Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Realistic Jets Fan

D'Angelo would be a good choice. The fact that the same armchair football gurus that have expressed their displeasure with every single name mentioned are also whining about him is pretty much a feather in his cap

2. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Angelo would be a solid choice. Built a winner and we not take any of Rex's bull. Briane Gaine may also be in the mix. We need more than just a guy who picks players, we need someone to be the leader of the organization

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Out of the 11 seasons he was GM they had 6 winning seasons... is that good enough for you? Plus, he drafted like shit!

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I really don't want some retread GM, anyone from the Parcells tree or anyone from the Jets. Bring in some fresh meat Woody.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would be disapointed with Angelo. We don't need someone else's garbage, we need fresh perspective and vision. He obviously was fired for a reason and I don't ever recall that organization having a great offense to be proud of, I just don't get it.

I will trust that with all this extensive searching that they find their guy, I'm still hopeful but I don't think Angelo would make me super excited.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The only way I'd want a retread GM is if it were someone who had been successful and left on their own for whatever reason. Even in that case I wouldn't want an old fart. So yea, their probably isn't anyone like that out there.

7. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I'll make things simple for you woody:

Tom Gamble is the man. Get it done.

Draft picks and acquisitions Colin Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, patrick willis, Carlos Rogers, dashon goldson, Justin smith, mike iupati, Michael Crabtree are proof enough for me.

Apparently, woody would rather slum it with losers and retreads who "interview well".

Not to mention looking to hire a cap / non-football (Ball, Khan) guy to replace the cap / non-football guy you just canned.

It kills me to watch organizations that know what they're doing. Kaepernick is absolutely destroying every defense in his path while costing his team next to nothing. Then you consider what the Jest have done with Sancho Crapza.

Which once again goes to show how clueless Rex is: he wanted to draft Kaepernick to run the stupid gimmick wildcat. He could not see the kid's obvious talent as a passer.

#467 al_toon_88, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  8. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Ehh.. not a choice i would go with. Bring in Gamble,Ross,Popp or maybe Russ Ball and call it a day then we grab a OC.

#468 PuMa, Jan 13, 2013
  9. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

If you elimiated everyone coach or GM who was ever fired, you probably would eliminate a lot of talented people. If you get Angelo, there will be plenty of speculation about Lovie Smith in 2014l

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I posted the link to it in your thread I think

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

I honestly dont understand whats so great about Brian Gaine? Nothing stood out to me. 3 underachieving/bad franchises over his career and has been the right hand man of one of the worst GMs the last 5 offseasons.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'd rather see any one of those guys than a retread who was fired for keeping his franchise at the mediocre level. I thought the point was to find someone who could put us over the top?

13. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Yeah im not so much into the Gaine idea either though the man was an Assnt. GM for the fins they have little to no talent too.. so what would be the change ? we need a fresh start with an intelligent GM he as to be able to:

- Scout well
    - Have Cap control
    - Negotiate well
    - Be a Winner

otherwise Wtf are we making better ???

#473 PuMa, Jan 13, 2013
  14. AlToon

AlToon Member

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Agree 1000%. Until Woody bites the bullet and gets serious about hiring a football guy to be the architect of this entire franchise it will be SOJ. End of story. And besides Gamble, the choices that are left out there are rather uninspiring. Only in Jets land are we given the leftovers and told that this is a 5 star meal.

16. Realistic Jets Fan

stopped reading at FOX

17. PuMa

PuMa Banned

18. AlToon

AlToon Member

19. akibud

akibud Active Member

Just heard Jay Glazer on Fox NFL Sunday telling us that the NY Jets cannot give away their GM job. They are now in the process of doubling back to candidates that have already turned them down, almost begging them to take the job. Of course, he is in the media, so he most likely hates the Jets and is out to get them through no fault of their own. :rolleyes:

Now, if this is true on any level, what do you guys suppose is the reason that Woody Johnson cannot fill a GM job in the NFL? One of only 32 such opportunities in the world!!! Hmmmm!! As the World Turns.

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If true that is soo sad. Woody asking candidates to reconsider taking the Jets GM job. They should just put an ad in Craiglist for a new GM at this point.