Do you think Rex refused to make a qb change...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Dec 19, 2012.

1. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

he refused the change because ultimately sanchez still gives the team best chance to win and I believe the Rex still believes that.

He's only putting in Melcroy to placate the mass of revolting fans. the season's lost anyways might as well shatter any what if's that fans might have held on to

2. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

I think your coach would agree.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I agree with the first paragraph but I don't think Rex is doing this to placate the fans. I think he has had enough with the turnovers and Mcelroy is a smart guy who can run the practices, make the right calls and keep the program going even if he is limited in what he can do.

4. jack handy

jack handy Member

what is your evidence for this statement? Is it practice that you are basing this on? Has he played a full qtr as a jet? in the past 2 years Sanchez is ranked as the worst QB for turnovers, completion %, accuracy.

5. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Some people just love Sanchez.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I don't disagree that Sanchez sucks. The evidence is that as crappy as Sanchez is and as much as Rex, Soprano and Tanny would have happily put in Tebow to save the Jets season, it was patently obvious to even them that Tebow is incapable of running an NFL O.

What is also pretty clear is the Denver Bronco's are a pretty good team in a really shitty division and even they thought Tebow absolutely sucked.

7. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

no I think there would been palpable outrage and dissent if Sanchez started this upcoming home game. You saw what that guy on Twitter was saying, that's the type of vitriol that Sanchez has to contend with. It would not have been pretty if he ran out of the tunnel this sunday. Johnson is a media guy he's tuned to the mob

8. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

He did pretty well for them last year. Low turnovers. Something Sanchez has never been able to do at the pro level.

9. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

I think the front office and Rex have been clueless on how angry people are with Mark Sanchez. He's basically lost the fans and lockerroom a long time ago but Rex and the front office were living in bubble of denial.

10. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

low turnovers because he wasn't asked to carry the offense and he knew that he couldn't make throws so he didn't. Great qbs always have high TO numbers early in their career because it's a process of reigning back their instinct since they KNOW they can make all the throws. That's what we are seeing with Sanchez

11. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Sanchez can't make all the throws. He has a mediocre arm and is undersized. This myth that he can make all the throws is just that.

12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Why? He would stay focused on the Defense like he's been since he's gotten here. He'll feed us that bullshit like he did this past offseason that he'll "be more involved with the offense."

The ground and pound bullshit DOES NOT WORK in today's NFL. You have to go deep and throw the ball around.

IMHO, the QB/offense(revamped) deserves a chance with a different head coach. Not the Rex Ryan who is Mangini-esque in his answer but not answer ways. It's getting old and tiring.

13. jack handy

jack handy Member

would rather have Mangini

14. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

He has the same mentality as his dad. The US (defense) against THEM (offense) attitude.

What he really needs is a Cam Newton or Logan Thomas type QB because all he wants to do is ground and pound with an occasional pass. It's a effective strategy but you need to be able to get that kind of QB.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's a good question but I doubt we'll ever find out.

They are not going to broadcast insubordination to the public. Also if Rex is fired, even then, I doubt he'd say anything because it would jeopardize his own career.

Did Mangini ever officially say he didn't want to start Favre?

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, when did his dad coach? His last year as head coach was 95. 95. Guess what.. THE LEAGUE HAS CHANGED. The league is built around the QB. Rules have been changed to help the QB and WR's. That ground and pound garbage doesn't work anymore. If we had an Adrian Peterson, Curtis Martin, Marcus Allen type RB things could be different. But we don't and they're not. We wanted to be a ground and pound team and the fucking clowns that run the fucking team didn't even help with that! Let alone help develop a QB.

We will never, never never win the division or win a super bowl until we change things, and properly build a fucking team.. Kinda like we were in 2010.

17. Really? Cause we were ground & pound in 2010. The ground & pound CAN work in the nfl. But you need to be able to make completions when the passing game is called upon & you can't have turnovers. Ground & pound is all about ball control & wearing down D'S.If you don't sustain drives or allow the front 5 to punish front 7's..you won't have success. Turnovers remains the biggest issue for this team

18. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

You can go two ways in this league. You can take the template of the Saints, Patriots and Packers and outscore everybody while gambling a lot on defense. You get in and out of the huddle pretty quickly and score pretty fast. This works because if you get an early lead, you can get more opportunities for turnovers since the other offense needs to pass. They can blow teams out since things can get out of hand pretty quickly.

The other way is to take the template of the Niners, Bears, Ravens, Steelers (from a few years ago). Build a really good defense and run the ball. You drain the clock as much as possible. You still need an efficient QB who can make plays out of play-action, but the philosophy is basically to dominate on defense and have the offense do just enough to win.

We're in the latter camp, clearly. The nice thing is that the former don't like playing the latter because a couple stops and they get cold and lose. We were that team until last year. Then we decided that Mark Sanchez could make the offense more like the Saints, Patriots and Packers. Of course, he couldn't. So here we are now. Which way do we want to go?

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

50 turnovers in two years? That's not good, that's bad. Very fucking bad. He is not a good quarterback. Saying he is mediocre is being very, very, very kind.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a QB that has lost confidence who knows if can ever get it back. Sanchez needed to be benched early to save Sanchez form himself and most likely his career.

You cannot put Tebow in because you would have to change the entire offense. He cannot throw from the pocket he has the worst pocket presence I have ever seen. Even Gruden who loves Tebow said you would have to change the offense for him. Do you think you can do that in week 17?

When Rex says Greg gives them the best chance he means it. I happen to think if Greg was active we beat Tennessee why he was not we may never know. Is he an NFL QB no idea from what I saw in preseason it is iffy.

Brains account for a lot in the NFL and he scored higher on the wonderlick than anybody has ever so we will see.

If Greg plays decent but not great I wonder how long it will take for half the fan base to want him gone or calling him noodle arm. You see the QB is never good enough to play in NY for the J E T S.