Who's on your radar for the 2014 NFL Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Dec 21, 2012.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

He's apparently been dealing with wrist and ankle injuries. I'm impressed.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

He broke his wrist a month ago and had pins put in and hasnt missed a game I believe... Kid is tough to say the least.

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I think adding Bridgewater would be good but I'm still picking Clowney over him

Teams like San Francisco, Seattle, Minnesota and Cincinnati are all being lead by non-elite Quarterbacks.

I think drafting Clowney, if we suck bad enough and either trading back up for my boy Brett Smith or hell AJ McCarron has looked good and has great mechanics

Teddy isn't a rare QB prospect but Clowney is a rare breed of pass rusher

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I'll second the bridgewater love - made all the throws and was accurate in the short passing game.

Looked a little like Randall Cunningham at times

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What impressed me most was his use of his agility to buy time in the pocket to find an open receiver instead of taking off with the ball...... especially for his age / exp.

He's obviously a mentally and physically tough kid, I just hope he's not physically damaged goods by the time his pro career is waiting.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Like I said, Bridgewater is very ahead of where RG3 was as a sophomore and he was looked at as a very rare prospect. If he continues to develop, he most definitely will be a rare prospect.

Did you watch the game last night btw?

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

yeah he looked very good but this could be a similar case like Carolina choosing Cam over Von Miller, now either pick is fine but honestly it could have gone either way. I think having a shot at the best pass rushing prospect since ????? is too good to pass up unless I see a little more from Teddy that makes him the overall #1 player not just the #1 QB

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

The way I see it, is if you think Teddy Bridgewater by the time he enters the draft is going to be a franchise QB, you pull the trigger. The way this game is played, sadly, who you have at QB is more important than anything else.

I understand that Clowney is the best passrushing prospect in years... But what wins games in the NFL is a great offense led by a great QB.

Now dont get me wrong, I would in no way shape or form complain if we drafted Clowney. I would be bouncing off the walls. This team just needs a real QB. We havent had one, ever... its pretty sad actually. I just want that to change.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

10. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

RG3 took a large jump between sophomore and junior year though. If Bridgewater does the same he get up there, but he isn't there yet.

11. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

Andrew Luck is the only guy in the last five years of drafts I would take over Clowney if he continues the way he's going. Obviously things change a lot in a year but he's as good a prospect as any in a while.

EDIT: I mean this not considering the things that prospects have done in the NFL(that's just not fair). Based on Pre-Draft information only, he's among the best for me.

#71 JackTheFootballGuru, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Everyone getting on that Teddy Bridgewater bandwagon I see after last nights game! I'm telling you guys - I know it's been said before, he's like a Eli Manning / Randall Cunningham hybrid. The way he makes plays out of nothing sometimes reminds me of Eli.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Right now, Bridgewater is better than any QB eligible for 2013's draft.

Bridgewater is no RG3 yet, but he's got all the talent to be the top pick in 2014's draft for a QB needy team. I could see a team taking Bridgewater over Clowney based on need.

Don't anyone say Geno Smith is better, he's not.

Top 4 players of 2014:

Clowney
    Johnny football
    Bridgewater
    Marqise Lee

14. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

Teddy Bridgewater is actually a very good pocket passer, I would love to see this kid get a little more wiggle in him, and by that I mean pull and RG3 and beat teams with his legs as well as his arm

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

That is what makes Bridgewater special, he's a great pocket passer and makes very quick decisions with the football. Bridgewater can get out in space if needed, but he's smart enough to know the great QBs stay in the pocket and don't get hurt.

16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

jeez like i knew jadeveon clowney was a stud, but you guys are talking him up like he is the second coming of reggie white

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

He might even be better, if you follow college football you wouldn't question Clowney's ability.

Clowney is a man among little boys and that's being kind.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Why do you think Johnny Football is the better QB? I think they can both make all of the throws. Is it the idea of Manziel having that duel threat ability? Bridgewater had a far better game against Florida then Manziel. Bridgewater ripped Florida a new one, when's the last time you ever seen someone do that?

I think mentally, this kid has some special intangibles, after hearing his story, I'm sold on this kid.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Because of his race, Im sure he'll be expected to be a scrambler and what not, but he's so much more than that. He is a fantastic pocket passer and mature beyond his years... Sign me up for this kid, he is what could change our franchise.

Like WW said, he is. He's on that level of talent. As a freshman he was declared the #1 overall pick in the 2014 draft. If he came out as a freshman he wouldve been a top 3 pick without a doubt. Thats how good he is.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

Id rather Bridgewater at this point. I have questions on Maziel's ability to repeat or come close to this year... I dont really have a doubt that Bridgewater can progress, because he's already shown he can do so.

I would put Bridgewater above Manziel until Johnny Football can prove he wasnt a one year wonder.