QB Options Not On Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This is true. A 180, the Jets need to make a 180, I can almost smell the Superbowl.

2. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

vick is done and u don't win the SB with a running qb.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Exactly.

and if Seattle is intent on dumping Flynn and his salary, it won't be to get back Sanchez. despite what jets. fans think, there are other trading partners in the league that could offer a deal that Seattle can improve their team with, not just swap irrelevant pieces.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

why in the world would carroll want sanchez?

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The one reason Carroll might want Sanchez if the circumstances were different is that he's already picked him twice. He recruited him out of high school and then he handed a national championship caliber team to him in his junior season at USC.

The idea that Carroll thinks Sanchez is hot garbage is probably pretty far out there. He probably thinks that he could resurrect his career if he had the opportunity.

Unfortunately for Sanchez Russell Wilson is there and the Seahawks QB job is not open now and not going to be for at least a year or two. I highly doubt that Carroll wants to do anything to undermine Wilson and bringing in a former starter who also happens to be a Carroll product would be about as undermining as you could get.

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd rather have Captain Kirk over Vick, Smith and the other retreads. He is a born leader, leadership that we have desperately lacked since Penny's arm got shot.

7. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Vick, more money than Sanchez and head coach preference? HAHA Vick, you suck and you dont even know it. If the Jets sign this has been no way will I renew my sunday ticket.

8. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Alex Smith. Safer pick up than cousins, who I see as a Kevin Kolb.

9. Br4d

Cousins doesn't have the talent level of Kolb.

10. JetBlue

Alex Smith has proven his success is tied directly to his coach, and has only been successful with Harbaugh and to a lesser extent Norv Turner as his OC.

He is the farthest thing from a safe pick if you don't have Harbaugh or Norv Turner. Why would you even think he is better by his own ability and his improvement and best performance not a result of very specific coaching when all evidence points to the latter?

11. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

What makes you guys think any of these QB's want to come here?

1. We can't pay them anything since we have very little room under the salary cap.
    2. After how Tebow was treated, do you think any of them believe a word of what the front office says?
    3. Even if they overcome 1 & 2, they're only going to run a ground and pound offense and throw 5 times a game for the privilege of being scapegoated anytime we lose.

12. Br4d

I wouldn't want to play QB for the Jets in 2013 given the overall situation. I can't help but think that somebody will be lined up behind C in the opener though.

Probably somebody cheap and at least vaguely plausible to the fans. That might be McElroy but I don't think it's going to be either of the other two guys. The only way Sanchez is starting next year is if the Jets can find a big-time offensive coordinator who is willing to put his own prestige on the line in a very public reclamation attempt on Sanchez Jets career. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

13. JetBlue

how many NFL starting QB opportunities are there in the world? when one presents itself, you take it. every single one of them would rather be a starter on the Jets than a back up elsewhere. that is why they would come here.

so, unless there are other starting opportunities available, and despite how bad the position looks with the Jets it would be hard to claim that Jacksonville or Philadelphia are somehow better situations, it isn't as if the Jets have a tremendous amount of competition in regards to offering a starting opportunity.

14. JETS_Mogul

JETS_Mogul Member

We need to first establish the conditions for a quarterback to succeed here and that entails building through the draft. We are not a team built to win now any longer. We are a rebuilding team. The sooner management realizes this, the sooner we can move on from the last two years.

15. Br4d

Jon Gruden has a reputation for reclaiming QB's as head coach. He helped resurrect Rich Gannon's career and he won a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson.

If Rex did get fired and Gruden was interested in the Jets job even with Sanchez in the mix that might be one of the few avenues open to a Sanchez reclamation. Gruden also favors a horizontal offense of the west coast variety and if you're going to go into a season with Greg McElroy seriously in the mix that's the kind of offense you want to be running.

16. Jetsjack

Jetsjack New Member

Sign Vick. He gets pounded in Philly because of that terrible offensive line. You guys know what he can do when given time in the pocket.

17. Jetsjack

Jetsjack New Member

I agree on Michael Vick.

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

NO. Vick is too turnover prone. Also, he's too injury prone. He's also a big fucking idiot & needs a locker room with a strong vet presence.

Vick to the Jets is just total FAIL

19. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

First of nothing will happen until they have a new GM, a new QB Coach, a new OL coach, and a new OC.

Vick would be a disaster by week 3. He can't stay on the field, fumbles way to much, and looked utterly lost this season.

Alex Smith was a water for 6 or 7 years will 7 difference OC's - with the current system he has been quite good, but you don't know. Look at Matt Cassel - great in NE - crappy in KC under a different system.

Matt Flynn was so good he got beaten out by a 3rd round rookie after signing a 10 million a year deal. He had two good games against the Lions and was christened the next Aaron Rodgers.

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I am not big on Flynn, but I am big on getting rid of Sanchez. What if the Jets throw in a second rounder too? Any way to get pete to take his shit QB off our hands?