Why Tebow might play Sunday

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Nope...

I believe this is what we in the Army call "CYA" or "Cover Your Ass". If Tebow succeeded, it would have made Rex Ryan look like an even bigger fool for not starting him earlier. Having factual proof that your idiocy cost your team a playoff run is a sure way to get fired. If McElroy succeeds, he can just say, "Well who would have known McElroy would have been the answer?"

Why? Because McElroy has no history. With Tebow people will point to his Denver time and say that Tebow led a pitiful team to a division title and playoff win. They will say that Rex should have known that Tebow would win. With McElroy, he can feign shock and bewilderment that the 3rd string, 7th round draft pick turned out to be a winner. Then guess what? REX RYAN WILL TAKE THE CREDIT FOR EXPOSING MCELROY'S TALENT.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

^ Don't disagree with this, but how do you square this with the Tebow series Monday night? What possible reason would there be to do that if the staff is basically afraid to have him succeed? I'm trying to reconcile these concepts, and I can't do it.

As far as the CFL, I read somewhere this morning that Tebow would be even less effective in the CFL because its a three down passing league. Just food for thought.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The excuses continue to pile up. Now it's just Rex covering his ass. You guys are unbelievable.

What is it going to take for you to finally admit Tebow just isn't an NFL QB?

I mean you have pretty much every indicator possible pointing to the fact that he's not, yet you continue to make excuse after excuse after excuse blaming everyone and everything else.

Open your fucking eyes.

4. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I can assure you that no one outside of the Tebow cult will be saying this... Ever. The proof will be that he will never start in this league, at quarterback, again.

5. JFjets

JFjets New Member

How do you square the way they've used Tebow at all this season with anything remotely logical?

They also run a lot of spread option in he CFL, moreso than the NFL, and in case you haven't heard, Tebow was pretty good at Florida in a spread option offensive system. When I hear that someone threw 88 TD's in 3 seasons as a starter, the first thing that comes to my mind isn't "well that dude sure must not be able to throw the ball, huh?"

Food for thought. Just sayin'.

By the way, personally I don't believe he's even remotely close to making a decision to go to the CFL, and I don't think it will come to that.

What we have is a bunch of people telling us he can't do what we saw him do with our very own eyes, and that is to be a successful NFL QB. He was playing with the #32 ranked defense in late 2010 and the #24 ranked defense in 2011, but even if the defense had been ranked #1 both years, you still don't go on a run like that and lead your team down the field to score points and win games unless you have QB skills.

What is it going to take for you to finally admit that it's utterly stupid for you to tell us he can't do something that he's already done? Talk about someone needing to open their eyes.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Funny, no NFL decision makers seem to want him to be their QB. And they won't after this season either. Wake up and smell the coffee. Time to find another jock to sniff.

7. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Awww, look everyone he is so cute with his mid-drift unoriginal cutdowns. I think you need to get some new material there Billy Madison. You make yourself out to be troglodyte, when you can't even muster up the ability to post something funnier than a couple 80's sayings spewed together.

Let the folks follow who they want and relax. See this is how you become atleast halfway original.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Who's trying to be funny? You people need serious help. I'm just trying to help you see the light.

9. JustLurking

JustLurking New Member

You may be right about the bolded part. I think it is premature to say that considering he was traded and not released. It is very possible that the timing of the trade limited which teams were interested at the time. We shall see. Doesn't matter to me. I'll watch him no matter where he goes. I'd rather see him play in the CFL or Arena, and actually see him play, than ride the bench in the NFL. That is just me though.

10. JFjets

JFjets New Member

There are also probably half a dozen more NFL teams now than in March with a much better sense of clarity regarding their QB situation, and when I say "clarity", I mean those teams have either realized or are getting darn close to realizing that they need someone else at QB than who they currently have.

11. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Rex loathes tebow

He'd probably start Vlad Ducasse at QB before he even considers the notion of tebow starting.

12. phaytal

phaytal New Member

There are 3 teams that desperately need a QB; the Chiefs, the Raiders, and the Cards. All three teams will jump in the first and take a quarterback. The Bills might be fed up with Fitz under center, and step up in the first as well.

The Jets and the Eagles will also draft a quarterback, but it all depends on how Foles and McElroy perform, and the franchise's level of confidence in them going forward as to when these teams grab a QB. Could be the 1st, could be the 2nd, and it could be the 5th+ if they both perform well closing out the season. But they will draft a QB. Who knows what Jacksonville and Tennesse will do, but Locker and Gabbert might have earned themselves one more year.

The bottom line is that there are 9-10 quarterbacks who will go in the 1st and 2nd round this year, with as many as 6 that could go in the 1st. Tim Tebow is going to have a tough time finding a home anywhere, and there is pretty much zero chance that he starts anywhere.

#32 phaytal, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

You probably be right, though I don't think the QB class in this up coming draft is any good, be lucky if 6 QBs are taken in the first 2 rounds.

Watch Tebow state that he wants to go to a team that will give him a starting gig. Seriously doubt anyone would do it, I wouldn't want to risk my career for a 46% passer.

Pridictions:

Sanchez will be in Arizona next year.

Tebow will be in....

Not Jacksonville but.....

In Kansas City.

14. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Thaty's because only the tebow cultists see the events of last year in the same light you do.

It simply wasn't reality when looking at the whole picture and not just Tim Tebow.

I'd REALLY like to see things from your point of view... but I just can't stick my head up that high.

you don't have to believe me that few see Tebow the way you do until a few more years go by and he is either rotting on the bench, or is long forgotten in the NFL having done very little since 2011.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

And the Brady Quinn suicide-watch begins in 3... 2... 1...

16. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

...and NONE of them are going to see Tebow as an improvment over the scrubs they have. You might, but nobody that watched more of him than what shows up in the hilights.

17. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I stated this in another forum but I'd like to address to your post....

Don't know if anyone posted this already but Dan Patrick stated today that a jets 'official' told him the reason he is not starting Tebow is he's scared Tebow might succeed in some capacity and draw the ire of fans and the media for not starting him/benching Sanchez earlier. DP stated the official was very scared of anyone finding out who he (the anonymous official) was under any circumstances since this was such a touchy subject.

DP said he was told Rex is scared of losing of his job and feels that it's lose/lose with Tebow. If he plays well, it's why didn't you make the change earlier. If he plays like crap, it's why the hell is he here considering the distraction he brings and why wasn't McElroy named the starter earlier.

With McElroy, DP said Rex faces no such reaction because nobody had any real expectations of him going into the season. He could suck it up and nobody would care. If he played great, nobody would really have expected you to start him earlier and you can say you developed him in house.

I'm paraphrasing what DP stated but he brought on John Lynch who stated also (from sources in Denver who have been through this) that it's also about the off-season. If he plays well, there would be a push to go all in with a Tebow offense and Ryan doesn't want that and neither did Elway, though they were begrudgingly prepared to do so until it became clear Manning would be coming available.

18. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I trust Dan Patrick. He's not a hack. This charade of a situation does not justify anyone's opinion about Tebow on this message board...it's just another dysfunctional Jet's charade.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Dan Patrick reported today (he has said it every hour on his show and i just heard it on NFL radio) that sources inside the organization have said that rex did not start tebow because if tebow succeeds there will be pressure to back him and redo the offense in the off season and he does not want that.

So it was not that he thought he was terrible...it sounds like he thinks Tebow might do well.

Is this an excuse? or is this an actual reporter reporting potential news?

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Disgust level just went up from 10 to 11.