Jet Vets want Rex Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Endlessly Counting, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Oh no! A bunch of older players in danger of losing their starting jobs to younger guys if we get a head coach who doesn't choose who plays out of sympathy are supporting Rex? Huge shocker!

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I guess U R watching a far different NYJ team then I am. They are already pretty stinky on there way to being plain all pure garbage. I think you ought to take those NYJ blinders off & sit down & see how many IYHO have to go & then U will see we are a truly down cycle at least for a min of the next 5 years but probably longer cause of all the players we need to make us a true contender once more :sad:

#22 championjets69, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

For those who want Rex fired; who would you bring in?

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Rich Kotite

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Much as I like Rex and would like him to continue coaching the Jets, he's made some crucial errors in judgement this year.

The Sparano hiring, failing to integrate Tebow properly, and sticking with Sanchez for far too long. Add those things to the embarrassing games on prime time and it's surprising that Rex's job isn't in play...or is it?

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

are there people out there that actually think rex doesnt have input on the selections in the draft and free agency?

if thats the case thats even more of a reason to part ways with him.

i dont think that as much will go on this offseason as most people think.

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I want Rex back as the DC

8. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Serious question. Has this ever happened... where a HC stays on the same team as a coordinator?

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I really hope Rex is back.

10. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

It would be a mistake to change the entire FO, coaching staff and QB. If that happens, might as well blow up the team and trade what we have (Revis). The best option would be to hope that Rex has learned from this debacle and comes back next year doing whats best for the team, and not worry about hurting his players feelings.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Why do people continue to say things like this? There is no way in hell Rex Ryan would take a demotion with this team. He would rather be a DC elsewhere then stand the embarrassment of a demotion. Man has too much pride

12. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

rex should stay, but tannenbaum has to be gone. 2 god awful offseasons in a row. that shit can't slide.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...and Merry Christmas to all!

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Vets are right..

15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Makes sense...he puts up with garbage play...

16. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Big surprise the players like Rex. This has always been Rex's strong suit. Given the talent pool this year we should have had an even worse record but I credit Rex for getting them to play hard despite the bad circumstances. That being said Rex isn't a great head coach, it takes an entire team to win not just defense to win in the NFL. He has shown he just isn't a good offense mind. That whole ground and pound plays well to the media and blue collar fans but doesn't work well in today's pass friendly game. Is it good to have a running game? Sure it brings balance to the offense but is that all you try to do and do it poorly well then you are left with anemic offense that is the Jets. This team needs to rebuild in a new direction for that reason alone Rex needs to go regardless of what the players think. Penn state players loved Paterno and didn't want to see him go. You can't go by what the players want you have to do what is right for the organization.

#36 Jon_Snow, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  17. ArmandJ

Why the hell should Rex go? If anything Tannenbaum, Sporano, and Sanchez all need to be shown the door before Rex. We don't need to keep hiring and firing coaches every single time something goes bad. That's stupid and moronic beyond reason.

We need to have SOME sense of continuity in our organization.

18. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

T isn't an epic failure, he has made some good pics and we were all singing his praises when the Revis deal got done and he was working his cap magic. Its always about moving to extremes with this fan base.

In a passing league, do you really want to have to try and have a shootout every week? No one thought the Offense would regress this much but imagine if we didn't have 2 or even 1 good corner on this team. The D couldn't have even kept it close this year.

But Champ - This is the same statement you (and a lot of people) make at the end of every coaching regime. Mangini, Edwards, Groh, and it will continue. If Bill Cowher starts on Jan 1st as the Jets HC, after a miserable season or two, this fan base will be running him out of town as well because the fresh draft picks will be aging, vets won't live up to their contracts, the QB failed and a host of other issues.

The Jets (like 75% of other NFL teams) keep missing on a franchise QB and until we hit, this cycle will continue. And no amount of coaching changes or draft picks will ever change until the #1 cog in the wheel is found.

19. ArmandJ

Let's look at it like this:

The guy still has a chance to never have a losing season in his tenure here.

He's taken us to the playoffs and to the AFCCG game 50% of his time here.

He's consistently had a playoff caliber defense since he's been here. He just has a #1 draft pick caliber offense for his last two years here.

Players like playing for him. Yes, it's a small reason, but it helps that the players don't hate playing for the guy and wish that he can leave.

He has a sense of loyalty that is admirable. You can tell he won't throw anyone under the bus, even when graced the opportunity to do so.

In other words, it is my opinion that if he leaves, it will be a HUGE mistake. If for some reason he is fired, Woody Johnson better be prepared to write a blank check to Sean Payton.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I literally was about to post something similar to this.

But, in essence, I agree with you all the way.

What Vets? The ones on the last year of their bloated contracts who won't be around next year because the new coach wouldn't want them on his team?