Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Mangini got a raw deal. He built up the core talent (revis, mangold, dbrick) which Rex inherited and rode to success in '09 and '10. If favre doesn't rip his shoulder we make a playoff run.

#1101 al_toon_88, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. So any time the team sinks below .500 we should assume the entire 53 man roster is "overrated" & bring in 53 new players?

That's a good way to run a franchise.

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yea, i know the word rebuilding. im assuming you dont. with rebuilding you need BUILDING blocks. brick and mangold are great BUILDING blocks for our oline

4. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Lol. Is this guy for real? GTFO with this garbage.

5. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a Mangold and Brick thread but Idzik needs to explore their trade value. Both stunk it up in 2011 and this season they started out fair to good and then got mediocre as the season wore on. Work some magic Idzik and get us some juicy draft picks. Either one can go, if both need to go then that's fine too. Let's get on with the full rebuild and then boot Rex's flabby ass out the door after the season. Next offseason we have a ton of draft picks and young talent for the new head coach to work with. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

LOLOL

Didn't Brick not surrender a single sack this year until the Jags game?

Isn't Mangold a consistent Pro Bowl appearance?

You're out of your mind. We're not getting rid of two of our best players on the O-line so you can get WRECKS out of here.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Mangold is a perennial all-pro who had a down year. Brick is a fine LT.

8. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

This is crazy talk. Trading Mangold or Brick creates immediate weaknesses at key positions. If you want to talk about trading Revis that is one thing. We've seen that they can survive when he was not on the team. That is not the case with the O-Line. Think about what a disaster RT was not that long ago. If you're talking about trading guys like that, then just gut the team and play for the number 1 pick in 2014.

9. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Mangold hasn't been the same player since he got injured last season. He made the pro bowl last season based on reputation not achievement on the field. I'm sure even you would agree with that, right? So then keep Brick and dump Mangold. Although I think both are trending downwards and now would be a nice time to maximize their value.

10. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

And replace them with whom?

Remember when the team had some JAG playing center? How did that turn out for the Jets? Ngata basically killed Sanchez, and he hasn't been the same since.

If you think having a weak RT is bad, how bad would this team be with an average LT?

Trading these guys is not an option. Moore is almost done, and Slausen is average at best. This team doesn't need an entire rebuild, they need skill players on offense.

11. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Half the time I am on here I wonder if these people even watch football. Trade Mangold are you serious?

12. JFS76

JFS76 New Member

I hear what you're saying but it's obvious that Woody and Rex have no clue what they're doing. Hopefully Idzik will attract talented candidates and can build a talented staff. Knowing the franchise owner, it's difficult for me to be optimistic. I always hope for the best for my favorite team but I've been so disgusted with the way this club has been run the past couple years. Even though the jets are facing a double edged sword with being in cap hell and talent hell, I personally would have been more comfortable with a candidate who is really proven at scouting talent.

13. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

convinced this major33 character is a troll. he was gone from this place for over 2 years when the team was good and coincidentally resurfaced when things went to shit at the end of the 2011 season. probably a bored pats troll.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Oh man...who let the short bus students into the room?

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So Coples, and Wilkerson suck? And the best defensive backfield Iin the NFL WITHOUT REVIS, is an indictment of the talent level?

And Hill sucks too.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care who's picked as long as they end up doing a good job. I know nothing about these guys except the little snippets that the media is putting out. That's hardly enough information to make an informed decision whether any of these guys will do a good job.

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am fine with them in terms of talent, and their importance on the club.

I am not fine with their 10M price tag however.

That said, trading crucial OL players = stupidity. (Randy Thomas, Kareem McKenzie, etc.)

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So we still don't know for sure if Idzick will take The job or not? Damn. I think the guy can really be an asset for us.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Mangini got more free agent hires than anybody else and big ones at that. He got a real QB. He got two pro bowl caliber offensive linemen on top of the 3 homegrown pros. He got Calvin Pace at top dollar. He got Thomas Jones and Kris Jenkins in trades. He just couldn't put it all together.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The issue with Idzik was always going to come down to whether the Jets could make him jump for the opportunity. Seattle is a good place to work and a great place to live as long as you can stand the rain. They pay their staff good money.