Why Tebow might play Sunday

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Media outlets that use anonymous sources, and report unsubstantiated claims, are scum. I don't care who the fuck it is.

It's almost as disgusting as people trying to leverage things like the Sandy Hook shooting to advance their political ideals, such as gun control, or religion in schools. It's abhorrent.

#41 phaytal, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

hahahah what did you have to say when anonymous sources ripped tebow?

3. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Wow it must have been a mind changing event when your parents told you there was no Santa Claus.

4. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Well then, whoever gets him is in luck.

...or maybe the reporter is wrong, and the anonymous source is another Tebowner. (I'm sure there are a couple in the organization...) Probably just trying to stir the pot because the media meal ticket is going extinct in the NFL...

It also couldn't be that Tebow really is as shitty as his critics think. That CAN'T be it though...

:lol:

#44 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 19, 2012
  5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Just when you thought it could not get worse the jets organization "dials it up a notch" unf'ingbelievable.

6. Concerned_Citizen

A-Friggin-men!!!!

7. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I didn't, but thanks. Besides, it's pretty common knowledge that Tebow blows in practice.

8. Concerned_Citizen

...and in games. Good thing teams went into prevent (err.. sorry, bend but not break) and had a defense cover for him the rest of the time he was busy going three and out.

...or he'd have been gone a long time ago ala JaMarcus Russell.

9. danangmarine68

If this is later substantiated, it would explain a lot of what has happened this year. It might even make Phaytal slither off to that deep dark place he retreated to after Orton was replaced and Tebow started winning last year.

SF

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So when an anon source says tebow will request a trade it's bullshit but when they say rex is scared to succeed you buy it. Why am I not shocked?

All you guys have is excuses for Tebow. You live, eat and dream them.

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Words of wisdom about practice:

Iverson: "If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. (laughter from the media crowd) We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about practice right now. (more laughter)

Reporter: "But it's an issue that your coach continues to raise?"

Iverson: "Hey I hear you, it's funny to me to, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about practice man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about practice."

Reporter: "Is it possible that if you practiced, not you but you would make your teammates better?"

Iverson: "How in the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?

12. danangmarine68

Well, had you quoted said post you reference it would add validity to this post. Without it is purely third party hearsay.

SF

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I didn't know the reporter that said the trade thing! who was the reporter Manish? a guy from bleacher report?

I KNOW DAN PATRICK

There is a difference.

At the end of the day its all the same anyways...they don't want Tebow, they might think he can be successful but he is not for them. it does not change anything except ONE thing.

The perception that he is a total suck wad at QB and a wash out. They can change that wrong perception based on rex simply coming out and just saying the truth, it would sound something like this:

"Tebow is a great competitor and can definitely win games in this league, however to use him beyond a set of 5 or 6 plays a game would require not only a change in personnel but a reworking of the entire offensive scheme..and we are in week 15. Its just not the right time to do that. I know what I have in tebow. I need to see what I have in McElroy who can run our base offense just fine"

is that so freaking hard?

Then cut him right away, before Sunday , fine. Just be honest.

#53 CowboysFan, Dec 19, 2012
  14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Gotcha.

Words of wisdom from a guy who earned well over $300 million during the course of his career and through endorsements.

By the way, he's now penniless.

He sounds like a wise, and savvy man, this Allen Iverson.

:lol:

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Allen Iverson is wise and sh*t.

16. Concerned_Citizen

Ever think that some of those anonymous players from the Jets and Broncos ARE being honest, and maybe Tebow really is a real suck wad at QB?

He very well may be good in the right environment but not with most of the current offenses. I don't even think he'd thrive in the few teams that do use run/pass threat QBs because it is no secret he has a really tough time making the throws he needs. Doesn't read defenses that well, and with anticipation throws, he's too hit or miss ... and miss... and miss... and miss...

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I wonder why there weren't any anonymous sources saying Mark Sanchez sucks. At least let there be some fairness in the anonymous bashing game.

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

absolutely, tebow sucks in a conventional offense. That has never been argued or in question.(it does not mean he can not get better...)

But it does not change the fact that he would win more games with his spread option or pistol offense than about 1 third to a half of the QBs in the league do in their conventional offenses.

He is better than John Skelton or Quinn or Ryan Lindley, Or Sanchez (hands down) for that matter. Put him in the right system and he will excel.

19. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Totally dude, totally.

I know of countless wise men that have made over $300 million in their lives, have multiple drug and weapon arrests, have done prison time, and at the ripe old age of 37, are unemployed and broke, owing creditors millions of dollars.

He's wise as shit. We should totally listen to that guy.

20. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Didn't you just argue four posts ago that anonymous sources are to be never trusted (when the source undercut an irrelevant argument in your lifelong cusade)? But now they are accurate again for your purposes? But yes most media sucks. I just happen to trust Dan Patrick. He hardly seems to have an agenda, as you and Phaytal clearly do.