As a Jets Fan, Where do you want Mark Sanchez in 2013?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 19, 2012.

?

Where Do You Want Mark Sanchez?

1. Starting Quarterback of the New York Jets

13.1%
  2. On the bench, in a back-up role.

40.8%
  3. OFF the roster. (Take the Cap Hit)

46.0%
  1. portfolio1

portfolio1 New Member

I would be focusing on the team, not the QB. On a ground and pound team you need to be able to consistently run the ball including in short yardage and red zone. That means the O line MUST be upgraded and deeper (depth is no longer a luxury in this league). It means you need a good blocking TE with some passs catching skills (but keeping Keller as well). It means you need to upgrade the 3rd down back. If you do all this then even Sanchez will play better. Even more so if you add a reasonably good slot receiver. If you do not do these things it wont matter who is back there unless you want to wait 10 years for the next Luck.

2. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I want him banded from all Jets facilities. Period.

3. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

BRING IN MICHAEL VICK....Already changed the avatar!

4. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

I hate tanny, I keep thinking back to those preseason and early season interviews. Smug, arrogant, attitude. All you small minded media people don't know what your talking about. I don't need to answer your questions or criticisms because we know what were doing, you just sit back and wait. Ok we waited, your secret wildcat was a joke, your Tebow pickup backed fired for all the reasons we said it would, your bad drafts and overpaid old free agents have mortgaged away the Jets future. In short All the chickens have come home to roost. Your so delusional, I bet you still think you're doing a great job.

As far a Sanchez goes, he tried his best I just don't think he's cut out for the pressures of playing for a big market team with high expectations. Early in his career his short comings were masked by a good run game and defense that took the pressure off him. When the training wheels were taken off and he was given the keys to run the offense he just fell short. A more astute coach/front office would have realized this by last year and not signed him to a big contract.

#104 Jon_Snow, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sounds like Sanchez will be out.....

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Smoke screen to cover the leaks on the probable attempt to trade Sanchez. The Jets really aren't clueless enough to bring Sanchez back. It will be very painful to get rid of him but it will be more painful to put a product on the field that fans are biased against from the beginning. On the field includes holding a clipboard and one hit away from being on the field.

You really couldn't have made a worse series of moves than the contract extension followed by the Tebow acquisition. That said, the best way forward is to own up to the mistakes and begin to fix them. Making Sanchez a target next year just makes the Jets a target also. There's no upside in it.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Jets already are a target going into next season. The difference between the Jets and other bad franchises is that the other franchises get pity from the NFL community while the Jets get nothing but disdain. Perhaps all that talking early on caused that but right now, I would imagine that the Jets are the most unattractive franchise in the NFL. Teams know that the Jets are dumping both Tebow and Sanchez so don't expect even a marginal return on either guy.

No matter what happens this offseason, on whole, the Jets will come out losers on the personnel front and in the court of Public opinion which won't make the owner very happy at all. The only issue is how much damage has already been done to the brand.

#108 Cman68, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  9. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Id like to see him succeed with another organization.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, great idea. Let's take $17M hit for Sanchez and add to that another $17M for Vick. This will show everyone how serious Jets are about burying themselves. Add to that changing one turnover machine for another and Vick's constant injury problems & you've got a really winning combo. :metal:

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Spot on. I don't get this support for Vick. Especially considering he is no longer a starting QB. So people want to Vick starter money (as that's the only way he'd come here) and pay for Sanchez no longer play for us by cutting him?

Makes no sense to me.

12. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Why? I mean I'm confident the guy just can't throw the ball accurately in the NFL and will flop everywhere. But IF he was really successful somewhere else it pretty much cements the fact that God just hates the Jets.

13. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

To be fair, the fumble was not Mark's fault. It was a shitty snap, and Powell kicked it away when it was on the ground.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

The "best chance to win" had his hands on the ball. Shitty snap or not, if your QB has hands on the ball, it should not have ended under TEN defenseman.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think I am changing my tune after watching that Chargers game. It is obvious the offense is a lost cause. 11 sack on McElroy because he took 0 chances with crappy line play and WR routes. Sanchez takes the chances which result in interceptions.

My new idea is bring in a FA to compete with Sanchez in training camp and may the best QB win. Hopefully a new offensive system and new weapons can help Sanchez or whoever get the starting gig.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Unless they can get rid of a good portion of the cap hit I want him here as the backup QB.

17. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

Starting QB of the NE Patriots...

18. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

second string qb

no good reason to let him go and ruin the cap for 2013

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Br4 this is the same organization that brought backache horrible offensive lineman this year and gave him a raise,,,,,don't be shocked if they. Bringsanchez and his big price tag back . I think the best thing for mark and the jets would be to part ways,,but that's just me

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

They gave Hunter a raise this year? I don't remember that at all.