Jets clinch top ten pick in draft...Sanchez doesn't disappoint

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Hard to say at the moment. I want either Te'o or Werner at 8, and I think we should get 1 of those 2 guys.

2. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This times a million. Bray was considered a potential 1st pick talent at one point. The kid is a bit raw, but is the type of Qb they should bring in there.

3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets shouldn't draft a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB. If free agency holds better prospects, then sign a free agent. Wasn't Sanchez the 2nd best QB available when he was drafted? Look how that worked out. If there's no real l franchise QB available, then don't draft a QB!

I hate speculating about the Jet's drafts. They never seem do to what makes the most sense to everyone else and then I start wondering if the Jets knew something that everyone else didn't know. It almost always turns out that the Jets surprise picks do not surprise in performance terms except to the downside.

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Yeah, big with a great arm but the rap on him is inaccurate and stupid. Do we really want another inaccurate guy who makes bad decisions???

5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

im not down with tyler bray

kid needs to be groomed and its not worth it at this point with how much we suck

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If Geno Smith is somehow there at when we pick then the GM HAS to pull the trigger.

If Smith isn't there I would not be opposed to trading down a stocking up the picks.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't understand the hype for Geno. I would rather avoid him

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

That has more to do with the direction the Jets took with Sanchez, rather than Sanchez's talent. Instead of sitting him his first year, letting him learn, study the system, the slow and steady process to development, and then giving him an opportunity to start with consistent tools and game plan, they threw him out there, raw, uneducated, in a scene of ever changing surroundings, and left him to self implode on his own.

9. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Draft to fill a need or best available player?

#89 2insane, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Sanchez is not a baby. You see rookie QBs start all the time.

Stop making excuses.

11. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Agree.

Watch his bowl game performance from the other night, he looked like Sanchez out there. Holds the ball too long. Also, look at his games against good opponents, and he is average at best.

That said, he can make all the throws. But, I'm not sold on him that high in the draft.

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Not all QB's are created equally. Clearly a QB with ONE year of experience past HS is the same as a four year starter.

:up:

13. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Look at RG3..Luck..Wilson.. even someone from his draft class the Lions threw Stafford out there he has done way better.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Best player available to some degree. Outside of cornerback and defensive line, the Jets have needs ALL OVER the team. Just don't draft a kicker! Does it really matter though if they make bad picks AGAIN!

15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Accuracy can be fixed and his mechanics are fine, and from what I have seen, his mechanics look fine.

The kid stays calm in the pocket, has good feet, and can make every throw.

If he can learn the playbook and can read defenses, I dont care if he is retarded.

Watch and see why I want Tyler Bray to be my qb next year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwvGZmotfBI

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I understand your point, but the logical thing was for them to let Sanchez sit for a year or two to learn and develop.

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

If he's not accurate, then he's no good. There are plenty of QBs in college with strong arms who lack accuracy. They don't play in the NFL for a reason. Also, if he's stupid we'll see him throwing into coverage, holding the ball too long, etc.

18. With the rookie wage scale now in place, you can afford to take shots at QB's without having to worry as much about the financial burden should he fail.

Jets need to figure out how to properly develop a QB & they need to solve this franchise's longtime issue at the quarterback position. If they have a clear shot at any QB with a high ceiling..they need to pounce. No matter the circumstances.

Throw qb's against the wall until one sticks!

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

He is 170 pounds soaking wet and is a projected 2nd round pick. There are no WRs or RBs projected to go anywhere in the top 25 picks let alone 8th or 9th.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Bad comparisions. RGIII and Luck were much more highly rated than Sanchez, so was Stafford who has been brutal this year too.

There is nothing wrong in saying the Jets developed SAnchez wrong, because they did. There is nothing wrong saying the Stafford/Sanchez/Freeman draft was a weak QB draft, because it is/was. There is nothing wrong with saying Sanchez sucks now, because he does. All 3 are true.