Rex Ryan allegedly says he would welcome firing if Woody doesnt invest in changes.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFL, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Massena

Massena New Member

Frankly, we can all look forward to the future, cause that's all there is? Who's to blame? Woody, Rex and Tanny. Guess who's staying?

If the owner cleans house, we can move on. If not, expect more of the same. The philosophy of win now, which was two or three seasons ago, has caught up with this team and management has no plan on how to fix that. Change management, every single piece of it and rebuild in a sensible way under a real head coach, maybe one who can be trusted to buy the groceries . No short cuts.

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

Rex came out and said that this is all lies fellas. I still think that Woody should stop wiping his ass with hundred dollar bills and spend some money on the team.

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

I don't understand what your trying to say here. Schotty was a gonner no matter what, do you think that Sparano was the best OC in the offseason? No and neither did they, but he fit their budget.

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

So because Rex would never admit to it you believe the anonymous source? So basically any anonymous source can say something bad about a player or coach and you will believe it because that player or coach would never admit to it? Don't you see the problem in that?

These anonymous quotes sound nothing like what Rex Ryan would say, and if Rex and sources close to Rex deny he ever said that I am going to believe it. Have this anonymous source put his name out there and maybe it'll seem more credible.

5. Elijah

Elijah New Member

I hope Rex gets fired. He's not the problem in New York. Maybe he neglects the offense a bit, but I bet things would be different with a better roster and better coordinators. Firing Rex would be great news for non-Jets AFCE fans everywhere.

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Right, because the anonymous sources haven't been right on every time. Being afraid to put a name on a quote isn't anything new for this franchise.

Again, I'm willing to believe it was taken out of context, but it doesn't change my opinion of Rex as a weak leader.

7. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Unnamed sources "nuf said"

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

The huge problem I have with this is that Rex has had a ton of control, over both the defense and the offense. Now he is trying to place all of the blame on Tanny to save himself.

On twitter, Brian Bassett had a few good statements about Rex's influence on the offense-

1) Rex insisted on a Ground and Pound offense. HE INSISTED ON IT.
    2) Rex was GAGA about getting Sanchez and then proceeded to let him not earn NOR JUSTIFY keeping his starting job almost for four years.
    3) Rex made sure to get pushover OC this past offseason -- was integral in hiring Sparano and said this was "finally" team he wanted @ camp
    4) Rex personally chose the team's fullback 2 yrs ago who is now no longer on the roster.
    5) Rex not allowed team to use Tebow in a manner that would be most advantageous to Tebow -- counter to his "use player's strengths" mantra
    6) Remember story about Rex begging Tanny for Holmes? Rex was BIGGEST REASON team went to get Holmes -- and then likely kept him around.
    7) Rex reportedly told Tanny to "go get that sonuvabitch" in regards to Tim Tebow. HE AGREED TO THE DEAL.
    8) Rex Ryan has DOGGEDLY refused to allow Powell to take more reps than Greene despite the obvious proof that Powell is playing better

https://twitter.com/Brian_Bassett

So to say the least, Rex has had a ton of influence on the offense and has tried to create the offense in his image. What makes any of you think he will be able to successfully do it in the future? I dont really have faith in him... What's his ideal scenario? Signing Mike Vick?

He's most definitely not the the solution.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rex is refuting and denying these quotes. Rex has not refuted the speculation that Sporano will be fired very soon.

Woody has not refuted the notion that Tannenbaum will be fired very soon.

My guess is that Manish Mehta is trying to get respect from Rich Cimini or something by portraying the Jets to be a circus.

I would be very surprised if this comes out to be true. It would be extremely out of character for Rex to say. He comes from a prideful family, he wouldn't even be saying nonsense like 'fire me'.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I just heard Manish being interviewed on the NFL Network, he answered everything with "I believe"

Nothing he said was based on talking with Rex or the Owner. He also said we will see after Monday what happens, any of us could have come up with the same conclusion.

11. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

typical Manish fabrication and contortion. The Post and Rex have already called bullshit.

12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Ok, so let's say this is a simple matter of Rex crying to someone and saying "wow, this offense has been terrible, I mean, Woody may as well fire me if he's not gonna get some real help in here". Ok, so he didn't get all bravado and throw people under the bus.

Does this not still make any of you Rex-lovers worry about him as a leader? I mean, grow a f*cking pair and walk in there, tell Woody what you want, and see to it that it gets done.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I hope, for once, Rex calls him out by name, and says the story is complete bullshit. If Mehta fabricates shit, call him on it and wreck his credibility.

14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Yeah because, you know, Rex and Woody NEVER talk with each other at all.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's not Rex's style. I don't think he has ever called anybody out by name for anything. He has made comments now and then that let you read between the lines. That's about as far as it has gone.

16. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I love how this turned into the headline "Rex wants out!" on NFL Network. The media is terrible.

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Rex would be a HC somewhere else quickly if he were to get fired.

18. Yeah...The jets certainly dug their own grave this year but the media is about as bad as they have ever been.

19. weflyhigh

weflyhigh Member

the NFL salary cap is too crippling on franchises that made bad decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You may be right, but I'm not so sure. Right now, I think he carries the stigma of being a circus ringleader. Not sure an organization would want to bring that in immediately.

I think teams would fight over him to make him their DC. I think it may take a few years before somebody hires him as a HC again.