Norv Turner Is Open To Being Jets OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'm sick of reading this shit. Everyone, get this through your thick heads: Philip Rivers is fucking HORRIBLE. watch him play Sunday, he shouldn't even be in the NFL after this season. If rivers is on this team next year I'm going to scream until my head explodes and I die.

and stop with the Bradford comparisons too, its like comparing garbage to shit, they both stink. rams made the worst draft choices in the league last year they coulda had RG3 and they blew it so they could stick with Bradford and give him weapons. yea , how's Brian quick working out right now stl? Same with Sanchez , im glad he just imploded this year instead if dragging us along likea bradfird because he will never be an elite qb in the NFL no matter how many weapons we try to give him

#121 74, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Rivers isn't terrible but isn't dynamic either. I'd take him and Norv Turner in a fucking heartbeat though.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I probably said this already, but if I'm Rex, I offer Norv a job during pregame warmups.

During postgame handshakes and all, Rex needs to give Norv a 1000 dollar 'security deposit' handshake and a dinner at a pizza place in New York after New Years.

Woody also needs to make it rain pink slips on Sporano.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Anyone who can't see how quickly rivers has gone from declining to straight up awful
    hasnt watch him play and should shut the hell up

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not my point. I will take anyone over Sanchez right now. Johnny Skelton because his salary is at least appropriate.

6. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

That's fine, Norv can run the dishwasher at Rex's new restaurant. Sorry, but it's time to back up the truck. A really BIG truck. Everyone must go. 90% off.

All Norv does is put us back into a win now mode with a capped out roster that's getting worse. This has recipe for disaster written all over it. Is Rex the head coach or is Norv? Does Rex have any say over the offense? If not, why? I want my HEAD COACH to be involved with everything. Usually the great one's are. Rex needs to get lost. His decision making has been a huge embarrassment all season long, certainly not worthy of a head coach. Even this week with the season on the line, Rex has Tebow come in after Sanchez finally shows a faint pulse. Unreal. He's done that all season long. The man has got to go.

And I was a big supporter of Rex the first two seasons. Not anymore because he doesn't understand half the game. Coddling Mark Sanchez? Are you serious? What great head coach does this?

Philip Rivers? Eh gad, another waste of time.

7. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I remember the Jets were attempting to get Norv Turner before the Chargers resigned him last season for the 2012 season. Now we know that Turner is on his way out, I won't mind seeing Norv be the Jets OC, as long as he's an improvement over Sparano.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have this feeling that if Norv really campaigns for the Jets OC job they'll wind up hiring him as HC instead. It's just a feeling but it makes me nervous.

9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

My dad said the same thing at dinner. We're also afraid that could be a scenario if they are dumping Rex.

10. lakersmetsjets49ers

This is probably sacrilege on this board as of lately but fuck it. If norv turner becomes the offensive coordinator I would give mark Sanchez a chance to EARN the starting job back in an open competition with McElroy and whoever else they bring in. Nothing will be given to him of course but a chance to earn his job back.

Norv turner is a great coordinator and I wanted him last year before the chargers finished on a decent note. I remember him doing a great job with the 90s cowboys, and with the dolphins and in 2006 he did a superb job as the 49ers offensive coordinator. That 06 49ers team was trash and he was able to get a good amount of improvement out of Alex smith in his second year and given Alex smiths struggles post norv pre harbaugh I credit norv for doing a good job with Alex smith early before mike Nolan and mike singletary and the York screwed that team up. With all that said norv turner = a great offensive coordinator and would do a good job with next years team.

11. lakersmetsjets49ers

I doubt this happens. Norv turner isn't going to resurface as a nfl coach in the nfl for a while. He'll need to have a few great seasons as a coordinator before teams even think about hiring him as a head coach. His track record with washngton, Oakland, and San Diego will keep a 4th team from giving him a head coaching job anytime soon

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I agree, I think Norv could help fix him, He knows how to get the most out of a QB. It is what it is though,

13. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

If the Jets drop Rex, they're going to pay through the nose for a flashy replacement like Cowher or Gruden.

Woody is all about the headlines, there's no way he hires Norv Turner.

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Get your head outta your ass

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ditching Rex would be a terrible mistake imo.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Norv is a beast OC but a so so HC

A 100% upgrade over Morano

18. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

I have a feeling were gonna get Reid and Vick as an OC and QB package.

We'd have the heaviest coaching staff in history. That's something.

19. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

I'd take a kid right out of undergrad sports management over Sparano.

I'd take my weed dealer over Sparano.

I'd take anybody who could beat me at madden over Sparano.

My weed dealer beats me at madden every day.

20. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Um, no thanks Norv. We've had enough choking around here. Just look at Turner's playbook:

[​IMG]

:)