As a Jets Fan, Where do you want Mark Sanchez in 2013?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 19, 2012.

?

Where Do You Want Mark Sanchez?

1. Starting Quarterback of the New York Jets

13.1%
  2. On the bench, in a back-up role.

40.8%
  3. OFF the roster. (Take the Cap Hit)

46.0%
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yes, especially if we elect to take the entire hit in 2013, keeping his contract completely off the books for 2014

2. jerseyjay14

mcelroy can improve the position by not leading the NFL in turnovers.

it would take an all-time bad NFL season not to improve at the qb position

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would probably agree with you if I thought the politics started with Rex. But it's far more likely it started with Woody and Tanny.

It's impossible to look at this team and assume all moves are made for purely football reasons. Impossible.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The one thing of value in playing out the schedule when you are out of the playoffs is to get a better idea of who should go and who should stay next year. I'm going to hold off on that kind of discussion, speaking for myself, until the season is over.

Of course I concede when I say better, I mean you may well have a very good idea who should stay and who should go already. But you can't do anything about it now, and might as well wait to see what additional information the next two games brings you.

Having said THAT, we already know Muck and TT need to go. Heh.

5. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

At first I said on the bench of course, we can't take that cap hit.

Then I think of what a sullen Mark Sanchez on the bench will do to this teams morale and I think they have to get him out of town.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Bench. If we have to lose extra money for cutting him then why not make him a backup. He's been terrible but theres much worse backup QBs than Sanchez.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Off the roster.

What the Jets put through Sanchez this year... he's irreparable at this point. Keeping him on as a backup is just setting him up for even more failure. Part ways, give him and the fans what they want. Healthy breakup.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

If he's a Jet I want him in the Pro Bowl...but realistically I want him on the bench....I think he's done in this town...but I would be even more pissed if we ate a 14$ cap hit next year by cutting him...in that case we might as well just keep him on the roster for the year.

9. dr.velociraptor

How about what Sanchez put the Jets through? What about personal accountability? What about his horrible play destroying what was an extraordinary effort by our defense? What about putting Rex and dozens of other jobs in jeopardy who don't have 9 million in guaranteed money coming their way?

Cry me a friggin river for Sanchez, he was given every chance in the world to succeed here.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

11. xxedge72x

What Rex said in his first year might end up being true. If he stays, so does Sanchez. If he goes, so does Sanchez.

Reason being that if you fire Rex then it's likely to accompany a full unadultered rebuilding which starts by purging the cap of ALL bad contracts... so it won't just be Sanchez whose cap hit we're eating, it's going to be a significant portion of the roster. Holmes... goodbye. Hell, we're even going to take a hit for Tebow. I'm sure there will be others.

On the flip side, if Woody decides to keep Rex it's likely because he wants to make a hail mary attempt at winning the Super Bowl via Rex's D the year that it's going to take place in the Meadowlands. No matter how bad Sanchez has become, he knows the system and the team and could step in due to injury and reasonably know what he's doing at least. You can't rebuild in one year so you might push off the purge by a year as well.

12. ArmandJ

Besides, do you really think his teammates respect him anymore? As competitors, you want the best guy on the field to help you win. If he's benched, you think he will be able to come back and learn from his mistakes. Instead, he makes the same one over and over again. People are getting tired of his shit in the organization. He still seems to think there is nothing wrong judging from his interviews.

This might be extreme, but the guy sounds like a sociopath to me. I want him off the team as soon as possible.

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You do realize that this is exactly how this year has started -- great at camp and lights out in the opening again Bills?

"Another year of the same inept shit" -- this is what fans will say.

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Rex has said a lot that isn't true. If Sanchez goes that doesn't mean Rex does. And I don't think the Jets could possibly manage to eat the cap hit from Holmes and Sanchez in one season. That's an incredible amount of money. But if they are prepared to say they are using 2013 as a start fresh developmental year then ok.

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

exactly the reason why tanneybum should be the first one fired.

second reason is wayne hunter's guaranteed contract.

never let a bean-counter run a company. bean-counters led both GM and Chrysler right into bankruptcy.

woody never read the memo. those who never learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.:shit:

16. xxedge72x

Your argument is ridiculous. Half the reason the defense played the way it did is because its the only thing our organization gives a shit about. Since Rex has taken over the ONLY offensive development has been Sanchez himself. Everyone else is either carried over from Mangini OR a value additiion.

