QB Options Not On Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jcjet

jcjet Member

If Vick becomes the JETS QB than I will not be a fan until he is gone. Not after what he has done.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I said it in another thread, but what the hell. My wife is a HUGE football fan. She will not, under any circumstances watch an Eagles game due to Vick. I will root for the Jets regardless, but having Vick as their QB will actually test me.

As a football fan, he's injury prone and a turnover machine, so bringing him here would be dumb.

On a personal note, my kids are my dogs. My dogs are pitbulls. Because I raised them, my dogs are sweet, loving and docile. I personally hope Vick slips, falls and rolls around in a puddle of AIDS.

I do NOT want him here.

3. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

I'd have a very hard time supporting the Jets with Vick on the team.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Michael Vick would make Woody a laughingstock. He's not going to go get his 4th odd-ball QB in a row (Favre, Sanchez, Tebow...). He's more likely to make a traditional move at this point and stop the bleeding. That would be stopgap QB for next year and possibly the year after, rookie picked next year or the year after. Real development of the most important asset the franchise owns instead of milking it for short-term gain that then blows up and leaves the franchise looking silly.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

PLEASE JETS DON'T DO THIS to your already battered fanbase. FUCK VICK.

Oh, and his turnovers and regression and deterioration comes into play football wise.

6. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

He already is a laughingstock so I don't know if it can get any worse for him. He needs to do what Dolan finally did with the Knicks and that's blow it up and start fresh. If he acquires Vick then he really thinks we're all clueless idiots.

7. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

Anyone mention Kirk Cousins?

8. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

Michael Vick to the Jets?

I really hope this report is wrong.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2012/12/michael_vick_to_the_new_york_j.html

By Eliot Shorr-Parks, NJ.com

One thing is almost certain when it comes to the New York Jets and the Philadelphia Eagles- neither team is going to enter next season with the starting quarterback they started this one with.
    With Mark Sanchez and Michael Vick both on the bench this weekend despite being healthy, it is close to a foregone conclusion that neither will be back with their current team next year. Where will each of them land?
    According to a recent report from Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, it is possible that Vick could be the man to take over the job Sanchez just lost.
    Mehta reports that the Jets will indeed try to trade Sanchez when the season is over and that Vick is on the short list of possible replacements.
    “Bring it on,” one Jets source told Mehta about bringing in Vick. “He was hit too many times (behind a subpar offensive line) the last two years.”
    Another source told Mehta that Vick would be open to going to New York is Sanchez is no longer there. Mehta also says that Rex Ryan loves Vick and thinks he could be the quarterback to save his job- something Andy Reid might disagree with.
    Vick to the Jets makes sense for both parties involved. The Jets would get a veteran quarterback who at times has shown he is still capable of carrying a team. Vick would also come to the Jets eager to prove he still is a starter in the league.
    "I feel like I’ve got a lot left in my tank," Vick said this week.
    For Vick, he would get a chance to start again in a major sports market. He would also get to play for a coach who values the run. Vick had his best years in Atlanta when the Falcons were committed to running the ball.
    Could Vick and Sanchez swap places? It is unlikely that the Eagles would have any interest in trading for the former USC Trojan. The Eagles will likely go into next season with Nick Foles as their starter unless they decide to go after a quarterback with their 1st round pick.
    Will Vick trade his Eagles' green in next season for Jets' green? We will likely not know that answer for some time as both teams still have to play out what is left of their disappointing seasons.
    Once that is over, the rumors will only pick up about the future of both quarterbacks.

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Teams all over the league have thought of Cousins. You're gonna have to really overwhelm the Redskins if you want him. They've got Cousins on a rookie contract. Cap-wise he's a cheap backup for their young franchise QB.

Redskins should be asking for a 1st + lower rounder. Or a couple of second rounders.

10. Ted

Ted Member

First, why would the Jets want a guy who has 23 turnovers in 13 games? Second, what QB has moved from Andy Reids system and had success in another?

Michael Vick is not the answer for the Jets. There are a couple FAs that could fill in as a stop gap (Moore, Campbell) while you develop a youngster for a year. Regardless, I am not sure you want Rex being the coach of another young QB you're trying to develop.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

No to Vick without question. Can anyone say enigma?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ugh if this happens it would only set us back and put off the inevitable . A move like this is something that we should understand has Woodys name all over it. I don't know what the answer is via draft free agent or trade but I am pretty sure that Vick is not it !

13. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Oh hell no! As a dog lover, I'll boycott the bastards if they sign this piece of crap.

14. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

There's nothing enigmatic about Vick, he just sucks.

Why would we swap our inaccurate, turnover-machine QB for an older, more injury-prone model?

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

this.

i cant think of anything that would make me more likely just to quit on the NFL altogether for the time being (I couldnt, sadly for me, ever switch to another team) than for the Jets to pick up an(other) aging unpredictable and injury prone QB - the only way to win in this league on a consistent basis is to draft and develop your QB of the future (with certain very limited exceptions).

The Jets need to either trade for someone with potential and is young, or hit the draft and get some reasonably priced vet competition for Sanchez/Mcelroy. But of course that isnt sexy and wont make headlines so no doubt they will do something splashy and dumb.

16. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Plus, RGIII is clearly going to have injury problems throughout his career, which just raises Washington's incentive to keep Cousins around as an insurance policy.

17. Ted

Ted Member

Don't get worked up over Vick because I doubt that happens. First, the Jets are going to have a hard time getting rid of Sanchez and if they can't, Vick won't come. Second, Vick will probably want 10 mil per season which is to pricey for the Jets (you'd think).

18. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Vick = the black tebow, except Vick can actually throw the football and is alot better overall...alot of the turnovers were a product of a shit offensive line in Philly ...we have a better one here... If Sanchez is gone I'm all for this signing...he wouldn't be brought it as the future but would allow a huge upgrade at the qb position for a year or two while we wait for to draft a possible franchise qb. Sign him!

19. jcjet

jcjet Member

NO dog killers on my team...they sign Vick and I won't be a fan as long as his with the team.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Teddy Bridgewater in 2014. Starting the Bandwagon early.