Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Junk your exaggerating again, the score was 12-0 when the defense gave up points, that was the only point in the game where there was a double digit lead and any score at all would have lost it. 9 of those 12 points were set up by the defense and special teams putting the ball basically in field goal range when the offense took the field. AKA the offense basically did nothing to build that lead. Also the Vikings never tied or took the lead, therefore the lead wasn't blown. A blown lead means the other team tied or took the lead.

But yeah whatever, it was all the offense (who managed a whole 10 points on their own that game).

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Junc you really need to reread things, the Pass O did nothing in the Minnesota game, nothing. of the points the Jets scored all but 10 were set up by the Defense...All the other points were either set up by the defense giving the offense the ball basically in field goal range or a pick 6 by the defense.

But yeah...whatever

tons of blown leads saved by the offense, that's hilarious. an offense so powerful it lost 3 games the defense gave up 10 or fewer points in. An offense so powerful that even the two games they won where the defense gave up 10 or fewer they just barely scored enough to win.

An offense that was repeatedly through the season given good field postion only to fail to score.

But yeah whatever dude, Sanchez isn't the lowest ranked QB in terms of TD%, Completion percentage, INT%, total fumbles, Yards per attempt, etc for nothing. He is the worst active QB in the league...

3. 818JET

818JET New Member

4000yds, 25 tds, and 10 to's, and 60%?!?!? this is butt fumble we're talking about here.. ill be honest, id settle for the numbers he put up in his second yr.

4. mikey

mikey Active Member

I don't think he'll get a chance to prove he should stay next season. He'll be a very expensive backup next year.

5. WillyBeaman

WillyBeaman New Member

Can we not criticize the defense to prop up Sanchez? This is a top flight NFL defense and is suffocating in the passing game. They fell off a bit this year but still very good. Average NFL defense gives up 30 pts in Titans game and game is never close.

Sanchez and the offense make it VERY hard on this defense. They are often put in bad situations and spend a ton of time on the field. Last few SB winning defenses were nowhere near as good as any defense Jets have had since 2009.

6. Realistic Jets Fan

16 games
    16 inactives
    1 waiver at end of season

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2011:

wins:

Dal: STs
    Jax: O/D
    Mia: D
    SD: O
    @Buf: D
    Buf: O
    Wash: O
    KC: O/D

Losses:
    Oak: D/STs
    Bal: O
    @NE: D
    NE: D
    Den: O/D
    Phi: D
    NYG: D
    @Mia: O/D

1st FG: 33 yds
    2nd FG: 33 yds
    3rd FG: 43 yds
    4th FG: 30 yds
    5th FG: 6 yds

Can you get anything right?

It was a monsoon agaianst a guy who turns it over a lot, sure the D gets some credit but whatever credit they get for that they lose for blowing the lead.

do you realize how hard it is to win in january? ask Peyton manning, you don't win consistently in january w/o quality QB play.

Can anyone read? who said eli had no part? he had a good postseason but they won w/ D first. The difference btw the jets losing at Pitt '10 and NYG at SF '11 was the Giants D showed up and STs set up all their points in the 2nf half and OT.

Their D shut down GB and NE, enough said.

My mistake but they still blew a double digit lead and allowed Minny back in a game we controlled for 3 qtrs.

8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This is SUCH an underrated point.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

According to NYJUNC, the defense should allow zero points off of Sanchez's turnovers just to give him time to gel.

Sanchez can do no wrong. What will it take for you to realize that Sanchez isn't a viable starter?

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

do you realize you have to get to january consistently before you win in january? 50 percent isnt very consistent. but im sure you will blame everyone but the cheeseman for that.

btw ill let trent dilfer know that he is in fact a quality qb and tell him he has one more week to thank ray lewis.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Did the fact that we had the best OL and rushing attack in the NFL in 09 have anything to do with that No. 1 D? 09 we had a great D, 10 we had a very good D, last 2 years hard to tell because teams didn't need to score points to win against us. We currently field one of the worst starting LB corps in the league.

12. nyjunc

The Giant D was MUCH better in both of their SB runs, the Saints D was betterm the GB D was better- where are these better defenses? Indy's D played better in postseason in '06, the 2 Steeler Ds were better.

The D we had has been good but vastly overrated by Jet fans. What bad situations were they put in during postseason games? was it a bad situation to have Tebow at the 5 yd line w/ 5 mins left? bad to have Eli and NYG 3rd and 10 from their 1? bad to give the ball to Chad Henne at his 30? bad to give it ti Jax at their 17?bad to give to Atl up 4 at their 27? I can go on and on and on.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

When he was the 27th ranked QB in the league..still better than this year I guess but by how much?

14. slimjasi

Yep. This is, by far, our biggest issue on defense.

15. nyjunc

4-2 isn't 50%

Trent Dilfer was vital to their SB run, he wasn't the key. Obviously they won w/ D first as did the Jets but if Trent doesn't make plays they don't win. Notice how many SBs they have been to since Trent? notice how many the great Bears Ds of the 80s made? the Bucs of the early 00s?

16. nyjunc

27th ranked but top 10 best

17. slimjasi

hahaha, well put.

18. slimjasi

Serious question here: Do you have even the slightest notion of how blatantly moronic this post is?

19. nyjunc

I would expect that from someone who dosesn't understand the game and only evaluates based on QB rating.

20. slimjasi

I've watched every play of Mark Sanchez's career. If I never looked at a quarterback rating list in my life, it would still be blatantly obvious to me that Mark Sanchez isn't a franchise quarterback. All you have to do to definitively conclude that Sanchez sucks is watch every other quarterback in the league play and then judge Sanchez's collective performances, with respect to, every other quarterback in the league. He is OBVIOUSLY at or near the bottom. The only thing that something like a quarterback rating list does for me in the case of Sanchez is to confirm what my eyes have repeatedly told me time and time again: he fucking sucks.

Even if your aren't a big stats guy, to nonchalantly proclaim that a quarterback ranked 27nth in quarterback RATING who completed less than 60% of his passes was a top ten quarterback in a given year is simply idiotic and downright delusional.