Jets are Projected to Draft 9th

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 1968jetsfan, Oct 7, 2012.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well those two guys are some of the best prospects we've seen in a while at the quarterback position.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Just used them because they are the most recent guys. You could throw in Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers etc.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Matt Ryan was the only true sure thing that you named. Cam Newton was looked at as a HUGE risk because he only had one year of success at college and many questioned his accuracy, mentality and if his skills would translate to the NFL. Clearly, we know now that it has. Stafford was a good prospect, but in large part because of his cannon arm. Aaron Rodgers was by no means a sure thing. He was a late 1st draft pick that had one year of success and got to sit behind an all time great.

Coming out of college, Andrew Luck was a better prospect than all of them and RG3 probably close to that. Aaron Rodgers, Newton and Stafford we all never to be seen on Luck's level as a "sure thing", but look at them now.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Honestly the 2015 QB class should be stacked and that's when we should draft one because you should never rush to draft your franchise QB

The new GM needs to realize such

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

So what, we are supposed to not try and address the QB position for the next two and a half years because that QB class is supposedly good? You can not tell what is going to happen in 2 years and no GM is stupid enough to risk their job because a draft class in 3 years looks good at one position. What makes you think that we, the Jets, the franchise with horrible luck, would even be in position to draft one of those QBs?

There may be no Andrew Luck in this class, but year after year there are players like Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Collin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton, Russel Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, ect who arent looked at as prospects on this level, but turn out to be quality QBs.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Personally if we're in the top 15 I'm in favor of trading back, in fact with this years draft I'm in favor of trading back ALOT and gain as many 2nd-4th round picks as possible.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Remember taking Sanchez because he was the only option why gamble on the most important position

I'll wait until the right opportunity and honestly 2015 is the class I'd take a QB

2013- Sanchez
    2014- vet stop gap
    2015- franchise QB

Why rush that's what fucked us up in 2009

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

Its not necessarily rushing. Out of all of the QBs in the next two years, you dont think there will be a single franchise QB??? History begs to differ.

Sanchez wont start for this team next year... If anything, you have it a year advanced.

2012- Sanchez
    2013- vet stop gap
    2014- franchise QB

There may be no Andrew Luck, but Id be willing to bet a lot that theres at least one QB in this class that becomes a quality NFL player. For instance, Mike Glennon has all the tools to become a good NFL QB, even great. He just needs the right coaching around him and maybe some time to develop. Just look at Russel Wilson, Collin Kaepernick and Andy Dalton in the past two years- none were looked at as prospects on the elite level, but look to have a good future in this league.

And btw, what are these supposed great QBs in 2015 that are as sure as sure gets in terms of prospects?

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

That staement makes ZERO sense.

If you've seen Joeckel (Wrong spelling on your part), you've seen Matthews, they're on the same friggin team.

I hate to call out people, but some posters in this draft forum don't have a clue and post such nonsense.

I wish you wouldn't post and waste our time, like half the garbage in the main forum.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

in 2015 I see a ton of QB talent coming out

Marcus Mariota Oregon
    Max Wittek USC
    Johnny Manziel Texas A&M
    Kevin Hogan Stanford

to name 4 all should develop well and prove worthy of 1st round selections

add in potentially Gunner Kiel and thats a deep draft compared to 2013 with many question marks and 2014 with Teddy Bridgewater(not sold), Brett Smith(who knows), Bryn Renner(good but again not elite)

basically I'd rather wait until there's a sure thing even if it meant trading up for a guy

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Well in about 6 hours or so we'll know the Jets pick slot and the Mocks will be flowing heavy. One thing Mocks seldom work in to the equation is the effect of free agency on the draft. It might be kind of fun to include project impact free agents when doing full league mocks. There are only a handful of truly impactful free agents who may be changing teams this off season, maybe 4 or 5 really impactful players that would block a rookie and maybe another 5 or 6 that might lower the need of a drafting team. For example if the Eagles cut Vick a team that needs a QB really bad may sign him as a hold over and push the QB pick to the 2nd or 3rd round as a developmental pick. Just a thought for the draftniks out there :D

12. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

I read earlier in the year that Tyrann Mattheiu is going to declare for this draft. What do yall think about getting him with a 6th or 7th round pick?

13. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I would take a gamble on The Honey Badger..... He has ball hawking skills and could provide for us in the return game

14. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

So do we have the #8 or #9 pick?

15. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Depends on the ARI/SD games. It ranges from 8-10.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I ignored that because my strong tendency to be a dick in situations like that, but you took care of it nicely. :grin:

17. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

San Diego already up 7-0

18. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Who are we rooting for?

19. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

SD, we need them to win in order to ensure we move up one pick.

20. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

San Diego and Arizona