Rex Ryan allegedly says he would welcome firing if Woody doesnt invest in changes.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFL, Dec 28, 2012.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

And at 5'10" I'm the tallest guy in my family, does that make me a giant?

2. The_Darksider

He didn't publish anything that was off the record - that's the whole point.

3. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

No team has as many "unnamed sources" as the Jest. Real tight ship Rex and Mikey T are running. It shows an utter lack of respect. Complete dysfunction.

When was the last time an unnamed source leaked something about NE?

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Regarding Manish, why would Rex tell Manish that his denial is OTR? If you want to dispute a story which you (meaning RR) think is "garbage," you'd tell the reporter NOT to publish your point of view?

Makes no sense and that's why I think Manish is full of shit.

5. HydeSports

HydeSports New Member

So, first time poster here, but it is applicable to the topic. I conducted body language analysis of Ryan's press conference yesterday regarding his wanting 'out'. If you want to check it out, goto hydesports dot com and it's the most recent article. To prevent spamming, I didn't want to post a direct link.

6. Gunther

Gunther Member

The Jets organization is like the pretty bitch who believes she can't do not wrong. The Jets haven't won anything since the year I was born. They are losers and will continue to be losers until they have an owner who is smart enough to stay out of football affairs when he doesn't know football. Blaming coaches and players which the media and cowardly fans love to do will not change the fact that decisions are made at the top and the top is always the cause for a downfall. Employees have nothing to do with a shitty run organization.

7. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

And just who do you think will want to come to the Jets?

I dont think Norv will want to deal with no QB and the circus thats been going on...I think he's had enough of that in SD.

Good luck trying to fix Sanchez:rofl:

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

When was the last time anyone outside of the northeast USA cared about NE? Sanchez could be the QB of this team for 5 more years with the same or worse results and he would have more news coverage than Brady.

NYC market means more BS coverage. You expect intelligent and fair work from those who make a living from pseudo careers like Adam Schein, Ray Lucas, Francona, Manish, etc?

Wife - "honey how was work?"

Schein - "Terrific! I watched football and ate catered food while tweeting about my opinions. Afterwards I grilled Rex and Sanchez while offering my madden level knowledge of football. I really stepped my work ethic up when I was asked to grade the Jets' performance and I slapped the coaching, offense, and special teams wih an F. I never had to leave my chair... I earned my check today, baby."

9. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Exactly. He wanted Sparano. It was his call. Just like putting in Tebow on the 3rd series.

He's a clown. Woody please eat the $6M or whatever he's owed, hire a real football mind at GM, get a serious coach who understands that a HC is responsible for the entire team and end this nightmare.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. Pretty much affirms my gut feeling about this.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

other than the fact we have a massive lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball and a terrible trio of QBs?

if you have a really good QB you look like a great coach (see BB) if you have a terrible QB you nearly always look like a bad coach.

give RR some talent on the O and then we can judge him fairly.

12. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Found this interesting. Worth considering Cimini's report of the comments being made in jest as another reason for Ryan to deny but appearing to be lying when doing so.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Er sorry to disagree since we have not been Champions in the last 4 years which means we have been losers for each & every year of RR reign as our HC. Someday. just someday U will come to the understand that if you do not win the Championship then U R a losing team just like the 30 other teams which do not win the SB :sad;

14. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

What a horrible arguement... So everytime you don't win the superbowl, that team and coach should be labeled losers and be replaced?

Tom Coughlin is a winner then... So if he came to the Jets, the Jets would win the superbowl, yes?

15. A1 Jet Fuel

A1 Jet Fuel New Member

No one talks about Brady because everyone on the team is on the same page. Rex wanted players to be free to speak their minds and that's what he's got. NYC's media market only apmplies the situation.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

if you were an NFL HC would you ever resign? In fact, when does any coach actually resign? It's so rare. Rex shouldn't resign by any means. If Woody fires him so be it, if he doesn't Rex will be back. I'm not opposed to Rex coming back, but at the same time I'm not opposed to a new direction either.

17. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Best fucking post in this thread. Bravo!

Teams have problems like this ALL OVER the league, we're just in the worst market to have any sort of dysfunction. Also, look at other media markets, they fucking SUCK UP their teams through thick and thin. The Lions and Browns have had it worse than us for fucking decades but you wouldn't think so reading anything from the New York media. The New York media basically makes it seem like we're the worst team ever, that we're worse than the fucking 0-16 Lions.

They get away with that shit because A. The New York sports fan is too reactionary and impatient and rather act like an asshole than look at things objectively B. The New York media is nothing more than a glorified tabloid racket.

This team has problems, but some of the shit I've read from people on here is fucked. Nobody on here has any sort of real solutions or even football acumen. Everything here is "FIRE EVERYBODY! LET'S GET VICK! NO LET'S TRADE PICKS AND REVIS FOR KIRK COUSINS! NO LET'S GET MATT FLYNN" and just assume that will fix all our offenses problems, when it's going to take more the a patch or band-aid to fix that.

Rex is undoubtedly the best coach we've had here and he's done a pretty damn good job given the circumstances. I think he knows better than anyone else what he needs to do to get this team going again and that's revamping the offense and getting the right guy in here than can do so. G&P became a failure because we didn't have the personnel to run it well, so I think Rex realizes that the offense will have to adapt to a more modern style of football.

18. The_Darksider

Awesome. Best first post ever.

Can't wait for the paranoid spin from the guys who think this was made up just to cause trouble for the Jets.

19. championjets69

Stop being silly how do I know how Coughlin would do as the NYJ coach since our organization & there organization are like nite is to day? Yes you to have to come to grips with that the FACT in sports is if U do win U R losers that is the plain & simple truth. If you can not accept that then U should make a immediate appointment with a MD that specializes in deprogramming NYJ fans like U that are deluding yourself into believing otherwise :sad:

20. championjets69

No, no, no your are totally missing the point IMHO & that point is that the NYJs have won NOTHING, I will repeat that NOTHING in the last 44 years In fact in there 52 year existence as the NYJs & NYTs they have only won 1 time in those 52 years so they are looked on as losing franchise no worse then any other losing franchise most likely if U lived in a city that has one & read that cities newspapers that cities newspapers would be saying the same things about them :sad: