Looks like Gamble might be our guy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jollygreenjet, Jan 5, 2013.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

The Rex supporters need to get their heads out of their asses and believe that at least some of it IS TRUE.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Now it gets interesting does Gamble bring in his DC and OC and are one of them the HC in waiting or does Rex make that call? I suspect we are going to dump loads of money this year and build up for a run in 14 and 15. Rex may be set up to be the fall guy for 13.

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

we'd run against stout run defenses to often this year, no screens, quick slants(Mark and Tone love those) and never went deep. Rex just wanted to run run run.

I agree bring in Alex Smith, we got 4 good receivers when healthy, Keller might not be back so we may need to draft a TE and a RB to go with Powell

Scott was still playing more snaps than Davis even though he was useless other than 1st down or 3rd and short. McIntyre, Maybin and Sapp(when healthy) should have been on the field more as well. Powell finally got to split carries with Greene and our run O was better because he actually hit holes instead of running into the line and falling

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Weird I thought no GM worth a shit would take a job with Rex still here. That's all we heard for months now anyway.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Do you know for sure Gamble is keeping Rex?

I'd imagine he will, but it's not set in stone unless you heard something I didn't.

6. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

The media likes to say that but honestly there are only 32 of these jobs in the world. Besides for all the talk about Rex he is a solid football coach.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

A lot of posters on this site were saying it too.

8. KWJetsFan

Was this really announced? Can't find it.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

nothing is official at this point.

this guy has not been a gm before so he is more willing to accept certain things i would assume.

once he is hired we will see what he does with rex. like i said before it would be foolish to force rex on him.

please refer to lovie smith. the bears wasted a year behind him. now they will go forward in whatever direction the gm wanted from day 1. im not an old man but i hate to waste a year.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They guy was looking at having Tim Tebow shoved down his throat in Jax or Rex Ryan for a year in NY. Which would you choose?

11. KWJetsFan

My bad. Only read the last few posts. thought I missed an official announcement.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol ... this guy is one of the top GM candidates and it sounds like he's going with the Jets with the condition that Rex stays. The guy has a history with Rex too.

None of what happens after the fact matters to the point I was making which was all those people who insisted no good GM candidate would accept a job with a coach in place were wrong.

Sounds like Rex may have actually helped land Gamble in this case.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Obviously I'd choose Tim Tebow.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

you know what I never understood about Tebow, if he has this extreme work ethic, why the hell hasn't he learned how to throw the football

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'll bet the media is hoping this isn't true. They cant be wrong. Lol

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I hope Gamble shoves it right up the media's ass and shuts down the "open door" media policy that has been in place the last few years. Give them the Mangini show and let them fucking cry about it.

17. Realistic Jets Fan

Really looking forward to Gamble and the Jets making it official

Good for the Rex non-haters too. Gamble apparently knows Rex well and the two can work together well. Rex will get to pick his prospective Coordinators and CS changes with Gamble having the final say. I think Gamble will select the OC Thurman will be the new DC and Kowitka the new STC.

Dunbar should remain DL assistant...all other assistants are up for grabs.

The next step is signing Matt Moore in FA then ridding the franchise of Tebow Scott Pace Thomas Smith Pouha and the rest of the dead wood.

Realistically I think this will be a great day for Gamble Rex and the entire NYJ organization

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Gamble and Rex and been freindly for over 20 years they know each other well from what i hear

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This post sums up my thoughts really well, especially Matt Moore signing.

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I would be VERY happy with Matt Moore. I felt like Miami screwed him out of a job he earned. I don't think he's some unreal, star qb, but probably the best option available to us this off-season.

Also, I really hope we get Gamble!