Looks like Gamble might be our guy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jollygreenjet, Jan 5, 2013.

1. AlToon

AlToon Member

Rex will just love Gamble bring in his own defensive coordinator. It won't be a Ryan defense.

2. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

unnamed sources? mike francessa and brian basset have both named pettine as a source of information for mehta. basset has reported that the jets have monitored his phone calls once before because of this problem, and even says he was slapped. pretty strong case.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

If that did happen then that would be a bad move by Gamble. The D not broke.

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

which is why i think it might be dennis thurman or karl dunbar that would get the nod. thurman has done a great job with the dbs and we all know who dunbar is, and our d-line has been one of the bright spots of the team this season.

5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

if mike pettine leaves then i don't see a problem with it

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Seems like a good hire if true. Rex knows he is his boss. I'm sure he will demand that Rex become a HC not a coordinator. A big mouth works well in motivating players both positive and negative. I think Rex is too close to some of the players. He has to step back and supervise his coaches on both sides of the ball and let the players know they answer to him when they mess up.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Around these parts 16/16 with a 58% are decent numbers. I think he is the logical move at QB, must address the skill positions.

8. AlToon

AlToon Member

Also, several teams are thinking about interviewing 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, league sources said, and if 49ers personnel exec Tom Gamble lands a GM gig, he may end up looking long and hard at Tomsula for the head coaching job there. And, there is still a possibility that Carolina and Jacksonville part with their head coaches pending the outcome of their GM searches.

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/st...k-at-best-coaching-gm-options-as-smoke-clears

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

@MikeGarafolo: Jets' GM interviews end early next week. Buzz is Gamble's the guy but won't be official this wknd.

@BrianCoz: Source just said the Jets have not offered the job to Gamble or anyone else yet. #nyj

@BrianCoz: Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross will interview with the Jets for their GM job on Monday, according to a source. #nyj

@RichCimini: Told at start of GM search that new GM wouldn't be in place by Rex/Woody presser on Tuesday. Nothing has changed. #Jets

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Now all of the beat writers come out and say that he wasn't offered the job...not to mention the fact that Rich is trying his best to not be proven wrong on his earlier prediction.

I think the only hold up is the fact that we're doing customary interviews to Ross and a few others on Monday. After that, I bet Gamble will have the job Tuesday.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Don't we have to interview and African American candidate before we hire anyone?

Edit: Marc Ross is our guy. Makes sense.

#71 BroadwayAaron, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  12. AlToon

AlToon Member

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Indeed. It's fine. It's not like Ross is some scrub off the street.

14. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Take it for what it's worth, but Incarcerated Bob is reporting that Gamble will have the power to fire Rex if he chooses to. I know that the guy is a clown, but IB has been pretty spot on so far with GM/Head Coaching rumors.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Have the Jets satisfied the Rooney Rule yet?

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Marc Ross, Giants exec

17. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

And considering all the drama they had with MJD this past season, I've got the feeling MJD is looking to get out of there.

18. Realistic Jets Fan

Fatso is still standing out there as the only one of "everybody" who knew it was Pettine. Basset mentioned the phone calls but specifically said he could not confirm Fatso's fabrication. Nor has anybody else of "everybody" in the nearly two weeks since Fatso broke this "scoop"

Even his subservient FAN lackey Schwartz wouldn't confirm it when Fatso demanded that he do so

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Lmfao @ incarcerated bob being spot on about anything.