Could you ever leave the Jets for another team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 23, 2012.

?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2013.
  1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No

217 vote(s)
    89.7%
  1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

If I could quit the Jets and support another team, I certainly would have done so long before now - this franchise sucks TBH and supporting a consistently crap team is little fun, I would love a bit of glory by association for once (no team in any sport I have ever followed has ever won anything during my lifetime - I think it may be me).

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Maybe if i moved from NY but even then i still don't think I could do it,No I can't that kid who sold his stuff and all that is a fraud. And look the Bengals beat the Steelers to make the playoffs so I hope he regrets it now. It's years like the two AFC championship years that make being a Jet fan worth it. Those two years as a Jet fan were the best ever and when we get to the promised land it is going to be huge for us becuase alot of us weren't alive the last time they won the Superbowl

#62 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  3. genu

genu New Member

I will never root for another football team BUT if they sign vick I will stop rooting for the jets and not pay attention to them anymore until his run with the team is over.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

this is what keeps you going, every team is just that one great QB away from being a contender (except for the Jets who seem cursed never to find one).

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Hell no, and if I did, I gaurentee you id come back to the Jets the moment they start winning.

Im a Jets fan till im dead.

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I've tried to convince myself to like other teams a few times, I could never do it.

7. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

I was the kind of Jets fan who would slip a five (it was money in the late 60s) to the turnstile attendants at Shea Stadium to let me in and stand in the aisles for the whole game in the dead of winter. Then I moved to Miami. There was no Internet and no cable and no satellite radio and no Sunday ticket back then. If you moved away, you couldn't follow the team to the extent that I followed it, meaning go to every home game and watch every away game and read every scrap of paper about the team that I could get my hands on. So I decided to be a fan of the team where I lived, because I could go to games and follow it. It wasn't easy; took a couple of years. But here I am 40 years later, a Fins fan. If I'd moved to Cleveland, I would have become a Browns fan, or a Lions fan if I'd moved to Michigan, because I couldn't live without NFL football. I wouldn't have done it if we had the resources then that we do today.

#67 cdz12250, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If Caleb Schlauderaff comes back I'm finsihed.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

$100,000 and i'd listen. and anyone who says they wouldn't is flat out lying.

although in reality you could pay me all the money in the world and i'd wear another jersey but deep down i'd always be a jets fan and would root for them. lol so whoever paid $500 is a moron.

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

His name is fun to say

But that's about it

11. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

No. That is what separates Jets fans from Tim Tebow fans.

12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

If it was that easy to switch, would I have put up with this shit for 45 years?

13. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Between the Jets, Mets, Knicks, and Islanders I've gone 137 sport seasons without a championship. Luckily about eight years ago I became a Manchester City fan and they won the Premier League last year. It was my first championship celebration since the Mets in 86, and it felt great.

14. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Leave the Jets? Never ever. I do have favorites like the 49ers since I grew up watching Steve young as a kid. But I will never quit on the Jets to jump ship on another team.

15. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

If we leave, do we take half?

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Jets bolt from New York, then since they turned their collective backs on me, then I might root for other team.

As long as that doesn't happen, though - probably not within this millennium.

17. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

Jets, Mets, Knicks and Islanders fan. Saw SBIII, saw tthe Knicks in 70, saw the Mets in 69 and 86, and saw the four SC with the Islanders. Consider myself pretty lucky to have been able to see all that. Couldn't even think of changing, besides I have a son who has inherited the same allegiances as myself. Some are saying it's a form of child abuse.....

18. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Bengals fan is a clown!!

That guy is a loser...tell him to start rooting for the Yankees & Heat also....

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jets, England and Newcastle United, I am at 120ish sport seasons without a championship - a few years ago I started to get into baseball and went with the Detroit Tigers - I couldn't believe when all of a sudden they made it to the world series - I thought "wow, this is great, a team I follow could actually win something" - no, they got whitewashed instead :(

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

FWIW, this guy must feel like a moron right about now.