Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The passing offense has been terrible all of the Rex Ryan/ Sanchez era... let's not kid ourselves.

Lets step aside from all of juncs excuses, exaggerations, downplays, etc. etc. etc. of individual games and take this team as face value for once.

In the Rex Ryan era, his Jets teams have been teams that have a strategy of overwealmingly relying on its good to great defense to win football games while simultaneously hoping that their QB on the offense doesn't blow the game for them. - Not just Sanchez's rookie year, but every year he's been here.

-Of Rex Ryan's 34 wins, 90% have been had because of this strategy. The Defense played great and Sanchez didn't screw up.
    -Of Rex Ryan's 30 losses, 90% of them were because Mark Sanchez in particular gave the game away, aka the strategy failed them.

A great example would be the Denver "Tebow" Game in 2011. Junc will probably tell you that Sanchez didn't lose the game and point at the 95 yard drive the D gave up to lose it.

But the reality is the game falls within the 90% category. The defense played good to great all day, and Mark Sanchez lost that game. Sure the defense was on the field when the Jets lost the game, but you are putting too much pressure on your defense when you can't win a game in which they only give up a little over 200 yards total and 10 points on the road!!

The offense led by Mark Sanchez, which was constantly given the ball back all day, going 3 and out all day AND a Pick-six by Mark Sanchez lost that football game.

That game is a perfect example of the Rex Ryan era strategy and its losses.

I can literally only think of possibly ONE game in the last 4 seasons in which it felt like the Jets "outscored" the other team. Houston in 2010. 1 game. And that was against a team with a terrible defense and a great offense - and even then the offense struggled for a whole section of the football game.

Most playoff teams now have at least 4 or 5 games a year in which they can say they won by "outscoring" the opponent. The Jets have 1 in 4 seasons!

2. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

BrowningNagle
    Not trying to take anything away from your post as I get your point, but to be fair they did a pretty good number on the Bills this year in the first game. So I'd say 2 games.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Let's look at the wins and assign the wins based w/ O, D and STs

I think in 2009 that was the case but certianly not in 2010.

2010 wins where the D didn't play great:

at Miami
    at denver
    Minnesota
    at Cleveland
    at detroit
    Houston

that's 6 of our 11 wins and the 11th win was basically an exhibition game so basically 60% of our wins in 2010 the D didn't play great.

the losses that were on the O in 2009 and 2010:

2009:
    at NO
    Buf

2010:
    GB
    Miami

we lost 12 games, 4 of 12 doesn't equal 90% to me.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I disagree with this 100%. Mark's a bad QB, but your making him out to be much worse. Rex's 2nd season, you have to give the argument to nyjunc - defense did play pretty bad during some stretches, and the offense did have to bail us out.
    Up until the last 3 games, Mark Sanchez did a pretty good job with this team, then he shat the bed and became a bust.

Your "90% theory" only applies to Mark's first season and his 4th. Seasons 2 and 3 don't apply at all, as the defenses didn't play great. And while Mark may of screwed things up, we still won games (Cowboys in Mark's 3rd season, Oakland Raiders 3rd season we should of won, but we got owned because we played poorly on defense - Mark had a career high in passing yards that game and played really well).

It's amazing how some Jet fans still blame this team's struggles on just the QB position and the QB position alone.

5. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Wow junc you got me there, you just agreed with 68 jets with the point you just made and all I had to do was say Farve played better than your Qb! Again the defense gave us at least 13 points, and your infamous Qb who was set up all game by said defense won the game for us? I thought you proclaimed yourself as the greatest at arguing in the land of Jets? You got along way to go before you understand the position of Qb and the correlation of good qbing to great defense.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

ok but the D blew a 15-0 lead, right? that's double digits.

7. tbruner12

I've looked at every game in 2011, and it's very safe to say that 6 of our wins came via defense and 6 of our loses are on Sancho! Not to mention we were 8-5 with 3 games left need to win one of the three as it turned out to unset Cinncinati for final playoff spot and nacho leads us to an 0-3 record with how many turnovers and game changing plays? Our defense wasn't that great that year but if you subtract our Qb from the equation our defense is easily top 10.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Exactly if it wasn't for Sanchez Rex would probably have 50 wins

9. tbruner12

You really don't see it do you? If the defense has to help the offense all game long, and help itself by keeping the other team from scoring, what the hell else you want it to do? We might as well put Bart Scott under center! You have no concept of team football do you? Both units rely on each other, and you can't see how much of a drag nacho is against the current? Dude I would love to watch just one football game with you and see how blindly you follow a game! This is as simple as I can be, if we had a Qb that is one half of the Qb Brady or manning are, we would have one at least one Super Bowl and played in three straight AFC hampionships, winning 2 of those, maybe! I realize that 1/2 of Brady or manning is 3 to 4 times nacho, but if we had a decent Qb?

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Did it ever occur to you that Sanchez is very much a product of Rex's coaching style?

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Did it ever occur to you that Sanchez is just incapable of carrying a football team and being a leader??? If nothing else the guy doesn't command respect on the field or in the huddle, He is a Coward

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

You have a funny interpretation of the offense getting 15 points, when on 12 of those 15 they moved the ball less than 20 yards or so. Translation, if the Special teams and Defense hadn't given the offense the ball 4 times on the Vikings side of the field the offense would have scored 3 points in the first half and 7 in the second.

As for a lucky interception? lord, you admit the Vikings turned the ball over repeatedly but refuse to give kudos to the defense.

You sir are one piece of work....You ignore facts and blow them in to your own little universe....

I wish you were a GM for another team, I could get 2 first rounders trading sanchez to you and probably get you to pay us for our cap hit as well.

Like Barnum supposedly said, you sir are one of those born every minute.

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You mean a product of Matt Cavanaugh's style? Which is why he's fired...?

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Matt Cavanaugh worked for Rex Ryan up until a few days ago.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hey nyjunc, mark sanchez is not an nfl qb. and no matter how hard you try to convince everyone he still wont be any good.

just like herm was never any good.

but you arent going to get me to argue with you for 5 more years about it.

to everyone else, he wont concede. he doesnt understand how to he has convinced himself that he is right. he still says herm was a great coach, he is delussional.

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

And now he's gone, so there is some accountability.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Have to take into account the offensive line, WRs, play-calling and offensive philosophy. That 2011 team was a mess all-around, again hard to blame 90% of missing the playoffs on Mark Sanchez. Giants and Eagles I don't put on Mark Sanchez completely. Schottenheimer and Holmes lost us those games respectively.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

In 2011 when we scored more than 24 points we were 7-0, when we scored 24 or less we were 1-8. I really don't know what to gather from that except that our offense was very inconsistent and contributed a lot of turnovers making it tougher on our D, but that our D also had poor games.

19. tbruner12

count again junc the truth is in the pudding, so is the proof!

20. WillyBeaman

WillyBeaman New Member

What a joke. 9tds and 1 pick, over 1000 yards in last seasons playoffs. Yes, Eli had no part in the SB win.

Played 2 13-3 teams and a 15-1 defending SB champion, none of those being at home.

Btw, 25 NFL teams and their fans would kill for the defenses Sanchez has had since 2009. Most jets fans have been spoiled by great defense and a great running game and have no idea what real NFL Qbing looks like absent those luxuries.

Sad.

#340 WillyBeaman, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013