Norv Turner Is Open To Being Jets OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

During the game Monday Night they mentioned that now that he's had his knee surgery he would like to be a coordinator again.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Tom Moore would be my first choice but you can't go wrong with Turner either. I would be ecstatic for a proven NFL offensive coach for the first time in as long as I can remember.

3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

That's pretty new. Most of the stuff I read was that he's ready to enjoy the ending years of his life.

I know I'm gonna sound like an ass but can we really overlook his age? If he signs a 2-3 year contract he might not even be alive to see the ending of it. Unless the quote is coming from Moore himself I just can't believe he's interested in a fulltime NFL gig.

4. Bruce Harper

Bruce Harper New Member

He shouldn't be campaigning for a job that isn't open. He simply should have said, "as far as I know, there's no job open there." All of that having been said, we could do much worse.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No shit? I missed that!!!!!!
    I also forgot to hit record so I could do film study...li hate Mon night games.

6. Hobbes3259

Since Charlie Weiss and/or Dan henning.

Mark can play. He's not the problem, and for those that think he is, tell me two things

Who has he been throwing the ball to this year, and how is Sam Bradford doing?

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

So his TERRIBLE decision making is due to him not having receivers and Sam Bradford's bad year. Got ya!

I was a Sanchez believer too man. I said the same things, but it's not about his receivers dropping the ball or not getting seperation. Just tune back to the games and which his turnovers. He has over 4 fumbles, zero ball security, and his interceptions are balls thrown into double, sometimes triple coverage. The guy makes more mental errors than a 3 year old.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mark's done here though Hobbes. Nothing much else he can do here. Jets have to cut their loses and hope for the best. The Jets didn't do right by Mark 100%, but neither did Mark for the Jets. Bradford doesn't throw to anyone either and he's got some pretty bad players on the outside other than Steven Jackson running the football. Danny Amendola is prob better than anyone we have here other than maybe Kerley.

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

From what I understand Rivers vs. Norv is a bad relationship

10. Hobbes3259

If Hill catches the ball, the WIN in NE.

So, yes.

All QB make bad decisions under duress.

The ball has to be out in 3 seconds or so.thats the one area where Sparano has not been better than Schotty.

Fuck, Namath led the league in picks two consecutive years.

In the next....he won a Super Bowl.

Picks is not always an indication of a lack of intuitiveness, it's having more balls than brains....that's coaching.

11. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

Yeah, I agree...if Ryan was the defensive coordinator and the head coach was someone like Jim Harbaugh.

Ryan, like Turner, is a very good mind for his side of the ball. Ryan, like Turner, is overmatched as the head coach. He doesn't know how to oversee the side of the ball he's not versed in, he doesn't know how to create a coherent vision (his best shots were flailing braggadocio with claims that the Jets were going to win the Super Bowl or do things people had never seen before with Tebow).

The head coach, in many ways, is the CEO...the guy who charts a vision for his franchise and then gets together with his coordinators to implement it. Ryan would be good as one of those coordinators, not as the CEO.

12. Hobbes3259

Money.

Jets cannot unload Mark.nor should they.

They need to get a real OC.

Ps.l.Bradford, hands the ball off to a guy named Jackson....(you know, the NFLs active leader in career rushing yards....)

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's not just the interceptions. He overthrows, underthrows, misses wide open receivers, throws into double coverage, etc. The guy just isn't a GOOD quarterback. I always argued for him, but enough is enough. He's had 4 years now, and in each of those 4 years he was in the bottom teir of the NFL, including 2009 and 2010 where he had all the talent he needed.

I will not argue for him anymore. He has shown that he lacks the metal ability that all these good quarterbacks have. He's putting up numbers that match rookies right now. Hell, even the rookies are better than him. That doesn't make him a bad quarterback?

I, personally, think QBR is one of the worst stats known to man, but I like to look at the completion percentage. Look at his completion percentage and look at the drops made by our receivers. It ain't the receivers man. It's his lack of skill

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rex Ryan is an excellent player's coach. Player want to play for Rex, he should be retained as HC of the NY Jets. The defense will be fine, we need someone to fix the offense and bring in stability. Enter Norv as the OC. Norv Turner is not a player's coach and players' tend to not respond to Norv under certain circumstances. Players still love to play for Rex. He hasn't lost the team, he's lost them offensively because he doesn't know enough there. Bring in someone offensively and things should be ok.

I would rather have Mark here as a back-up and compete. The fans don't want him here and apparently according to Joe McKnight, we as fans were part responsible in benching Mark Sanchez. I think Mark Sanchez mentally checked out a long time ago on being the franchise QB of the Jets. There's just no way Mark can survive here, there's a lack of support for him, the bridge is burned and I don't see the Front Office shelling out more money to repair it. Bradford still hasn't enjoyed a break-out season yet either in his 3rd year. I wish I still had belief that he could turn this thing around (Sanchez), I think it's too late though.

15. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Can we please stop with the Sam Bradford comparisons? Bradford has one fewer year in the league then Sanchez.

Bradford - 18 TD - 11 INT - 4 fumbles - 83.3 QB rating
    Sanchez - 13 TD - 17 INT - 12 fumbles - 67.9 QB rating

There is simply NO comparison - and Bradford is hardly a world beater. Anyone who cannot clearly see that Mark Sanchez is a truly terrible football player and the worst multi-year starting QB in Jets history simply has no grip on reality and should be ignored. Sanchez has 3x as many fumbles - with Wayne Hunter blocking, is that on the OC? To call Mark Sanchez pathetic is an insult to all the pathetic people out there. It's over, move on.

16. Hobbes3259

Bradford is 15 points higher, and Sanchez is throwing to Mardy Gilyard. Without Jackson in the backfield.

For two years, under the right conditions, he made big time lays in big time spots...but never got coached up.

You don't have a player problem here.

17. Hobbes3259

One minor point... Completion pct, is married to route depth.

A weakness in the current and former OCs.

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Thank you! If we got AVERAGE QB play out of Sanchez this year, we'd be going to playoffs as WC. Rex has made his share of mistakes, but TANNY's the clown who brought in Tebow, thought that he had a "locker room full of Victor Cruz's" when he looked at fringe guys like Patrick Turner and S. McKnight.

Rex has to coach with the players Tanny puts on roster. Offensive skill talent on this team is bottom 5 in the NFL. That's all on TANNY.

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Unreal. There are still people who are defending Mark Sanchez, and will continue to defend him to their dying breath.

There is nothing to defend about him, nothing.

20. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

For his first two years he was simply a bad QB on a good team. For the last two years he has been far and away the worst starting QB in the NFL.

I suppose you blame his 12 fumbles this year on the receivers too?