Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

:rofl: You really are a piece of work! Nonstop entertainment! :breakdance:

Cromartie WIDE OPEN in the Texans Game ...
    Schillens in the Dolphins Game
    Hill in the Patriots Game ...
    Keller vs Seattle ...
    The Buttfumble ...
    How about that balloon he threw up for grabs before people even sat down for the Cards game?? ...
    ALL NIGHT against the Titans ...
    If you hurry, you still might be able to catch that DB for the Bills ...

I could go on and on. SO MANY to choose from! You did bother to watch some of the games this year, right??

But I have to give you credit. You're not afraid to stand up and respond to your many critics. I give you props for that.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

where did I say he wasn't horrible this year? but again he had no one to throw to, he was better earlier in the season, he was lost late. A lot of that had to do w/ the talent around him. Did you not see what McElroy did when he started? There wasn't anyone to throw to.

3. feldspar

feldspar Member

I'll tell you one thing: the Jets really shat the bed by giving Sanchez that three year extension with two years left on his contract. IF they start him next year, it would be his make-or-break year. The pressure is on him BIG TIME to perform...Rex too. Without that extension, Sanchez would be heading into the final year of his rookie contract, and things wouldn't be quite what they are now with all that money tied up with him.

But this whole ongoing argument is pointless...totally pointless. The question isn't what Sanchez has done in 2010 or in the playoffs. The question is whether they can upgrade the position. I personally think that they should if they can...obviously. The only question is who is available at QB this year in free agency and the draft. Sanchez may be lucky, as the pickings seem kind of slim, and there are other teams desperate to find a QB somehow this year.

I don't think Sanchez is a franchise quarterback, nor will he ever be. Sanchize will go the way of ManGenius in the end anyway. That's my opinion, and I don't need to justify the finer points to have it. The Sanchize defenders are having less and less of a leg to stand on here, falling back to a handful of moments of his 4-year career that happened years ago to talk him up.

Whether the excuses are justified are beside the point. This is a business, and only results matter. People's jobs are at stake...many people already have lost their jobs. Among other things, you have another OC coming in...shall we build the offense around Sanchez at this point? IMO, the coaching staff will revolve around Rex Ryan, who already seems to be on the hot seat. The New York Jets are a mess...are they rebuilding or not? That's the question. I just don't see that they're at a point where they make a few key moves and are right back in the thick of things.

If somebody is ever going to start him this year, it's Rex Ryan, who has a tattoo of...well, we know about his tattoo. But, the fact of the matter is that if you go with Sanchez and want him (and the team) to be successful, then you have to strengthen the defense and running game first and foremost. I don't think that anybody in their right mind would argue with that based on past turn of events. Santonio Holmes will be back, but they need WR help too, obviously.

It'll be interesting to see how the Sanchez dilemma is handled, to put it mildly. It only matters what we think to us.

4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

hey you were the one who said sanchez throws the long ball. sanchez may have thrown 10 passes all year that were deep as in 25 yards or more. why? cause he is innaccurate in short to mid passes, and the longer the ball hangs in the air the more likely it will be picked off. 30 passes against indy, 5 were over 10 yards in length. wow murrell you know football, your qb is a dinker and a dunker who threw 20 intc that year. his coach knew better to let him so he limited him drastically,otherwise he may have had like 40 intc. yeah you know the game alright. you wouldnt know a hot pile of steaming shit, if you stepped in it. him throwing a 7 yard out and the receiver breaking a tackle runs 65 yards for a td isnt airing it out down field, get real!

5. nyjunc

if he only threw 10 passes downfield all year how did Braylon average 17.1 per reception? do you realize how great an average 17.1 is?

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

doesnt this entire thread belong in the sanchez sucks just sucks thread? i think they should be merged. this is all just stuff that has been gone over all ready.

7. tbruner12

you realise in the atlanta game we got beat 10-7 right? you are showing your game intelligence even mentioning this one. nacho threw 3 picks that game, what a way to help the defense in a game we should have won if nacho can even resemble an nfl qb.
    if he was such a great qb why didnt we score anymore against indy? the reason our defense got scored on so much was that they needed another corner, and did i mention that the defense was facing a real game changer, not some dork like taco?
    you realize that we lost to the bills 13-16 in a game that your qb threw 4 picks? in the 2nd game against new england we lost 16-31 and your savior threw 4 more picks. thats a real game changing qb that you and murrell are arguing for right there! you two dont watch the games, and if you do its with nacho's underwear pulled tightly over your eyes and noses! if your qb doesnt suck in those games we win the division, and a bye, and who knows where our defense and run game could have taken us that year. but it is what it is, you two seem to love sancho and his inability to play the game.
    you do realize that cromartie set us up more so than taco? i thought you said you watched the game?

