Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

I think Tebow's seen what a dysfunctional mess this team is from the inside, and he's hitting the exit door before the Jets ruin his career like they did Sanchez's. In the meantime, I expect the Jets to remain the sort of second-rate organization that's an insult to second-rate organizations everywhere. They'll just have to figure out a way to remain laughingstocks without Tebow.. but that should be easy enough for the Jets- they've been laughingstocks for most of the last 40 years.

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

So what u people taking up for Tebow is saying? Since Andy Reid looks like he will be fired he should just give up and not care? Same for Norv Turner? Same for Sanchez? The same for any player or coach where he maybe gone after the season? Hell Holmes had a right to quit on the Jets last season because they wasn't throwing him the ball. That all bullshit and if your collecting a check it ur JOB to play ur role and shut the fuck up.

3. Satire?

Satire? Guest

[​IMG]

old, but funny.

4. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

I could care less what Tebow does anymore, he is gone. But this is dead on. Millions of dollars, get your ass in there for Sparno crap play and hand it off to Greene. Or give the money back. There shouldn't be any quit from anyone.

But out of this, what I do care about...more freaking drama... Im sick of Mr Anonymous. I hope he gets cut.

5. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Stupid people hate Tebow for this reason: they believe he isn't good but still gets TOO MUCH coverage by the media. But how is it Tebow's fault?

READ THIS - THERE IS REALLY NO REASON TO HATE ON TEBOW, HE IN NO WAY HURT THIS TEAM OR ANYONE (besides the Steelers last season)!

From a non-football perspective this was a GREAT MOVE by Tebow.

At some point in your life you realize that doing the nice/right thing doesn't get you where you want to go. 99% way not to get far in the "real world". People realize they can get away with certain things and take you as a fool. Tebow stood up for himself and it was a respectable move.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

What funny Tebow so fucking stupid he acts like he a great player and can do this type shit. Good luck in CFL Tebow. Lol

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, you referring to someone else as "so fucking stupid" ??????

There's something awfully funny about that for some reason :)

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

This is what I don't get? What did the Jets promise him? How do they owe a BACKUP anything?

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

We don't know the whole story, but if he really mutinied, if you are Jacksonville and Khan, why should you sign him, why should he be the leader of your team?

I think there is more to this story.

11. Satire?

Satire? Guest

She's unhappy about a sex toy? I guess nothing compares to the real thing. I mean the car.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

If it's not true then of course the reporter should be fired for relying on an anonymous source that was not telling the truth, or for just lying (if you use anonymous hearsay that turns out to be untrue, to me that's exactly the same as lying about it yourself).

If it is true then he can go screw himself. The one thing I have not understood at all this entire season was the idea that the Jets somehow owed him something and mistreated him. I really thought only Skip Bayless was clueless enough to believe that, but I guess not. The only thing the Jets owed him was a paycheck; beyond that they had every right to play him as much or as little as they wanted. That's true for every player in the NFL, including him.

#132 statjeff22, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He ain't a virgin anymore.

The Jets fucked him.

14. Colintes

Colintes New Member

are you really comparing the throwing ability of a slot reciever drafted in the 7th round to that of a QB who was drafted in the 1st round? You lose your argument right there. I mean, yeah sure Kerley under threw him but it was still a sick play.

15. sassquash

sassquash Member

Honestly, did he really have to ask?

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If true then he's a douche.

17. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'm no great Tebow fan, but you are joking right? The guy never got a chance to play. He got something like 75 snaps, almost all one at a time. What do you think dirty Sanchez's stats would have been if he was inserted randomly for 1 or 2 plays per half?

No doubt there's a lot you don't understand. Nobody knows for sure what was promised or not, but based on what we know about Mike T. and what we have seen with other players (during Hard Knocks and elsewhere), intelligent people would be stunned if Mike T. did make some sort of promises to Tebow about getting a chance to start if Sanchez shit the bed.

That being said, the article said he asked not to be used on the wildcat, not that he refused to play in the wildcat.

#137 Frenbar, Dec 24, 2012
  18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Looks like the NY media is now all over it, Me-Bow.

19. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

I reiterate, what part of requesting as opposed to demanding does this forum not understand? If people are going to believe this writeup, at least have the courtesy to read it correctly and then comprehend what was just read.

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Gerald Alexander said it best, he had his opportunity in Training Camp AND in the Preseason to become the starting QB and didn't perform.

You never give the perception that you quit, ever, even if you requested it.

NY does not tolerate quitters.

#140 Diddy, Dec 24, 2012