Rex Ryan allegedly says he would welcome firing if Woody doesnt invest in changes.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFL, Dec 28, 2012.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Bold move, I like it.

3. Ted

Ted Member

Is the media really not smart enough to realize that of course Rex is better off getting fired? Not only does he get paid but the way next year is shaping up, he would only lessen his value to another team.

I find it hard to believe that Rex is calling out Woody to spend the money to build the offense and hire a new OC when Rex is at at least partially culpable for that mess.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Right now I don't think anyone or anything is off limits to Woody. I'm sure within the next few weeks heads will roll, how far up remains to be seen.

Rex's talk smacks of "this mess isn't my fault...", which to a point it is. But I believe other folks on the CS and FO have to take the lions share of the blame here.

5. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Rex was obliviously trying to get fired for weeks. I've been sayin this... and the media hinted at it. He is a time bomb of failure blowing himself up. Woody did nothing, I'm done with this team. Stop being fools and calling for this loser to comeback, he is gone come monday.

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'm being dumb here but what, within reason, can Woody do to "invest" in the offense?

Outside of firing Sparano's fist-pumping ass, surely any offensive make over starts and ends with the 2013 Draft.

7. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

JTJ,

Thats exactly what I was thinking, either its a great move or it blows up in his face. The bottom line is Rex is right, shit can Tony, Tanny and bring in some real people to run this team. Dump Mark off at the local train station with a one way ticket and let the 2013 season begin.

8. jetiron

jetiron New Member

Precisely. Reading Rex comment suggests he believes he wasn't at fault and now Woody should make amends and put up the dough to revamp the team, which is again Rex being delusional about his own contributions to the mess. And is Rex thinking the Jets need to eat some of the contracts? - notably Sanchez, Holmes, etc.. so which ones? and the team still needs to work within cap space so even if Woody okays spending more, it won't be easy.

9. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Same old Rex. Why don't you take responsibility and resign instead of blaming and threatening others. What do expect Woody replace everyone except you? I can't stand Rex I wish Woody would fire him.

10. XX2

XX2 New Member

I think he's passing the buck. Or at least trying to.

11. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

I don't get it didn't Rex say before the season started this is the best team he has ever coached.

12. Highbridge

Highbridge Member

Woody is another meddling owner who should let management run the operation.
    It's obvious that Woody is the only one who wanted Tebow. The coaching staff tried to acquiesce to Woody's wishes at the expense of sound football logic. it's obvious that in the past few weeks Rex has decided to buck Woody. We even won a game because of McElroy.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well it seems like Rex is trying to push this franchise forward with or without himself being there so I appreciate that.

14. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

We're maxed out on cap space, where does expect the money to go?

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

why not just resign? but i'm sure with the super bowl coming to nj in 2014, woody is gonna pull out all the stops to make sure this team is gonna compete. so rex will get his wish.

16. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I wonder if maybe we were wrong about Rex, and this is all Woody and Tannenbaum's mess? If that's the case what a shit deal. Maybe with Woody owning the team and Tannenbaum running it we will never win. Maybe Woody is looking for a way to move the team to LA, and if we are bad enough and do poorly in attendance it will work.

#16 Jets1035, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Cap space isn't influenced by OC salaries and GM salaries

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What the fuck is he talking about?

"The Daily News has learned that Ryan, the swashbuckling point man who dominated the headlines for the past four seasons, has intimated to “anyone who will listen” that he would be better off getting fired if Johnson isn’t willing to rectify player personnel and coaching issues on offense, according to sources."

Isn't his job to handle the offense? Didn't he assist with selecting Sparano? Wasn't Coples his first round pick?

I think he just asked to be fired...

19. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Give me a fucking break, Rex. This is the team that YOU wanted. You're the HEAD COACH. The HEAD COACH has a HUGE say in all moves. Give me a fucking break.

The more and more this buffoon speaks, the more and more it proves that he should be fired.

20. tubby

tubby Active Member

What does Coples have anything to do with this?