They actually made a good move in hooking Sanchez up with Edwards but decided to part ways with him because of character. Now I'm hearing that Vick to the Jets is being entertained... are you fucking kidding me? How's that for caring about character.

Teams that succeed in developing their team and particularly their QB do so by surrounding them with as many weapons as possible and constantly placing their emphasis on building the offense first. This didn't happen with Sanchez. They used a franchise player pick to get him, but they didn't treat him like a franchise player with the way the team was developed.

The JETS blew it with Sanchez. If you think the Jets have a talented offense right now then you need to reevaluate what you know about NFL offenses. More than likely I think its more of the same hater bullshit that Jets fans have become accustomed to.

17. jerseyjay14

if rex and sanchez dont both go next year will be worse then this one.

any time you combine the leagues worst player(sanchez) with a gutless head coach who knows nothing about an entire side of the ball(Rex). the outcome wont be good

18. dr.velociraptor

The offense sucks simply because of Sanchez if Sanchez didn't lead the NFL in turnovers, and finish bottom rung on comp % and rating, this offense would be much better. Our run game is still 10th in the NFL and defense 8th even with a completely ineffective Sanchez, that says a lot. With a middling QB they're probably both top 5 and we're in the playoffs.

Not every QB gets to come up with pro-bowl wide receivers. Sanchez got to come up with a powerhouse run game and defense, most high drafted QBs do not get that privilege at all and would kill for that.

I don't see what the point is, you'll never expect any accountability from Sanchez, always someone else's fault.

19. xxedge72x

Accountability? It goes around. Sanchez is out of a job... that's accountability. Now there are many others who also need to lose their job. The Jets are not a product of Mark Sanchez. You're putting too much on his role in this.

Further, great QBs usually do have great receivers. Is it any wonder now that Vincent Jackson is no longer in SD that Rivers is falling on his face AND Josh Freeman has stepped up his game?

What does Brady do without Welker? Moss? Gronkowski? Surely you're not going to bash their offense since they haven't won a Super Bowl in a while?

Ok let's go further... how about a hot team like the Falcons? Matt Ryan has a below average group to throw to I'm sure... only Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez... I can see how Sanchez should have similar success with Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schilens, and Jeff Cumberland.

Peyton Manning? Spent his entire career with either Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne, and others along the way such as Dallas Clark. This year he has Demarius Thomas... surely Stephen Hill would've played just like Thomas if it were Manning throwing it instead of Sanchez. Because Hill didn't drop several passes that were right in his chest, including one in the endzone.

What about Aaron Rodgers? He's constantly underrated as people will rarely name him THE best QB in the NFL, which he arguably is. He ONLY has Greg Jennings and Donald Driver and Jordy Nelson and Jamarcus Finley to throw to. Absolutely comparable to our group.

How about Drew Brees... he actually left a team for being a bust. He won a Super Bowl with only Marques Colston, Darren Sproles, and a bunch of role players.

What about Ben Roethlisberger? Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown really suck don't they. And Heath Miller has done absolutely nothing to help him either right? Dustin Keller, when healthy, is comparable right?

Eli Manning? I'm sure we'd rather have Kerley and Schilens then Nicks and Cruz.

Yes I know I haven't mentioned Holmes. How many of the aforementioned guys would you take Holmes over given what we've seen these past two seasons. After all, we're holding Mark Sanchez accountable here, it's only fair we include Holmes role in all this?

The Detroit Lions are led by the one QB picked before Sanchez and the best WR in football in Megatron. Surely they'll have a better record than the Sanchez led Jets? Oh wait, they don't.

How about everyones new favorite team, the Texans? Schaub is in many ways what the Jets expected Sanchez to become. I can't understand how Sanchez would have less success with throwing to Kerley and Schilens then Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels.

Yeah... I don't think I need to carry on.

#79 xxedge72x, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  20. ArmandJ

Still no excuse for Sanchez. His receivers are average. He's below average at best. This team should not have been struggling to score 10 points against Tennessee.

All of the quarterbacks you mentioned minus Stafford are excellent franchise quarterbacks. Sanchez is not an excellent quarterback. Most quarterbacks in this league know when to throw the ball away. For some strange reason, I rarely see Sanchez just give up on a play this year. Instead he throws it on the ground, into a lineman's hands, or takes a bad sack and fumbles the ball away.

Coddling behavior like this is the reason why we are where we are. If someone told Sanchez to just deal with it and stop making excuses, maybe he would become a better player. Instead, he's a little boy playing in a professional league.