Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Hoge was a lot worse to Vince Young.

2. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Clearly you haven't heard guys like Bomani Jones, Stephen A. Smith, Kordell Stewart, Warren Moon, and yes, Rob Parker, delve deeply into why they don't like Tebow. Oh, they hate him, phaytal, same as you, but their hate isn't for entirely the same reasons, and yes, it has a very decided racial tinge to it. Oh sure, Stephen A. Smith talks about how he believes Tebow "can't throw", but I have heard him, Stewart and Parker all say (on First Take), when given the opportunity, that the biggest problem they have with Tebow is they think he got opportunities in the NFL that black QB's with the same college accomplishments didn't get. Simple as that, out of their own mouths. Have heard similar things from Bomani Jones and Warren Moon.

Believe what you want, they've told us why they really, deep down, do not like Tebow, and it is racially motivated.

3. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Sorry, I don't believe that is accurate. I watched a lot of those clips back then with Hoge talking about Young, and I watched some of them again recently, and Hoge did not always dislike Vince Young with nearly the same intensely personal, white-hot hate that he has displayed pretty much throughout for Tebow, except for a very short period of time late in the 2011 season when he basically raised the white flag because he didn't want to be the last Tebow hater holdout in the media to look stupid while Tebow was leading the Broncos to the playoffs. Especially after all the proclamations Hoge had made about things that Tebow would NOT do in the NFL, that he promptly did in the 2011 season, proving Hoge wrong week after week after week.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...he-boots-to-Vince-Young-while-?urn=nfl,109576

5. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

6. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Flashback to one of the other so called leaks. T-Rex has been at it all season, the likely cause is woody forcing Tebow on them.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

No.

You have this misconception that Tebow fans are in love with "Tebow the person". I couldn't care less about him being righteous, religious, a "good ol boy", etc... Most athletes are not like that and it doesn't restrict me from being a fan of someone. Everyone is human, has emotions, and makes mistakes. As long as he's not out there beating women, killing people, stealing cars and the like, I don't really care if he or any other athlete for that matter, is squeaky clean.

Because a guy might have said he doesn't want to run the WC for a coach and team that quit on him doesn't mean that he is an "asshole". I don't know if it was the right thing to do, as I don't have all the facts or context. But it doesn't upset me.

You must be a perfect person to levy such an indictment on another person in lieu of all the facts. If you look at the totality of Tebow as an individual, with what he does for kids with the W15H foundation and other charities, I would say he does a lot of good out there. In your eyes, I guess this one slip up makes him a bad guy. Anyways, I don't really care about it, which is why I didn't answer. You were being irrational and judgmental. It didn't really warrant a response.

8. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I never said Hoge was in love with VY, I just said he didn't always hate him with the same white-hot, personal hate that he has always bestowed upon Tebow, except for that very short period during the playoffs last season. I would also point out that a lot of Hoge's ridicule of VY had to do with off the field character issues, some of which are pointed out in the link you posted.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Oh so he did what Tebow is unwilling to do. And in a short amount of time. He just needs a chance though right?

10. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

You don't know why Cam left Florida, do you? He possessed a stolen laptop computer. When cops went to investigate, he through the laptop out of window but still got caught. That news reporter is a tool.

#230 _Jet_, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  11. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol what does that have to do with my post?

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Hate is a strong word. Saying he is strongly critical of Tebow is better set of words to critque Hoge.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

I don't think anyone should be given anything. My problem with the whole situation is the apparently Tebow was led to believe that he was #2 on the depth chart, and was never told at any point the Greg had passed him. I would think that if he know that he had dropped on the depth chart he would have asked out of some of the wildcat/special teams duties earlier in order to focus on getting back in the hunt for the #2.

At the place that I work there is a top producer bonus, a significant amount of money is given to the person who produces the highest$$ design plans for the year. If I know I am way above everyone else I will volunteer to do duties that produce less$$ or no $$ even though they might be outside of my usual duties as an engineer(call customers quality control etc.), but if I am in the hunt and it is close I would be less willing to take those assignments as they would take time I could be producing design plans. If my boss told me I was way out front so I took those assignments and when bonus time came around I wasn't the leader I would be pretty pissed and would probably tell him to find someone else to do those jobs going forward. I would still do my job, but anything above and beyond would be kaput for at least a while until fences could be mended

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I need to stop?! Instead of mindlessly passing off Bomani's opinion as fact, I asked if it was accurate to check it. Next time, I'll stop and mindlessly pass off inaccurate opinions, would that be better?

15. catfish

catfish New Member

for the record I didn't take your post as anything other than a legitimate question as to the validity of the report. I responded in kind. I didn't feel your post was rude or disrespectful in any way. I think you are one of the more levelheaded guys on the forum

16. JFjets

JFjets New Member

You use what words you want, I'll use what I want. To me, it is plainly obvious that Hoge hates Tebow.

17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Link/video/source/transcript?

18. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

So he's just like every other self-centered athlete, thanks for clarifying. The point is that the only reason why he was supposed to be worth the media circus that he causes was because of his "persona".

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The whole running in a TD on a broken leg thing in high school and then

He won't win a Heisman ( are you crazy? This isn't high school)
    He wont win a and championship
    He won't be drafted before the 4th
    He won't play QB,
    He wont start at QB
    Denver won't wn with him at QB
    He wont have anymore comebacks
    Denver will not win division
    He will get crushed by Steelers

Face it the anti Tebow detractors have as much to do with his popularity as his " persona" whatever that means since he actually helps build hospitals for sick kids but I digress ...

20. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member