Norv Turner Is Open To Being Jets OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

They are NOT true Jets fans! They are bandwagons which started to show up after Parcells was coach. I personally can do without those clowns.

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Voice of reason. With all the shit QB play we've gotten, we could still go 8-8.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Dude most of us weren't even alive during all the years you guys always talk about, either that or we were to young to even give a shit about it. I didn't become a Jet fan until 96 i was 10 years old,

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not really. The offense has struggled between a match of lack of imagination, and injury.

The only interesting thing to see this week, is if McElroy solves the lack of imagination part.

Neither result, bodes well for Sparano.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So then, STFU, and learn. :wink:

J/k bro, but if you weren't here for Kotite..you have not felt real pain, in fact...,you are spoiled.

6. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Jimmy Johnson says 1/2 the league will want Norv Turner as OC.

The Jets must call Norv next week as soon as he is fired. Woody needs to fly himself, Rex, and MT out to CA and give him a 3-year deal @ $2 MM per year.

Don't f*** it up, idiots.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

That makes you about 26 yrs old. Old enough to drink. Heavily, which is a good thing if you want to be a Jet fan. :drunk:

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Luckily for us, Norv auditioned right in front of Woody today. Don't be surprised if he already got a deal right after the game :wink:

9. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Norv is not coming here. Why would he want to? This place is a circus. We have no QB and our offense is in shambles. If Rex stays, he will be on the hot seat next season. Not a good situation to be in during your first year with a new team. Norv has plenty of money and doesn't need this nonsense.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Norv might see this as a great oppurtunity to gain credibility again. If he can turn this offense around it would look good on his resume and could land him a head coaching job again in the future

11. PuMa

PuMa Banned

^ A valid point.

but if the money is on the table i wouldnt be surprised if he went for it..

depends on the scenario, which teams go for him and what they offer.

but tbh we need all the money we have invested in the team before anything so as much as i wouldnt mind him coming to NY this offense needs stability first.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Am I the only Jet fan that didn't have an issue with Sparano this year? Mind you I was pissed when we acquired him. The issues I had with the offense was us trying to incorporate the Tebow wildcat; I think that was coming from Rex.

13. PuMa

PuMa Banned

I wasnt impressed with him. only thing he did better then shotty is actually realize when sanchez needed to throw and when he didnt. other then that his wildcat wasnt anything special unless you think 3 - 6 yards will win games.

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

There's one thing I'm very sure of, and it's that Norv Turner will not be our next offensive coordinator.

It just seems too good to be true.

15. PuMa

PuMa Banned

better be putting out revis money and crossing fingers.

16. legler82

That's my thoughts exactly. I don't want to start over again. I seems like we do it every 4-5 years. The lessons we should be learning from these past couple his seasons is that continuity is our friend. I believe we owe Sanchez something like 8 million dollars next year and no GM with half a brain would trade for him. He's not going anywhere. I say the get rid of Tebow, demote Tanny, bring in a veteran QB to compete with Mark and even McElroy for you McElroy lovers out there for the job. Then acquire some offensive talent (think speed, speed and more speed) for once in the draft and off-season.

17. legler82

Unlike during the Schotty era, I rarely had issues with the play calling. In the prior 5-6 years, I would spend half the game screaming about play calls. Most of the issues I saw this year had to do with execution. A missed block here, a dropped pass here, a overthrown ball there, a butt fumble, a penalty and so on and so on. A lot of that had to lack of talent and/or guys pressing . There were no 4 WR all out 2 yard outs or hitches on a 3rd and 3 or reverse with our slowest WR.

18. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Bingo!!! We have a winner.

19. PuMa

PuMa Banned

True, i just wish we had someone who MADE these players execute and call the right plays.. cant ask for the whole cake though.

20. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but I tend to agree.