Poll: what kind of stats does Sanchize have to put up to remain a Jet after next seas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Jan 7, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The QB was a major reason why we succeeed in postseason, even turly great D's need quality QB play to win in january.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

#1 D in '09 was in ranking only?
    lol, how about every possible ranking? They let up 250yds per game, by far best in league. Think about that a second. We may never see numbers like that again.
    I think any QB would love to be a part of that, as it means great field position all game, and not much need to score a lot of points.
    It was the only reason we made the playoffs. Sanchez was dreadful throughout the regular season.

We ultimately lost in '09 to a better team in Indy on their field. Peyton was in midst of one of his best seasons ever on an offensive juggernaut, who played lights out at home. Once he figured out how to sustain drives, the game was over. Mainly picked on CB2 position. It was going to take a near perfect game to beat Indy on their field.. You can thank the D for even getting us to that point.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Which tells, and shows EXACTLY what happened during each game for the whole game, and no it wasn't copy and paste, though they were referenced for accuracy. And they show exactly why the comebacks were even necessary in the first place. Against Houston that game was lost if after the sanchez interception where Houston got the ball on the Jets 10 with under 2 minutes to go if the defense, yes the same defense you claim is crap, hadn't held the Texans to a fieldgoal.

In both games the Jets defense repeatedly forced 3 and outs, and Sanchez kindly did about the same, 3 and outs. on 3 different occasions the defense gave Sanchez the ball inside the opponents territory and Sanchez couldn't do shit with it. Score on any one of those and the games aren't close anymore.

You talk about others "not watching the game" or "not understanding the game". It's clear every time you post in this thread you have no clue. You even provide games that were only close because Sanchez was so inept through most of the game.

you claim the defense Sucked all year despite in 2010 holding opponents to 17 points or fewer in 8 games and allowing the 6th fewest points in the NFL that year.

Never mind that 14 of the 28 points the Jets put up against the Patriots came from short field position after the defense or special teams had delivered the ball inside the Patriots 30. But kudos for Sanchez for getting the ball in to the endzone, for a change. And don't forget the Jets defense smothered Brady all game and held the leagues most prolific offense to 21 points, a team that had averaged 32.4 points a game all season. Never mind that the defense held the Colts, the #4 scoring offense, to just 16 points....But yeah the Jets defense in 2010 sucked, I mean in either game if the defense doesn't play well Sanchez's weak efforts don't amount to anything. But yeah, "Sanchez won the games". Yeah right.

What the Steelers game showed was that if the Defense can't hold a team to under 21 points Sanchez doesn't have a chance in hell of winning....
    Same story in 2009, the Jets Defense held the two losing teams to 14 points in the playoffs, yet the defense stunk and Mark carried the team, yeah right.
    In the two playoff losses the "Mighty Sanchez" could only muster a total of 36 points, that's an average of 18 a game. In neither of the losses could he muster to points, yet it's all the defenses fault in your eyes.

if a defense has to hold an opponent to under 20 points for the team to win a game guess what, it's not the QB that's winning the games....its the DEFENSE.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Really? The worst tenured QB in the league over the last 4 years. Leading the Jets to back to back AFCCG's should have somehow not allowed anyone to make a comment like this. But I guess all the success we had prior to Sanchez getting here has somehow elevated your expectations. The 4 QB's that Sanchez has defeated in the playoffs are a who's who in the AFC over the past decade. Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have all been out played by the "worst tenured QB" in the league.

You guys are too much.:breakdance:

5. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I watched both games, and originally told you who carried our team in both games saying it wasn't your guy. You said he played better against SD than Cinn in 09 and I showed you that he sucked that game and we were carried by our D and run game. Same thing with the NE game, our Defense had the monumental task of stopping a real Qb and they did just that. Our run game, special teams, and field position won the game! It wasn't your dreamboat, although he didnt suck! You have no idea how football is played at all! Stick with madden, maybe Sanchez has won u some games in play land but not in reality!

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

JUNC has a fuzzy memory. That Indy game was lost on our last OFFENSIVE possession of the 1st half. We were up 14-6 after we just scored because BRAD SMITH completed a 50 yard pass on the previous drive. The defense was playing lights out. Then the DEFENSE forced a fumble deep in Indy territory and we had a golden opportunity to run the last two minutes off the clock, and score a TD to go into the locker room up 21-6 ... and getting the ball to start the 3rd Quarter.

So what did we do? ... run three "try to win in spite of our terrible QB" plays ... no first down ... FG ... leave Manning 2:00 to score ... which he did ... 17-13 ... air out of the balloon ... game over.

If we had a quality QB that season, we pull out the dagger and score a 7 points there ... and then at least 3 more to start the 3rd Quarter ... Up 24-6 and cruising to the SB. But we didn't have a quality QB. We had Sanchez.

EDIT: And rechecking the game log, we still got the ball back with 1:13 left on our 22 with a timeout ... and elected to run out the half instead of trying to get another 3 points on the board. Why? ... because we didn't dare give Sanchez a chance to erase the entrie 1st half with one of his horrible INT's. The fact is, he didn't "LEAD" us to anything. He was ALWAYS a liabilty. And ALWAYS held us back.

#206 truthbtold, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  7. tbruner12

You must watch the same games as I. Junc must be watching madden fantasy games! Where does he get all this bullshit? Once again you win and junc loses!

