New York Jets media silence

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Jan 2, 2013.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's SOJ in how it's being handled. This is above your beloved Rex's paygrade. This is an indictment on how ownership handles sh*t ass backwards. We can only hope that they get a good GM in spite of Woody and Rex.

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Couldn't agree more. Tom Coughlin and Eli are getting a free pass, and that's just the way that they like it.

3. allan1

allan1 Active Member

The Giants have been more lucky than good the past decade or so. Last year they were perhaps the luckiest and worst super bowl winning team in NFL history

The Patriots team that the Jets beat in Foxboro back in the playoffs was an absolute machine and better than the Patriots team that lucked their way to a Super Bowl last season thanks to lee evans and a missed chip shot.

The 2010-11 Patriots had won 8 games in a row and had scored 31 points or more in all 8 of those games...and were coming off a 1st round bye while we played a tough game in Indy. Brady hadn't thrown an INT since before THANKSGIVING that year. He was on something like a 20td 0int run

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

When BB and the Pats are silent about everything there doing a great job. FUCK THE NY MEDIA

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Evidently the only way the Jets Franchise can start to build some credibility is to completely shut down the media access and conduct their business behind the scenes.

Its indeed a welcome change as Woody knows he has to change perceptions around the league of the New York Jets or no GM candidate worth a damn will interview for the job amid constant turmoil.

I rarely give props to the Jets Ownership for the things they do but in this case, Woody has no choice but to shut down the circus for the foreseeable future.

Here's something else to chew on. Perhaps Rex isn't as safe as we've been lead to believe. By ending any and all communiques from Jet HQ, if the new GM decides to go in a different direction, this intervening silence gives Woody cover in that it would appear that the new GM made the HC choice a condition of taking the job.

Good Job Woody! Now don't go fck up the GM selection process.

7. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

This is bizarre.

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

They're all just pissed because they can't spin every comment made by the jets FO into something circus-esque. Mehta can't even get his "anonymous" sources. Hmmmm wonder why.

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

At this point, I wouldn't trust anything Mehta or any of these fools are putting out. We will hear from them when we hear from them. I think this is a good step in the right direction. Possibly even showing what our PR policy will look like for 2013. This is what happens when you mess with the people that give you material to actually write about.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This is exactly right.
    The 'circus' has really been the media. Time to bring down the circus and get the house in order. It's the only move.
    Of course the media will even try to spin silence when it comes to the Jets.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Rex needs to do a John Tororella style interview. The rule says he has to address the media, so Rex should come out and say
    "We sucked this year, we'll be better next year."
    and walk out.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

The New York Jets: The Media Plague

It may have deserved its own thread but it is related to the blackout so meh...

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/1/2/3828046/the-media-plague

Last paragraph says it all...

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Media plague article is perfectly articulated.
    I've been saying that all year. Have never seen such laziness and irresponsibility in covering or analyzing a team.

This should be its own thread..

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Was just reading that myself. It's completely true. You rarely ever see these guys write anything technical or even anything that has a level of analysis that a typical fan would know. it's become like a tabloid. I think the National Enquirer may be better reading than the Jets beat writers. It's horrid.

16. The jets silence is deafening. Now the real "Circus" music is coming to the surface.

17. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

And people thought I was crazy in my last media thread about the New York Jets.

Honestly, do you think Bill Belicheck would have to go through this if he had a bad season?

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Woody's not inept.

If he was inept the Jets would be coming off the kind of decade that teams like the Lions, Browns, Bills, Raiders and Dolphins are coming off of.

Instead they're coming off a very average decade in the NFL and probably the best decade the Jets have had overall since Sonny Werblin owned the team.

Start the debate from the correct point of reference, not some made up point that suits your argument.

Woody is not an elite-caliber owner. There you and I can agree with me maybe taking the position that the jury is still out and you maybe taking the position that it's not.

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

It's honestly so nice to see the media writhe and squirm for a while.

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Exactly, we can agree on that.