Dustin Keller doesnt want to be franchised (lol)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'll happily drive Keller to the airport; good riddance.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The fact that Keller is a big deal for this offense speaks to how bad the offense is. And yes I do think they need him or some reasonable replacement (preferably the replacement cause Keller's become a bit of a soft diva this year) not named Stonehands Cumberland at TE.

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

Really hope we don't bring this piece of shit back.

Someone like Chicago will drastically overpay for him. Peace.

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I'd love for Keller to be back. Not no overzealous money deal but I honestly do think he's been pretty solid since he's drafted.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Keller to Chicago? Fantasy pickup!

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If we don't pay him a terribly high amount of money, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back. He's a good player, but his injury this year should be taken into account.

7. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

i bet he wants to go anywhere else so he can have a better shot than sanchez to do well in the nfl, and if so i don't blame him.

8. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Unfortunately in a year when our offense staggered so much we don't have the luxury of letting our best offensive weapon hit the open market. He was reliable injury wise until this season. We must keep Dustin he is one of our only offensive weapons and I doubt a better upgrade will be available. If we have an opportunity to upgrade the position then obviously you do the research. But to jump down killers throat because of one injury ridden season is uncalled for. He was our best offensive weapon for a few years and the hate is uncalled for.

9. FriendlyDolphin

I hope jets fans don't complain when he's doing great next season on another team. He is average TE in terms in the passing game with horrible playcalling/offensive coaching and complete sorry excuse for QBs. Dude was a dolphin killer in the previous years.

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

we better not tag him. I don't even want him on this team next year.

11. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of him being "average", it's a matter of what his capabilities are. Keller is a one dimensional pass catching wide receiver who is very fragile. There's no doubt he could be productive in certain schemes and packages, but he's not an overall top 5 TE, or even close. Blocking is a huge part of what a good TE does, not only for his blocking capability but to disguise packages that he is set up in. No team is (or should) be worried about the Jets running to the strong side when they see Keller lined up there.

12. 818JET

818JET New Member

how is keller injury prone when this is the first year he's missed games?

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cumberland has done well this year.

He was a developmental prospect who is finally developing.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Cumberland, Reuland and the return of Josh Baker alongside a rookie or veteran TE known more for his blocking will probably be the TE competition in camp next season. We NEED a blocking TE. Enough with this tackle eligible crap.

Good riddance, Dustin. Take your inconsistent hands and please get out. Plus, it's not like we're going to have a passing offense next season again anyways, especially if we're in for one more season with Pickchez.

15. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

damn I didn't know that. That really blows hard but I guess thats our luck

16. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Simple as 2+2 for Jets and Keller...

A< You let him walk and draft a very talented TE and let Cumberland play until he is ripe

B< Sign Keller to the vet min and tell him to suck it up he hasn't played all year and when he did for a couple of games he dropped passes.

Give him that deal and see if he plays it out,if he is same old keller give him a better contract the next season this isn't rocket science for the FO.

17. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

You don't just have whatever options you want. You either Franchise Keller or let him walk. Low end of market for Keller is 5 years 25m.

Landry is going to get a nice deal somewhere else. We won't be able to afford him. Too much work to do on the offensive side of the ball.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why the hell would Keller agree to sign for the vet min?

19. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

let him go.

he's not as bad as some of you are making him out to be..

but he's not this irreplaceable player with crazy potential. he's just an average tight end. we see what he is. yes, he'd do much better with a better qb. but that goes without saying. that has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the power an elite qb has in making his targets look better.

before this season, the main argument for keller was that him and sanchez have chemistry.. safety blanket.. top target.. blah blah. none of that matters now.

what other teams have two real threats at te besides the pats?

20. PuMa

PuMa Banned

He isn't productive enough he has slowly declined from 11' to 12'.