8. feldspar

feldspar Member

Sanchez defeated other QBs? I may have to check with nyjunc who knows what he's watching, but the way that I understand it is that offenses face defenses.

No QB ever defeated another QB, as they are never even on the field at the same time. It's not a two-man sport.

That's football, which is not rocket science.

What you just said really should mean that the Jets defense deserves a ton of credit.

#208 feldspar, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  9. tbruner12

you said out played...... Ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!! The defense and respected run game allowed a player as bad as nacho to look promising for a few games in 2 years. Then the run game and defense take steps back, and now suckchize can't dink and dunk his way less than 50 turnovers in a training wheels offense! If Pennington was our Qb in09/10, I'd go out on a limb and say we win one of those AFC championship games. Sanchez's claim to fame is he rode the team to both, and lost!
    Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, statistically speaking, he is the worst tenured active QB in the NFL, he's got the next to lowest completion % of all active QB's with at least 150 attempts per season in the league. He's in the top 16(all but 3 of them playing since 2005 or earlier, non started playing after 2006) for career fumbles of all active QB's in the league, and 15th in career interceptions (all but 3 of the players in front of him have been playing since 2004 or earlier)
    He ranks 27th in TD% (percentage of td's per pass attempt) out of active QB's who qualify with 150 passes per season. He ranks 32nd (out of 33) in interceptions per pass attempt of qualifying QB's.

And as pointed out previously, with 1 playoff game exception the Defense held the opposition to 16 or fewer points in 3 of the 4 playoff wins, and only 21 points in the other and that was against the leauges #1 scoring offense, a full 14 points below the Patriots season average. Hint, if your defense holds a team to 16 or fewer in the playoffs you SHOULD win that game. The only game the Jets allowed 21 points in the defense and special teams set up 2 of the 4 touchdowns the team scored, and i'd like to remind you the Patriots defense wasn't very good.

But I really hope we can find a GM who thinks Sanchez was good back then, maybe we could score a 4th round pick for him from that sucker.

11. Murrell2878

Ah. Okay. THanks.

12. Murrell2878

You are completely wrong. Sanchez DID out play each of those 4 QB's. Sanchez was a HUGE reason we won those games. You guys like stats. Do you know who the #6 ALL-TIME rated QB in the post season is?

Prior to this postseason:
    Post Season Passer Rating Rank

1 Aaron Rodgers 105.4
    2 Bart Starr 104.8
    3 Drew Brees 103.9
    4 Kurt Warner 102.8
    5 Joe Montana 95.6
    6 Mark Sanchez 94.3

Yeah, he was carried throughout the playoffs :rolleyes:

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Let's cut to the chase here. I hate to hurl insults but it really is this simple ... If you actually WANT Mark Sanchez to be our starting QB in 2013 and beyond, to put it kindly, you're football illiterate.

Saying we're stuck with him is one thing ... maybe it is what it is ... but actually trying to present him as a viable NFL starter?? ...

14. tbruner12

oh my god, you watch real football games too, not the imaginary ones like junc! He says the D cost us by not stopping Pitt which would have gave us a chance..... A very very very slim chance with the Qb we have, but junc assumes we would have scored no problem! We didn't have red zone troubles did we junc? He could never coach little league football, even if he had nacho as a Qb! Try again junc, this is so funny! Go Tar Heels! Right junc?

15. Murrell2878

If Sanchez was as bad as you guys make him out to be in the playoffs then we DON'T win 4 games. You can win one game w/ poor QB play, but not 4. And you don't beat Palmer, Rivers, Brady and Manning w/ poor QB play. So this theory that he was carried in the playoffs is a joke.

16. Murrell2878

I don't think anyone is saying that Sanchez should be the starter in 2013 never mind beyond that. Most of us who still support Sanchez has said he should compete for the job in 2013. If he gets beat out then he gets beat out. I personally think he can still be a viable starting QB in the NFL. He needs some help coaching and getting some talent to work with, no doubt about that, but I saw a developing QB who was making plays in 2010 and heck even a little bit in 2011. But losing skill players around him and a deteriorating OL has clearly affected him. Maybe to the point that he can't come back, but he deserves one last shot, and because of his contract, we may not have a choice.

17. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

I believe at one time Sanchez was a serviceable, dare I say, quite clutch quarterback. Those times have long passed. Sanchez has regressed to a point beyond repair. His confidence is completely destroyed. He does not know how to behave in the pocket. Perhaps a competent OC can turn Sancho into starter material again, but this is highly questionable. It would be easier to cut our losses, plant a good environment to groom another young quarterback, and put all our chips on the next guy.

18. tbruner12

here is a stat for you: everybody on this list has done something that nacho hasn't. I will say this list is good for one thing, it's as close to cool joe as he will ever be! Sancho was only good because he was limited. All others on this list are unleashed. Nacho dinks and dunks, everybody else plays Qb! Don't ever compare taco to real Qb's like you just did. It's ridiculous!

19. Murrell2878

Make up your mind. In one post you say he can't dink and dunk and in this post you say all he does is dink and dunk. SMH.

I didn't compare Sanchez to any of those QB's. I posted a stat (which is what you guys like)

BTW - your dink and dunk comment proves you don't even watch the games.

20. tbruner12

So you are saying he out dueled them? None of these teams had what mark did. A great defense, and a very good run game! Get real, nacho didnt play against a defense like any of the mentioned Qb's did. So yeah taco was carried!