Caldwell says Tim Tebow will not be a Jacksonville Jaguar.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NFL, Jan 10, 2013.

1. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

I know right he hit 6 field goals for all of those 18 points what a boss!

#61 JetsDfc, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Tebow sucked during the majority of the game, played remarkably well, and then reverted to sucking again. If it weren't for Prater that game would have ended in a tie and Tebow never would've made it to the playoffs. At least say thank you to the man that hit the FG that, statistically, it was more likely he was going to miss than make. Please, tell me more about how Tebow won that game for the Broncos.

But, IMO, Prater deserves no praise because he's a terrible human being and a bona fide doucebag.

3. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Many people like to blame the trade for Tebow on the GM when I feel strongly that Woody was the one who pushed for him.

It wasn't a fluke it didn't workout. The over whelming consensus on Tebow was he couldn't succeed in a conventional offense, the offense would have to be built around him, he would be a big distraction and wouldn't be a good fit for the Jets. Not only was all this ignored by the Jets BEFORE they traded for him, during the season when it was becoming evident he wasn't working out, Woody made the comment to the press he would like to see Tebow play out his contract with the Jets. What really didn't make sense about the trade is Tebow couldn't run the Jets conventional offense and yet he was the 2nd string backup QB to Sanchez. How can you be the back up if you can't run the offense?

Once you understand the context of those comments you can begin to understand the absurdity and dysfunctionality of the Jets front office. They (Woody, Rex, Tanny) were repeatedly asked did you bring him in for football reasons or business reasons (sell tickets). They vehemently attested to it was for football reasons. They lied to the fans and to Tebow about his true purpose.

Add to that, the interview of Westoff who said they never practiced any special wildcat plays for Tebow. The implication is they had no intention of ever playing him. He was basically there to sell tickets and they would put him in as little as possible just to appease the fans.

They basically destroyed any value he had and wasted his entire season as a circus side show while hurting the team. If he ever knew what the Jets intentions were he would never have come here.

Btw, I'm not a Tebowmanic, never wanted here, but I think he is a really nice guy and was the last person I can think of who deserved to be treated like that.

#63 Jon_Snow, Jan 11, 2013
  4. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

3rd nfl start not bad. Im not saying he deserves all the credit, but 4/5 of the nfl qbs couldn't have made that comeback.

He did SUCK super bad the first 55, and he deserves every bit of blame for that

The last 5 were amazing and he deserves credit for that too.

Not all pro tebow guys are all like OMG TEBOW IS THE BEST RAH RAH.

a lot of us can talk objectively, i'll admit it whens hes bad (lions game wowwww.)

There are extremist on both sides, he does nothing wrong/he does nothing right. To assume everyone is in one of those camps is a bit unfair and hurts discussion.

#64 JetsDfc, Jan 11, 2013
  5. VanderbiltJets

100% agree with your last sentence.

This game's been discussed over and over. While Tebow did lead the comeback, he neither won the game for the Broncos nor put his team in a favorable position to win the game.

6. icicle1906

icicle1906 New Member

Meh, you're just mad Vandy hasn't beaten UF in football since 1988. I was six years old at the time. I'm almost 31 years old today. I will say that you guys have a great head coach now and I have a lot of friends that visit the city when we play you guys every other year and they have a blast everytime!

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

a wee bit of a contradiction... unless there's a typo, that makes no sense. How can he lead the comeback, yet not put his team in a favorable position to win?

8. TTTTebowAndTheJets

:up::up::up:

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

First of all the Jaguars are idiots for letting the new GM do this, Out of 32 NFL teams they are dead last in ticket sales and that isn't gonna change anytime soon. Bringing in Tebow would have been the best scenario for the Jahuars but Caldwell already thinks of himself as a top GM even though he as zero experience. I guess there expecting Chad Henne jerseys to sell and they are counting on him to sell out the building ....lol good luck with that. MJD and Tebow could have been a real ground and pound combo

10. VanderbiltJets

Because he put his team in a position to tie.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

In other words, you can't back up what you said, he posts that you did quote were taken out of context and they didn't back up your assertion.

Thanks for playing.

:)

12. Demosthenes9

Oh, btw, just for shits and giggles, guess what ? Catfish's post doesn't claim that Tebow MUST BE a "first round talent" either.

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Does it really matter? Tebow will just be another 1st rd pick who didn't have what it takes to make it in NFL.

14. Demosthenes9

Time will tell. I'm not convinced that he'll be out of the NFL in 2013.

15. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

Actually I think there are a couple of reasons for him to say what he said.

1. If as reported the Jets are looking to get rid of Tebow then showing interest means the Jets are going to want compensation. If no teams show interest and he is cut if a team wants him they can sign him without owing the Jets anything.

2. I think it is against the rules to show any interest in a player who is under contract until a little later in the year. I want to say March 1, but I'm not sure.

16. Realistic Jets Fan

3. He's seen Tebow in action and knows that he SUCKS

17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

To make matters worse, MJD has already announced he will NOT ask the Jags for a new deal. Now that doesn't mean he's def not coming back, but that's a pretty big "fuck you". Only way he's back is if the Jags are the absolute highest bidder.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

If no other team in the NFL wants him then how did the Jets mislead or mistreat him? If the next stage of his career is the CFL or AFL or HS coach, then he did not belong on the field this year. This league is, after all, a meritocracy.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Players come and go. Winning sells tickets. Bringing Tebow to Jacksonville will sell tickets for one season. Then, after he rides the bench or the Jags play him and come the realization that you can't run an NFL offense with him at QB and go in another direction in 2014, those tickets sold in 2013 become empty seats in 2014. Caldwell needs to build a team, not bring in the circus 8 Sundays in the fall. Too bad the Jets were not smart enough to realize this a year ago.

20. Slap

Slap New Member