Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

All the reports I saw Tebow going to ask to be "laid off". If u don't do what you are ask to do then why should they pay u?

2. catfish

catfish New Member

That would line up a bit more with the way I see it going down. People are trying to paint this as some kind of refusal, or mutiny. Realistically though in what way does it benefit the Jets to have Tebow running the wildcat at this time. You know for a fact that

1. it has been pretty pathetic with him running it

2. he wont be here next year.

Why would it be a big deal if he either asked not to be required to do it, or simply said no when given the option. Might as well see if you have someone on the team that can run it next year, good news is it looks much better with Kerley running it. I find it hard to believe that Rex even cared

3. catfish

catfish New Member

he is a back up qb, he did his job today. He didn't also want to be a WR and a TE and a personal protector today. He did his job, just didn't go above and beyond the call.

4. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

He says, she says. Whatever. Anonymous source again.
    Nobody knows for sure what happened. The only fact we know is Ryan says it's a "coach's decision", and reporters use anonymous sources to contradict that. Whatever the truth is, this is a mess.

5. catfish

catfish New Member

I still don't understand why he and Sanchez were active. If they were afraid to play Sanchez he shouldn't have been active, if that isn't the case then Tebow shouldn't have been active.

as to the coach's decision, if a player asks not to be used in certain plays, and the coach agrees it is still the coaches decision. Entirely possible that Rex and Tebow agreed that this is whats best for all parties involved instead of some BS mutiny theory that is being thrown around

6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

This kind of weird crap just pushes Rex one step closer to being fired. When you're the owner, it's hard to make sense of the situation getting this toxic.

Because if he came up and said he wasn't playing, that's a discipline issue (and he shouldn't have been active). And if this leak is wrong (like, if Rex sat down with him and asked his honest preference considering the season is a dumpster fire), then it still looks like a leadership circus from Rex.

I suppose there's still the possibility that the reporter is really, really misreporting what he was told, and no one is to blame. But it's more likely one of the above two scenarios.

7. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

I don't know what the truth is. But I do know I am getting tired of 'anonymous source'.
    Those sports news reporters are acting like a bunch of paparazzi trying to catch upskirt photos when celebrities get off cars.

8. catfish

catfish New Member

take in to account that most likely it is 2nd hand or third hand sources. Noone who was there for the conversation, just people that can confirm that said conversation took place. I am certain it wasn't something that was stated in front of the whole team.

The reporter could be reporting exactly what they were told, Rex could be telling the truth about it being a coaches decision. It smells like something that is not a big deal that is getting blown up

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

If it true Tebow did say that then a coach is not going to play that guy. I believe he did say it by his actions on the sideline. Tebow just looked he didn't want to be there. I have notice this season Tebow is a fraud. He fine until something doesn't go his way. He a fucking cry baby.

10. catfish

catfish New Member

NY media trying to get those last page clicks before Tebow is gone

11. amagiusx

amagiusx New Member

So the article says an "Anonymous source" told them that Tim said this, and when they asked Rex Ryan if it was Tebow did say it, he said "IT WAS MY DECISION", as per the ESPN article. So for everyone jumping on this "what a bad teammate, fuck that guy", you look stupid, read things in their entirety before you open your mouth and look extremely moronic.
    Just pathetic.

#51 amagiusx, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

If you was a real jets fan u would know Rex wouldn't say anything bad to the media about one of his players.

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Hmmm...

Posted on 12/19/12
    [​IMG]

14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If true, this makes Tebow look a lot worse than our organization. Even though their treatment of Tebow has been less than stellar, you're still a player and the coaches still have authority. When you know you're leaving, you don't ask someone to not do your job.

It'd be like me publicly seeking out a different job and asking my employer to not do some of my duties. That doesn't fly in the world outside of football, and it hurts you in the future in regards to the NFL.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Its not true, you mavens are too funny, Diddy the part about you losing respect is funny, you never had any and I am sure he does not care.

get a grip, move on to something else besides the 3rd string QB, this is what has to be posted for news to keep tebow relevant.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

That post was more respect for the Tebow fans. How can anybody respect a guy who acts like Tebow then we find out he doesn't want to play? In my book that a fraud.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

tebow is horrible! one of the worst human beings on the planet and the reason this team sucks donkey balls.Vanderbilt i have seen the light, this stupid losing skid is his fucking fault!

[​IMG]

#57 CowboysFan, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Thanks for clearing that up for us.
    We now got the real scoop this is not true.

19. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol:

What a disaster. Tebow is a cancer, good intentions and all.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

what real scoop? anonymous sources? and did you not say tebow sucked? why would you want him running the wild cat anyway?