Can a QB Coach Develop Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jeti, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'm thinking, Tebow has good accuracy, zip and passion but his throwing motion and footwork need a ton of work. Do you think there's a QB Coach out there that can develop him into a real QB or has that ship sailed. Because I think he's going to be Jet next year and get a shot to be our starter

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I have no idea does not seem likely. If Tebow is on our roster or not I would guess will be up to the new OC and the new GM. If the new OC thinks Tebow is the answer Tebow will play if not we will be searching for a new QB.

3. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Tebow doesn't need development.

The starting gig is actually his birthright. Stick him in there and let him do his thing. No game plan neccessary, he just wins.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I keep getting this feeling he's going to be the starting QB. There aren't many options out there. I think Rex is looking to get him the right staff to develop him as a passer and use him as a dual threat which is why he said all the things he did at his press conference

5. harts24

harts24 Member

NO FKN WAY! he`s history next subject PLEASE!

6. Concerned_Citizen

You have GOT to be kidding me.

The way Rex has treated him all year, putting him everywhere BUT regular QB, then snubbing him, making it completely obvious to anyone paying attention that he isn't really a big fan of Tebow pulling the trigger on that offense...

...and you think there is a chance in HELL he's actually going to start Tebow and bring in a Tebow friendly coaching staff, and a more Tebow centric offense to build around him? Rex?

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

BAM! I knew you would see our way eventually!

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

No way Rex puts him in, he has ugly feet.

9. Concerned_Citizen

That's right. He just wins.. ..except when he loses, but that ain't his fault. It's a team game and any loss would all on to the shoulders of his teammates.

His fumbles aren't a factor either. Not if one of his teammates jump on the ball... Tim Tebow can't do EVERYTHING....

Love that commercial... lol

[YOUTUBE]3BkIh1R5utY[/YOUTUBE]

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

STOP! Hold it right there! He couldn't hit the ground if he passed out.

You slow learners need to get over it - he can't play the game at the NFL level. The Broncos knew it a year ago, thirty teams knew it last spring, the Jets confirmed it this year and now the Jaguars have reconfirmed it. What will it take for you guys to get the message? He might be a very nice guy, he might call his mom three times a week, he might be the guy who wrote inspirational (?) messages on his eyeblack patches, but he can't do the job he was hired to do.

Move along, nothing to see here.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

He already did do it. The real question is can he do it consistently.

So saying things like "He couldn't hit the ground if he passed out." is just hyperbole wrapped around exaggeration.

12. Ralebird

I repeat "...he can't play the game at the NFL level."

13. Realistic Jets Fan

No way

He sucks as an NFL QB

14. TTTTebowAndTheJets

except for the fact that he can... and has...

15. Concerned_Citizen

Alrighty then. So where will he be starting next year?

16. TTTTebowAndTheJets

He won't be... doesn't change a damn thing. What happened happened

17. Concerned_Citizen

Except when it didn't happen. It is all a matter of perspective. you think he proved he can play because he racked up a few wins on the backs of a defensive performance and some really freakish breaks.

Others like me watched the ENTIRE games and not just the last 5 minutes and thought he was carried, and the Broncos won in SPITE of him.

So it is your opinion that he proved himself. Not fact.

Just as it is MY opinion that he had not.

But take a look around the NFL and tell me by the behavior of those running the team which opinion they seem to support.

Cuz I'm betting if they really believed as you seem to do, that Tebow was capable of turning around a losing team and getting them into the playoffs on leadership, intangibles, and inspiration... several teams would be pounding on his door begging him to come play for their team.

I doubt they'd have a problem with the media promiting their savior either.

18. Ralebird

NO! He can't and he hasn't. A few games here or there with lousy completion stats says he can't. Consistency is part and parcel of playing the game at the NFL level. Two teams staffed by professionals who watched him daily says he can't. A lack of interest by any other NFL team says he can't. But YOU say he can and has - how did all the professionals miss this?

19. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I don't think he proved himself... i just think he proved he doesn't totally suck and deserves a chance. Far worse quarterbacks have been given more of a chance for far less. Its the hyperbole that drives me insane... he can't hit the water throwing out of a boat... he's a worse qb than most playing in high school... shit like that. He's proved the ability to play the position of QB at the highest level and have SOME success. He's only had a season worth of starts for christ sake. Its a fuckin shame he could be out of the league next year. Thats what pisses me off. He's not a traditional qb... doesn't change the fact that can and has won games playing the position.

#19 TTTTebowAndTheJets, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Only if Jesus is a coach. :)