8. nyjunc

so it was 10-7, so what? I was there, it was a very cold, windy day. A low scoring defensive struggle that a great D should thrive on. They shut down Atl for 55 mins(sound familiar?) but w/ the game on the line allowed Atl to go 73 yds after getting the ball back w/ 4:27 to play. That's great defense?

actually I think Mark threw 5 picks in that Buffalo game but I didn't bring it up so what is your point?

he had 3-4 awful games as a rookie which skewed his #s but overall he was good for a rookie and was really good in postseason helping us win 2 postseason games on the road.

9. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

4 awful games out of 16 is a lot (actually 15, didnt play against Tampa)

there's nothing skewed about it

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

25% awful rate is what you like in a QB?

Serious question: What is it about Sanchez that you like so much? What about him makes you call other, far superior QB's 'chokers', while he is a god (to you)?

Why are you so hard on our defense while you seem willing to give our offense EVERY benefit of the doubt? You even blamed the defense against Tennessee, while in the same breath apologizing for our 30th ranked offense...

11. tbruner12

you may have been there but under the influence? to say the d lost the game, when again they limited a good qb to 10 points is pitiful! how many points did nacho lead us too? against a lesser defense i might add.
    if mark "leads" us in those three games like you say he does we dont lose them and our record would have been much better, which leads us where? we cant go into the what might have beens, so i wont. fact is he shit his pants.
    he did help us in the cinncinati game, but the san diego and indy games? you are stretching the truth again to help your "juncy" qb.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The sampling of plays I just gave you went from Game #2 - Game #16.
    In every case, the screw-ups were 100% on Sanchez. The surrounding cast had nothing to do with it.

Cromartie, Schillens, Hill and Keller were all wide open and Sanchez had all the time in the world to hit them. All Should have all been EASY TD's. Any decent QB converts those plays into crucial points ... maybe misses ONE. Sanchez converted ZERO.

The Buttfumble speaks for itself.

The INT against Buffalo was a comical throw. Gannon was biting his tongue so bad in the booth, you could almost hear the blood.

K-Rho's pick ... did that look like the throw of a 4 year veteran starter??

The Titans game. was the single worst game I can remember a Jet QB having in the last 20 years.

I could name more, but what's the point?
    If it's not obvious to you by now, it never will be ---

Mark Sanchez is a terrible QB ... and He's not terrible because others around him make him terrible. He plays the position at the lowest level of competence of any veteran QB in the NFL.

13. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Eh idk. They allowed a total of 10 points to a very good Falcons offense. I consider that great defense. It doesn't matter if the TD came in the first minute of the game, or the last. The weight is still the same. People only perceive end game points to be different, but it has the same weight.

14. nyjunc

he was a rookie. He had a few awful rookie games, it happens. the rest of the year was good and the playoffs were very good.

15. nyjunc

you can't be great allowing a long TD drive to end the game. If we turned it over and Atl started on our 30 I'd give the D a little bit of a pass(but a great D will still make that stop more oftne than not) but a long TD drive against an ok O- this was not the 2012 O.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I said he was more than a dink and dunk QB. You would know this if you watched the games. Do you know what a dink and dunk QB is?

What fucking play are you talking about. What 7 yard out that the receiver broke a tackle and ran 65 yards?

You actually might be the least knowledgeable person on here.

17. lakersmetsjets49ers

To sum it up, play like the opposite of what he's played like the last 2 seasons.

There was something there to build on after 2010 but that's long gone.

At this point both sides need a fresh start, if Sanchez wants any chance of turning his career around long term he should rework his deal and work with the jets in dealing him and get a fresh start. Barring a complete turn around next season which is doubtful at best, him screwing up one more year with the jets will probably have him outta the league after next season

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Your beyond Hope Junc, you don't finish 6th in points allowed by being anything but a solid defense, especially when 21 points were off of pick 6's from the offense, yes sadly those count against the defense even though they weren't on the field. Fact is the defense was very good that year, top 5 or 6 in every major category except takeaways. The Key indicator of points allowed says all that needs to be said about the defense and how you try to slight them.

I hope some team will take sanchez, maybe we can up it to a 4th round pick for him....i'd do it in a heartbeat even if had to pay 6 million of his salary to get that 4th round pick.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

There was something even to build on partway through season 3. Since his contract signals he might be here next year, we don't have a quick QB fix. Let's shore up other portions of the team and if Sanchez shows drastic improvement, keep him. If we keep on getting silly mistakes and no trust in his teammates, send him off. If he can't win the starting the job from the QB we bring through FA, gone after next year too.

20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Reworking his deal wouldn't help the Jets move him. best way to move him is to trade him and pay 6 million or so of his salary to the team taking him, assuming they give at least a 4th or 5th rounder in teh process. that is actually less expensive than cutting him by about 3 million dollars in terms of cap space