QB Options Not On Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

No thanks.. Don't need suicide central in New York.

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

omg, there is no way this guy is mentally strong enough to survive in NYC market. Jets would need to put a personal psychologist on their coaching staff fulltime.

===
    Vick also sucks. All these Jets fan thinking of Vick need to wake up. He turns it over like Sanchez & he's always hurt. He's also an idiot of epic proportions. He's another guy who's gonna cluster fuck himself in the NYC media market.

#562 ajax, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do you trust the Jets to take on a struggling QB and revive his career? I mean really?

Yea Vick always has been and always will be a far superior QB to Tebow.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No to Vick, no to Vince Young, no to Alex Smith. BUT I think we end up with Mike Vick

5. NewYorkEveryThing

We are better off drafting a qb in the 3-7 round range like G Mac. We maybe can get a decent free agent. The next good QB draft is 2014. So we can just sign cheap free agents.

We did a disservice drafting sanchez in a QB weak draft. He was drafted higher then Big Ben. We need to wait till there is a Luck type draft. We always make bad choice's when it comes to drafting QB's. That needs to stop. In 2009 we could have signed a qb for a few seasons and waited till a good QB crop came up. What were we thinking bringing in a guy from laid back SoCal who has a bad arm. Yes he does have a bad arm. Who just looks bootleg in general.

6. RevisIsland10

RevisIsland10 Member

Vick please...

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well considering the last Luck draft before Luck was 14 years ago, I would say we should wait until there is a draft with a type like Rivers, Big Ben, and Eli :wink:

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

You don't have to have THE BEST QB in the NFL to win the SB. The 49ers came a couple of plays away from going to the SB last season with Alex Smith. Of course, they are very strong in a lot of areas in addition to QB. You need a good organization above all else and the Jets don't have it right now. Rex has potential to be a great coach and hopefully will continue to learn from his mistakes, but the organization is not good. They make stupid moves like signing Tebow and Favre and letting go good QBs like Pennington.

9. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Jets don't really need a fresh start at QB as in going to the draft.
    But their actually are SOME QB's on FA list come offseason not suggesting any but as I see it here are our options.

Michael Vick
    Matt Flynn
    Jason Campbell
    Drew Stanton
    Matt Moore
    Tarvaris Jackson

if we decided to start cutting at WR that list is full of talent too..

10. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

No one lobbying for Vick has seen him play over the past two years. He is even less accurate than Sanchez.

Vick's only real value as a passer is uncorking deep bombs to burners like Jackson and Maclin. The Jets don't have anyone like that.

11. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Vick sucks...

I REALLY don't want him in NY tbh but I don't see any long term options besides 1-3 year players in the NFL that are overblown with hype.

12. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I'd prefer a guy like Moore or Stanton to Vick. They'd be cheaper, and turn it over less.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'd don't like any of these options.

They all make me want to puke.

14. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Thanks...but no thanks...for Vick!!!

15. PuMa

PuMa Banned

I agree.
    I think Matt Moore kinda fits that description but knowing the jets FO we will roll with Sanchez next year. Rex probably only has one year left to get that offense better. Moore SHOULD be signed if Rex wants a chance to keep his job unless a team lets their starting QB go... which is always better considering almost every teams QB is better then ours.

16. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Same here, Vick had one good year. Other than that he's had turnover and health issues. No thanks.

17. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Just a thought to sign Moore then draft a QB the year or 2 after to ripen up.

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Tell me what Moore and Stanton has done? Career backups over a career starter yeah I can see why u say that.

19. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Oh because let me tell you Sanchez deserves that starting job too. if he was with almost any other team he would be a back up.

20. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Alex Smith is my choice.