Norv Turner Is Open To Being Jets OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Sheesh, you're taking this way too seriously.

We all want the same thing in the end...

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Andybody saying Rex lost this team this year is an idiot. Rex's stamp is the defense and they always played well besides a play here or a play there. The offense is a joke and Sanchez lead this team into a brick wall. This is why coaches hire assistants and Coordinators and we need to make a good hire for once at the OC posistion.Sanchez couldn't handle the pressure and imploded that isn't Rex's fault that Sanchez isn't a man

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Whatever. Apparently I cant have an opinion because we aren't going to win a SB soon. Fuck off.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

What...?

Nobody said we were going to win a superbowl soon. They just made a reasonable argument that you don't fire a guy who had to deal with perhaps the worst starting QB in the NFL today and a GM who enabled said QB.

Give him two more years. One for rebuilding, and another for getting us to the playoffs with a home game (or at least a wildcard). I bet you he will be able to do it.

No need to get angry at people for sharing different opinions. You've been through a lot worse than most fans my age (20) have. We get it, you don't have to remind people of it.

5. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

These kids have no clue what we've been through.

6. KWJetsFan

Sorry my friend. Little :drunk:.

Not an excuse. Just bummed out.

Stil. two more years? You may deny it, but with the cap situation, the Jets have almost no chance to compete next year. I say can Rex now, bring in a new coach (more importantly a new GM) and let him keep who he thinks may compete along with who the GM thinks will help the team going forward. Rex did well by the Jets for two years, lost the team, and now it's going south fast. He has no concept of what an offense needs, and he is a distraction in and of himself. Time to go.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Compared to the shitstorm Jets have been through in the 70's, 80's and to a large extent 90's, current Jets are indeed enjoying their golden age of mediocrity, with playoff appearances here and there.

If mediocrity equates the 'golden age,' it tells you what kind of a sorry fuck this franchise has been all along.

8. KWJetsFan

Yes.

Golden age for Jets fans? Yes.

Sadder than shit? Yes again.

9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Alright! The entitlement card! What the hell does being a fan for longer have to do with Rex Ryan? Because you have been a fan longer that warrants your opinion over mine? Unless you study the game or coach at even a high school level, your football knowledge is probably generally the same as mine. In general fans know jack-shit about the game compared to anyone with a job in the NFL (besides our owner), yet we all make great armchair QB's and GM's or whatever.

Your age justifies any knee jerk criticisms and comments you make? Listen we all have them, but you don't need to bring your seniority into the discussion, it is irrelevant. You have watched this unsuccesful football team longer than I, and I think that is your problem. Your shrouded by twenty more years of failure than I am, I suppose, because you can't see past your own frustration. "Rex Ryan hasn't won shit." No, he hasn't. Nobody flaunts an AFC divisonal champion title, but what it does mean is that he has the capability to coach this team deep into the playoffs when given the right talent. Point being, I am not too old and bitter to give Ryan a FAIR chance. Inconsistency, that revolving door, has been one of the hallmarks for failure with this franchise, and I am not ready to "blow shit up" out of pure frustration. Changes need to be made, but not at the HC position, yet.

Finally, it's called the internet. I know about all the hard times you've been through with this franchise you poor old guy. I looked it up, my father is a Jets fan, I've heard all about it, don't you worry! Woe is you!

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Nor do we "Kids" give a shit

11. rohirrim665

Lol. Jeez you guys sound ridiculous. If we're gonna talk about misery I sat through every home game the year Kotite went 1-15 (including a monsoon against the Oilers in which about 100 people showed up). We beat the cardinals IN ARIZONA, for our only win that year. It was pretty depressing even as a child. Can I join your club now?

12. major33

Obviously.

I wanted Mark Sanchez gone after last season. Sometimes you just know. Same with Rex, you just know it ain't going to end well. Time to move on. (comes from experience)

13. rohirrim665

Well Swami, I heard the Jets might be looking for a new GM this year, you should inquire about that. Make sure you include that tidbit about how you KNEW Sanchez wouldn't work out.

:rofl:

Just bustin ya balls man, its all good. Serious question though, if you were the GM who would you hire as HC this year?

14. major33

I have no idea. Depends on how much Woody lets me overhaul this roster. But, since this is now a QB driven league, I probably focus on a head coach that understands the QB position very well.

My main focus right now is on the draft. We need to build a foundation of good young talent over the next couple of seasons.

15. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Nobody told you that you had to be a Jets fan for 4 decades. You're a grown man, you can make your own decisions.

OT: Yes, please bring in Norv Turner. We need an offensive juggernaut to manage the offense because neither Sparano or Rex can do it.

16. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I wouldn't mind Turner as just a OC. It needs to be someone with enough clout that they can run the offense by themselves, and not someone where we need to run what Rex says we need to run on offense. Rex is a defensive minded coach, and the defense gets much more rest when our team is running, taking time of the clock, and punting it away and pinning the other team back. That makes the defense better, but it makes our offense suck. I want someone that can atleast open up the offense, and actually try and score some points.

17. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

I don't know if this will actually happen, but I'm certainly hoping for it. While I have no doubt Sparano would make a great o-line or position coach, he has exhibited unbelievable incompetence in playcalling and managing his offense, especially in his ineffective use of Tebow.

Also, I normally support teams keeping coaches until they can truly establish their team's identity. Not with Sparano, though.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I just don't see how is a "great" offensive mind.

He was successful the 3 years he had that stacked Cowboys offense. And they did nothing new or innovative. Emmitt would take the toss and that monster offensive line would zone block, and Emmitt would follow Johnston through the giant hole of his choice to run through. Every team knew exactly what they were going to do, but they were so good they couldn't stop it.

Then he had Aikman to throw to Irvin, Harper and Novacek.

I think the lack of success he had as the OC in Miami and San Fran tell more about him. He's only done fwell when he has a dominant RB to hand the ball off to (Smith, Tomlinson).

Well, if Rex wants to keep it simple and everything is off the run game, then maybe Norv is the right guy.

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to give Norv Turner a shot at OC for sure, he can't be much worse then Sporano and certainly cant be worse then Shottenheimer - as long as he doesn't come with Philip Rivers.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Now if only we could get Troy Aikman to come out of retirement.