Who's on your radar for the 2014 NFL Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Dec 21, 2012.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I need to see Manziel become of a pocket passer next season - no doubt in my mind about that, Bridgewater is very fundamentally sound I like that quality. You can't go wrong with either no doubt - We would have to be a bad team to be in that position to get one of these guys, I'm willing to if ANY of those 3 are OTC for the NY Jets in 2014 Draft.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I didn't say "Johnny Football" is better........that list of 4 is not a ranking, just a list of the best of the best next year......I like Teddy better.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

And after that you got Anthony Barr, Sammy Watkins, Jake Matthews, Austin Seferian-Jenkins... and Im curious as to what DeAnthony Thomas' draft stock is like, because he is one explosive player... I would pay to watch him on Sundays.

To say the least, next years draft at the top looks a hell of a lot better, but obviously things will change between now and next april.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

2014 the only guy I want is

<---------------

And if I cant get him then give me Anthony Barr

I pray we dont rush to draft a Franchise Quarterback

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

If we draft Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Football (assuming he has another good year and improves as a passer), why would that be rushing? You seem to have this fascination with the 2015 draft eligible QBs... To be honest, Bridgewater is a better prospect.

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

BRIDGEWATER MUST BE A JET IN 2014
    wouldnt mind clowney or Barr but bridgewater is our QB for the next 10 years we havent had that since Namath

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Bridgewater or Clowney or Manziel thats all i want in 2014

8. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

Like I was talking with my friends about this, I don't think I have ever seen an African American quarterback who is a pure pocket passer like Bridgewater is. I want to see this kid use his feet though, because I think if he has that other element he will be unstoppable

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Bridgewater is a better prospect than Clowney?????????

hell no and like I said Bridgewater still has a year or 2 to show us more, Manziel is over rated. Matt Barkley was the consensus #1 pick just a year ago and now look. No fan base wants to touch him

the 2015 Draft will give us more time to watch the players grow and develop. Its not a fascination but if we take the next 2 drafts(2013 and 2014) to address our line, skill positions and finish up the defense) then have a QB come in with a legit roster who can play from Day 1 and go from there

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I'm in the minority but I prefer Bridgewater as a pro over Johnny Football. Mobility I prefer Bridgewater, velocity on longball is a smudge better, pocket presence is equal but more upside on Teddy and he does it in a less QB friendly type of offense too.

Both should be grand but honestly I really think Bridgewater will be a Jet in 2014. He kind of reminds me of a prime Daunte Culpepper.

11. BakerMaker

Oakland just has 2-14 or 3-13 written all over it in 2013. I really don't know how they will get better. They can prove me wrong but the team is just such a mess on many accounts. Clowney may have to be a Raider unless Oakland does not take a QB in the 2013 draft.

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I like Teddy more than Manziel as well, I just love Clowney more than both to be honest. Hell there's still Brett Smith, Marcus Mariota and a few others yet to get their chances.

13. BakerMaker

No doubt Clowney is the leader of the pack of talent in 2014....but QB is a more valued position than DE and will be looked at higher.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Oakland doesn't have a 2nd and I doubt they go QB in the 1st unless they can trade back twice and stock pile more picks. So I see them fixing their line and then drafting a QB. I think Teddy is going to the Raiders

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

When we had Mark Sanchez in 2011 would you have picked Von Miller or Cam Newton.

The thing is Clowney is not going to bust and people say we haven't had a great QB in a while but Chad was good enough he just got hurt. We havent had a pass rusher in a while either and Clowney would give us one to go with our stud secondary and young D-Line

Both fill needs and if we can find a QB later then do it.

the 49ers went for Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick, we can do the same thing with Jadeveon Clowney and Brett Smith for example

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

I never said Bridgewater is a better prospect than Clowney. I said he's a better prospect than Johnny Football. Clowney is a better prospect than Bridgewater, but Bridgewater plays at the most important position in all of sports.

Thats the thing. I'll take the franchise QB every time over Clowney.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

You cant really compare Bridgewater and Clowney to Cam and Von Miller. Miller was never looked at as even a top 15 pick a year before he entered the draft. He wasnt even looked at as a consensus top 5 pick until after the combine. Cam was never looked at as an outstanding passer like Bridgewater is and most definitely not as refined. Both Cam and Miller had huge ceilings and thats a large part in their draft position.

Clowney and Bridgewater are both much better prospects coming out of college. Not saying that theyll be better than Cam and Miller, but out of college both are much more refined have have much less questions.

Btw, have you even seen much of Brett Smith? I would like to know what your opinion on him is, because its obviously very high... I havent watched any Wyoming games and theres nothing on him online.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

My reasoning behind saying I'd take Clowney/Smith or Clowney(2014), Mariota(2015) is because I'm looking at the playoffs and I'm either seeing teams manned by Elite QB's and inconsistent defenses(Green Bay, New England) teams manned by Elite D's, strong running game and above average/young QB's(Seattle, Washington, Baltimore, Cincinnati and San Francisco), Atlanta airs it out, Denver is probably the most complete team, Minnesota pounds the rock and then the balanced teams(Houston and Indianapolis)

Now adding Clowney to this D plus whatever talent we add this year and next year along with completing the O-Line and adding some weapons(another WR, complete TE and workhorse RB) we can then have a QB come in with a better chance to succeed and get back to contention. Now we can also do it by adding Bridgewater but if I was the GM I'd do it with Clowney because I want my young QB to come in with a complete defense to keep the scoring down, and established O-Line and run game plus a plethora of receivers to work with.

19. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Cyrus Kouandjio starting left tackle for Alabama sure fire 1st round pick in 2014

20. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Jarvis Jones is just what the doctor ordered!! A pass rushing OLB. Yes, please!!