Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

The Jets made it very clear that Tebow was not in their future plans well before any of that came out. I don't think Tebow has officially said he was asking to leave or be traded. I think he said he hasn't asked to be released/traded "yet".

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'll also take it back.

3. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

He's saving himself for Jacksonville, just like he's saving himself for some 'other things'. :)

Seriously, after all this crap and he's out of here anyway, why should he hand-off the ball to Green? It's dopey and everyone in the building knows the call.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow is doing his job. He is the backup QB.

As far as "caring about McElroy" you have to be kidding me. If McElroy cared about Tebow, as a good teammate should, then I suppose you think he should have said to Rex Ryan, "I think Tebow deserves a shot over me since he was the QB2 all season." This is professional sports, not the Boy Scouts. And if it comes out that Tebow did ask not to play wildcat, then maybe he was looking out for McElroy. I mean, when Tebow went in for Sanchez, the whole season the members here said he was selfish and ruining Sanchez's flow. Now you're pissed that he won't ruin McElroy's flow?

What?

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't think he should have said it. But I'm just thinking it's not some horrible infraction. Wouldn't even be talking about it if it weren't Tebow.

6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

If he was asked, if it was part of a genuine conversation where the coaches wanted to know how he felt about it in light of being demoted to #3, then I suppose -- yes, I don't blame him.

If he started marching up to them and saying he didn't want to do it, then it sort of stinks.

Either way, I'm glad he stood up to them. It makes for good drama, and I think maybe it starts a new chapter. The "aw shucks, gee whiz" Tebow is gone.

7. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

What in the world are they teaching in NY schools these days? Don't any of you clowns know the difference between a request and a demand? Every clown that said he refused to play needs to go back to the 4th grade and start over. The article stated, if true, that he ASKED.

Plain and simple, if you ASK for something, you are making a request. As in any request, you will either be granted or denied your request by the party to which you made said request. In this case it was Rex and so Rex had the final say on this matter. If he told Tim to play the wildcat then Tim would have played it, and conversly if Rex granted him the request to sit out of the wildcat then that was the coaches decision.

No conspiracy people, and more importantly no disobedience as is being implied by the pre 312ers in here. It is becoming quite clear that the disfunctioning virus that has decended upon the Jets organization has been running rampant for many years amongst its fan base.

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

McElroy didn't go out and say he wanted the gig or he could do a better job...he was approached by the Jets brass and told he can start and when Tebow was out with an injury, McElroy got the most of his chance and worked an impression vs the Cards. Its called being at the right place at the right time. Yeah guys are salivating over that possibility of coming in, Tebow was doing it the same for when Sanchez was struggling and Tebow didn't downplay the fans chanting his name today or times before....its because he knows his career really depends on such fan support and how he's become such a figure in professional sports.

The team still ended up using the wildcat and Kerley did it far better than Tebow so that wasn't up for conversation.

I also question Tebow's use on Special Teams....correct me if I am wrong here but did Tebow line up in his usual spot on ST today as the possible fake punt option? I could be wrong there but I thought Tebow did not participate in that.

Sanchez didn't laugh at McElroy for his INT or fumble or showboat to the fans saying "Guess I'm not the only QB who makes these mistakes huh?"....he got right to McElroy and SUPPORTED HIM when Sanchez knows his Jet time might be up and when Sanchez easily has been bashed/sniped far more than Tebow has, even dating back from last year.

Again I just think Tebow is a bit upset with his latest girlfriend breakup that happened around the same timeline and just could not hold his anger or detest anymore with the year he has had. He's human afterall and just like the rest of us, has his anger moments too.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

If this anyone else, they would be getting killed for asking "not to be in the offense". Selfish of him and I hope his scrub ass gets sent off to Jacksonville and rot like the shitty QB he is. /rant

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Logic says if you ask something and get turned down, you then get disgruntled and may not putting 110% into what you are doing and if so, that's obviously not a good thing in a real time game. Coaches didn't take that chance and that's why he wasn't used.....still don't get why he didn't just do his small plays for 2 more weeks and then just leave without any of this controversy to his character rep.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If teams could be fined for lying to players, the Jets would lose their 1st round pic.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This guy is lucky to be in the league considering how ridiculously terrible he is. He should be glad he's in the league, even as a 3rd string. Ask any QB that played in college with equal skill level if they would have a problem being a 3rd string QB in the NFL. I bet they wouldn't have a problem doing it. But I'm supposed to believe the Jets did him a disservice? Freaking Trent Dilfer was a backup the year after winning a Super Bowl, so fuck his 1 playoff win. So my point is who the hell is he to ask NOT to do anything on the field? Like he's good or something. Smh you see the monster you guys created.

13. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

It wouldn't surprise me in order to get him here they promised him he'd be the 2nd string QB. But they didn't tell him they'd never start him and would instead go to the their 3rd string if Sanchez ever got benched. Normally I wouldn't care for a player dictating what he will or won't do but in this case they really f**cked him.

#93 Jon_Snow, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  14. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Wildcat is a very limited gimmick play. The league has figured out how to defend it when defense knows it's coming. You can only make it work when the defense is not expecting it.
    By playing him exclusively as WC QB, the coaching staff has effectively taken away the surprising factor. When Tebow is in, everybody knows what's going to happen next.
    It makes a lot of sense to use a RB or WR as a WC QB because he is in the base formation. A punt protector? Not the case.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Find me where Tebow approached the brass or media and said, "I should start over Mark Sanchez." As far as I know, Tebow supported Sanchez. Everything I heard him say was in support even when Sanchez struggled.

I never heard anything about what your referencing with respect to the taunting or laughing. If that was true it would have been addressed by President Obama, because that is how much air time that would have gotten in the media.

I think you are getting wrong information.

Your outrage is misdirected. Like I said, the Jets have so much for you to complain about and this is what is getting your blood boiling? lol. You're focused on the wrong thing buddy.

16. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

Anybody with a half of brain has to feel for Tim whether you're a fan of his or not. He deserved A LOT better then this and it's ridiculous to think the bill of goods he was sold before the season only to come find out it was all a bunch of bullshit!

And for all those that said that Kerley operated the wild cat better then Tebow, go back and watch the film. Gates was WIDE OPEN on the first wildcat formation and Kerley badly under threw him. The result was more a function of horrible play by their three db's then a good throw by Kerley.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Is this any different than Holmes quitting last season? I don't think so. Fuck Tebow.

18. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Kind of missed the reports last year coming from sources inside the Jets camp saying that the jets were going to trade or release Holmes at the conclusion of the season. Can you point me to them ?

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

More likely they didn't realize Tim couldn't even run the O in practice. My guess is they were shocked with how bad he actually was and couldn't in good conscious let him do anything other than the wildcat which he can't really run.

Tebow was exposed this year.

20. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Sorry, I tend to disagree with your logic. This is professional football, which implies that they display professional behavior and respect for their bosses. This is why I brought up the argument about requesting and demanding.