Norv Turner Is Open To Being Jets OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Then the Jets need to protect themselves. Give Mark an ultimatum. If you want to get traded, your ass better take a major restructure or pay-cut so we can trade you to the proper team. If you want to keep the cash, your ass will stay on the bench. I hate the Bengals, but Mike Brown did an excellent job with Carson Palmer last off-season.

2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

No thanks. Norv Turner is a waste of time for what we need to do next season. It's time to pay the piper on all our crappy draft picks and bloated contracts. Now is the time for a new GM and head coach. Let them figure out the direction of the team. Sanchez apologists who are looking for the quick fix should not be doing that. You either building towards a Super Bowl or you just waste time. Rex Ryan, Norv Turner, and this terrible roster is a waste of time. Time to rebuild. #reality

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Now this I would be fine with. Make him take a pay cut and sit the bench. Sign a better free agent and move on

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan is certainly not a waste of time.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed we have to cut the fat which means we are going to suck next year and we need a new team to head our drafts going forward to rebuild this mess.

6. 101GangGreen101

Are you calling me a Sanchez apologist? Really? Don't be an idiot, Norv knows more about offense than ANY available coordinator out there or anyone in our front office. The new GM should come in and hire Norv to direct the offense, while Rex gets the defense going.

This team is going to suck next season, let's be serious. Let's rebuild the offense for the modern era and get players to fit the scheme. Norv's offense should translate pretty well for the Jets. We like a vertical offense, and Norv brings just that.

7. Darrelle24Revis

Darrelle24Revis Active Member

Just to spice the convo up a bit

By: Matt Ehalt

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- There's no lingering bad blood between Rex Ryan and Norv Turner after the two coaches took jabs at each other's lack of Super Bowl titles last year. "I think Rex and I had a little tongue-in-cheek thing going there. We've seen each other since and laughed about it," Turner said on a conference call Wednesday. "I think Rex knows the respect I have for him. I know the way his teams play. They're extremely physical. They're extremely competitive and extremely well-coached.

8. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Come on down Norv.

9. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Yes, you are a Sanchez apologist. Why the heck would you say bring Norv in here and see if he can salvage him? Obviously you thought very highly of Mark up until, say Monday at 8:30. You must believe it's Sparano's fault that Mark sucks, just like you probably believed it was Schottenheimer's fault, too. All he needs is a good OC and Mark will magically transform into Joe Montana. This is your line of thinking and you aren't ready to give up on Mark.

Sanchez, Rex, and Tanny need to get lost. Time to rebuild.

10. 101GangGreen101

Can you read? Norv coming in here isn't to save Mark Sanchez, he can try if he so chooses to, that's on him. It's to get a new QB in the 2014 draft. Build a new offense around a new QB, but in the meantime get some play-makers so when the new QB does come here the system is in place for him to succeed. I gave up on Mark Sanchez after the Patriots game, that was all I needed to see. I supported him because we "invested" in him and we won with him. Don't kid yourself. I haven't though highly of Mark at all this season. Not sure where you got that from. Learn to comprehend.

This team is going to be bad next season.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Apparently Rex is worried he is gonna get fired according to Cimni , I hope he doesn't . If I were Woody Id give Rex one more year bring in Norv bring in Matt Flynn or someone capable and go from there. I think backed into a corner Rex will find a way to bring us back to greatness again especially without Sanchez.

#71 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  12. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

were in a similar situation as the texans were a few years ago

one side of the ball was consistently performing well while the other was an absolute joke ... the texans kept kubiak because he ran the unit that played well. then they went and got wade phillips, a former head coach who was known for having great units the other side of ball and could run his unit without much direction. turned out to be a great decision

i would love for the jets to do something similar and bring norv in as the oc

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Do you watch football....?

Sanchez lost Holmes,Hill,and Kelller...for large parts or all of the season...the GM got Hill,Wilkerson,Coples, and so on.

The flaw on this team for Sanchezs entire tenure, has been at OC.

You invest in management, then a QB, and then you make it work.(see Giants, Steelers)

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The only guys salivating to work with Mark Sanchez are the guys selling oranges on the side of the road, and they are going to get their chance.

15. 101GangGreen101

He's going to disagree and call you a Sanchez apologist instead :smile:

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The smart thing to do for the Jets would be to try and fix Sanchez if it is possible at all. But honestly i just think Sanchez is to broken to fix he has shown no reason for us to belive there is hope for him being great in the future. Sure you can point to Eli and his first few years and all of that stuff and say theres simalarites but look at the year Eli is having right now. Eli has never been a consistintly great regular season QB. He is good in the playoffs and so is Sanchez. I think everybody is living in the moment about what happend on Monday night and Woody needs to let the fire die out before he makes any decsions that are gonna effect this franchise for the next 5 years.Wait until the guys witch torches and pitchforks leave the gate and then make your call on the future

17. NEJets

NEJets Member

If he doesn't cut down these brainless INTs, no OC can save him. He is just plainly dumb.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Keeping Sanchez makes sense if Norv tags along - I have iterated this many times, and it baffles me to see why this simple fact gets lost.

As anybody with sensible knowledge in any offense will tell you, continuity is very important, especially in the formative early years. What Sanchez had in that period is the Coryell system. Thus, in that regard, you can make sense out of yourself that, maybe the system Sparano wanted to bring didn't fit Sanchez too well. (Sparano is E/P disciple after all.)

So why are things going to be different with Norv? Because he is THE guy who taught Schottenheimer his system; i.e. what Sanchez learned is a watered-down version of Norv's system. Sure, less prolific, less robust with a whole lot of bullshit (thank you, Brian.) but the core philosophy, the basic set up and read progression are basically very similar. Terminology would be a bit different (that's a given) but it won't be something out of extraterrestrial world either.

So, if Jets are intent on salvaging Sanchez, then Norv is the perfect candidate for that task too.

If Norv tags along - then the next step would be to get a real QB coach. (That means you, Cav. Take a hike.)

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are only half right. We do not need a new head coach, screw that. But we definitely need a new GM and a draft savy personnel office.

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

you cant fix something that isnt broke. sanchez isnt broken, he just isnt good.