Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

I don't deny that he is a work in progress that has his good and bad days. Right now his bad days don't come anywhere near the rest of the QB staff here. My stand is that Rex and Tanny did not know how to play him. The Wildcat BS was just that BS. Wildcat wasn't his forte at either U of F or Denver. Let me be a head coach for a minute. If I had designed some "Secret" plays I surely wouldn't have broadcast said fact all over the airways as Rex did. If I had developed the same wildcat plays for Mark and Greg then told the rest of the world, would you have seen a different result? I think not.

If you have any doubts that Tebow cannot play in the NFL or in an under center pocket position please go back and watch the 2010 Houston Denver game. He played both under center and shotgun. The complete game is available on the web. Yes there were interceptions and busted plays but there was also some beautiful passing and Denver did win the game. His first performance as an NFL starter was far and above GMacs first NFL start. As much as the detractors hate to admit, Tim still has a winning record of NFL starts.

2. Itsjustme

Itsjustme Member

No
    No.

Shut up and play if his number is called.

3. catfish

catfish New Member

as far as Cam Newton being the best QB on the gators after Tebow won the heisman, that was when I was at UF. I never heard that. I went to all the orange and blue games during that time and when Cam was on the field it looked like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. His time at JUCO did him a huge favor, but I can honestly say that this is the first time I ever heard such a report about Cam being better than Tebow while they were both at UF.

article confirming what I saw

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2012/1...ewton-outperform-florida-gators-practice-2008

Bomani Jones has been issueing hit pieces on Tebow for 2 full years now. I put about as much credence in his reports as a would one by Merril Hoge or Skip Bayless.

I'll go with what Schefter had to report on the situation, told the coaches tuesday he was dissapointed with how he was being used. Went in on Friday and said he was will to play wherever he was needed

#203 catfish, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good plie on. This is what Rex Ryan said about Tebow not being in the wild cat. it was Rex's decision

"He was disappointed, there was no question he was disappointed he was not named the starter but with that being said I'm not going to get into private conversations I've had with players," Ryan said on a conference call this afternoon. "But it was my decision to put Jeremy (Kerley) in the Wildcat.

"I believe if Tim's number was called, he would have went in and played. That's pretty much it."

full article here:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/12/tim_tebow_disappointed_by_bein.html

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Another fake controlled leak from t-rex and friends to discredit Tebow and save their hides. They are running an all out propaganda campaign against Tebow at this point. Congrads Tim, they brought you in to be the fall guy for the Sanchez bust even though they wouldnt let you play.

6. catfish

catfish New Member

the leaks coming are a problem that needs to be fixed. letting players speak to the media is one thing, but the only ones who could have leaked this have to be on the coaching staff. Who else would know what the conversation between Rex and Tebow entailed, Rex needs to put his staff on a leash. Assuming he doesn't want these leaks of course

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's fiction. Cam Newton looked horrible at UF. I didn't think we'd ever replace Tebow. Newton went off and did some serious work on his mechanics, and obviously had the talent as well.

But John Brantly (Gatorade player of the year in high school) was recruited by Meyer while Newton was still on the team, and was placed ahead of Newton on the depth chart.

He also left because, after the laptop theft incident, he cheated on an important test by switching his paper with another student's. That student was not in on it -- he was going to screw a total stranger. The worst kind of cheating.

He was driven out.

#207 Bannon, Dec 24, 2012
  8. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

9. VanderbiltJets

You clearly didn't read my post because I said nothing about the Jets' record. But at least you concur that Tebow's a dick.

10. VanderbiltJets

No he wasn't you're wrong. Get your facts right.

Even if he was every major American sport allows any team to do as they see fit with any player under contract so long as it does not violate the CBA. Otherwise how would teams discipline players for breaking team rules or conduct detrimental to the team. Tebow=Demarcus Cousins.

11. june19

june19 Active Member

good for tebow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. VanderbiltJets

Finally some common sense.

13. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

Stupidest post ever. Cam Newton couldn't throw worth a crap at UF. I've been a Gator fan since birth, you don't know shit. Newton sucked while at UF but when he left he worked on his craft in JUCO and came to Auburn a much improved player. You need to stop. Really. Stop.

14. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

God. Other than Tebow dressed up but didn't play, the only fact we know is multiple anonymous Jets sources are feeding media to manipulate public opinions. After all, this is a media business, isn't it? What did Rex Ryan say about this kind of anonymous source? Coward. That's right, this is coward.

I don't know what exactly happened. Hypothetically it could be a very short conversation like this:

(Discussion begins)
    Ryan: Greg will start the next game. Mark is the #2.
    Tebow: ...........What?
    Ryan: What role do you want to play in the future?
    Tebow: I want to be a QB. I don't want to be inserted sparkly as a situational player.
    Ryan: Fine.
    (End of discussion)

What happened next:
    - Immediately after Tuesday meeting, anonymous sources started to feed media rumors like 'it's certain Tebow will play for Jaguar.'.
    - Kerley took over the wildcat package practice since then as 'coach's decision'.
    - Immediately after the game, anonymous Jets sources feed the media 'Tebow asked not to play'.

Tebow will be gone, but toxic chemical will stay. Jets fans, good luck with those anonymous Jets sources.

#214 _Jet_, Dec 24, 2012
  15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Remember, Tebow is the backup quarterback, not the starting quarterback. No matter who the starter is, apparently.

It flies in the face of what Tebow is supposed to be, but you can understand him being frustrated. If the Jets did give him a pitch that he'd have a chance to play, and then don't play him at all late in the season even when the current quarterback is playing horribly, I understand why he'd be frustrated.

However, how come every other player has to earn playing time but Tebow doesn't? By all accounts, Tebow is an atrocious player in practice. For the Jets not to play him at all, I would think that has to be true. And he hasn't done anything during a game where it's like, "Man, we need more Tebow!" Sure, he hasn't been asked much to be a legitimate quarterback, but why do the Jets owe him that?

16. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Tebow not being able to play the position he wants is what killed his career. blame blame blame blame is all you tebots do. Its the coaching, its the play calling, its the offense, its the media, its the FO. Do you ever stop and listen to yourself for even one minute?

You blame every single person in the world except the GUY THATS IN CHARGE OF HIS OWN FATE.

You know he sucks in practice, and you say well he's not a practice player, just let him on the field and he will be awesome. Funny, nobody whose job is on the line thinks so. Denver got rid of him, the Jets got saddled with him now it looks like he will be either out of football or in Jax - good luck there. they make the Jets look like the fucking Patriots.

17. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Bomani Jones may hate Tebow more than even Hoge hates him. Although with Jones, I expect that a large part of his hate for Tebow has to do with racial issues, while Hoge just flat out hates the guy as a person.

Yep.

18. phaytal

phaytal New Member

A black analyst doesn't like Tim Tebow. He's clearly a racist.

:lol:

19. VanderbiltJets

Why must an analyst "hate" a player (or even have a personal opinion about that player) to speak negatively about him?

As for the "racial issues" you must be joking.

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Rob Parker?