F@&*K Rex Ryan....Lost all respect

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 18, 2012.

1. lakersmetsjets49ers

You make way to much sense and are very rational on a board where making sense isn't all that abundant

2. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

So he is doing what you want him to, but being professional about it...and you're getting mad?

3. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

We all know what we have with Tebow. He's a way below average passer who can make plays with his feet. We're not sure what we have with McElroy so I'm all for giving the kid 2 starts to end the season.

Worst thing that can happen is we get a higher draft pick. I'm not on the Fire Rex Ryan bandwagon yet.

4. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

This very thread is one of the many, many examples proving that the bolded section is just plain wrong.

5. TexNYJ

TexNYJ New Member

I like REx. Bring on the bullshit, all the haters can kiss my ass. He needs to be our DC. We defnitiely need a new head coach, but if he's not our DC, Woody needs a red hot poker shoved up his dick hole

6. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

JFC I can't wait until Rex is fired so you morons can move onto the next coach you want fired, than call Beningo and talk about the next coach that should get fired. GTFO.

This team was suppose to go 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 with Revis and Holmes, and they will do it without them. Let alone a talentless, shitty roster, and you want this man fired because he mishandled the quarterback depth? While trying to salvage his $50 Million dollar quarterback's ego? You're a moron. Seriously.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This thread reeks of stupidity.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Tell us why oh intelligent one...

9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Well not even Rex Ryan can change our football destiny. I truly believe Rex Cannot coach this team.

10. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

but it's all schottenheimer's fault!

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

LOLOL, oh please.

Rex has not had a losing season so far in his tenure here. He might not even have one this year.

He played it safe by starting Sanchez the next two games instead of McElroy. I disagree with it, but I can respect it. He assumed that Sanchez would use this benching to better himself. He gave him more than enough rope to hang himself with, and for some reason, Sanchez still did not get it.

I truly believe Rex has lost ALL respect for Sanchez when he fumbled that snap on Tennessee's 25 yard line. INTs are one thing, but when you have unlikely playoff hopes on the line, and you fumble after a gift punt, it's hard to gain that kind of respect back.

That's why he's starting McElroy. That's why Sanchez will not be here next season. If McElroy wins both games, that makes Rex look pretty good to be honest. McElroy would most likely have not led us deep in the playoffs.

Speaking of which, do any Patriots fans on here know how Brady did for the rest of the season in his first official start?

12. mo_lewis

mo_lewis New Member

One year to turn it around? Really? Rex should blow it up. He stuck with Sanchez up until the point that there will never be a "we should have stuck with Sanchez" controversy ever again. Rex is a good couch. Won't throw his players under the bus. Admirable.

Sanchez is mentally destroyed or checked out and doesn't care. Probably the former. Whoever was responsible for Tebow should be gone, but maybe you can't fire an owner. Jets have a good coach. You build around a good quarterback and a good coach. Most teams have neither. Need a better OC (NT) and a better GM, no idea there. The best thing might be a 2-14. Why not?

#52 mo_lewis, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He threw him under the bus Monday night. He puts Tebow in for a short time, calls shit plays destined to fail (Gruden said as much), then pulled him back out.

Now he can say Tebow had a shot and couldn't get it done.

I am certainly no Tebow fan, but the treatment he received all around this year is disgraceful. What ever happened to that secret magical package of plays designed for Tebow?

14. Ted

Ted Member

I'll give Rex a ton of credit this season for keeping this team breathing until week 15. No easy job for him with the minimal talent, lack of depth and losing your best player on both sides of the ball. Where he really needs to be commended is how he has handled the media. 2 years ago he would have been talking without thinking but this year, you can see when he is on the podium, he pauses and thinks first.

Is Rex a solid Head Coach? I don't think so but only because he is to much of a player friendly guy. Regardless of whether or not he comes back this year, I don't think the Jets are set up for success next year because of horrible personnel decisions and I am not certain he'll be able to survive that.

I really think the Jets are at a point where they are only delaying the inevitable and that is cleaning house in the front office, coaching staff and bad player contracts. If they do that, 2013 may see the Jets as the worst team in football but you can look towards 2014 as having a shot a building with the best drafting position of the 32 teams.

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I don't think it was so bad honestly. The delay of game was bad, but after getting those two nice runs even Tebow showed he's capable of making better decisions by throwing the ball away instead of throwing it into the arms of a defender or taking a sack.

If anything he showed he should have kept playing, especially after Sanchez threw his 3rd interception. I mean how many freaking turnovers do you need to see to figure out your QB is freaking done. Sanchez was gone. He was gone on Thanksgiving night when he ran into another man's ass.

Anyone ever consider that maybe the Jets WANT to tank? I mean if Rex really believes McElroy is the better guy is there any explanation why he wasn't the backup when the season is on the line?

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

He didn't throw him under the bus. Tebow couldn't get it done Monday night, that series was a disaster.

I was speaking about Tebow in the context of Rex never saying a "Bad Word about Tebow".

It's crystal clear Tebow wasn't Rex's choice, that came from above him. Rex's fault is that he was too loyal to Sanchez for so long. Rex had no other option to stay with Sanchez, cause Tebow wasn't the answer. Monday night has sealed Mark's fate.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we are a stupid fanbase, we are one of the worst fanbases out there. we deserve Rich Kotite and Steve Gutman.

18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It's a lose lose here. Some people are pissed he doesn't tell us more, some would be pissed if he did by saying he was airing dirty laundry to the press.... I think people, when Ryan first came, misinterpreted his personality that he was actually being (almost) completely open and honest. Truth is, ever since he has been here is PC are just like most coaches, filled with puffery and fluff.

Some of these Tebow conspiracies are hilarious. It like the NFL meets real housewives.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You're going to judge him on one series? I don't believe that a series resulting in a punt is really a disaster.

20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

For once I agree with you, to a degree anyway. I don't think we're a stupid fan base - we're pretty knowledgeable. But as relates to going to games and supporting the team, we are absolutely one of the worst fan bases out there. I've been to 14 other stadiums and only one of them - the St. Louis Rams fans - are quieter, more negative, and less of a distraction to the other team. And that team has only been in that town for 17 years - there are still a lot of Cardinal leftovers there.

There are a TON of great jet fans, but it seems that they either decided not to make the trip to Jersey (the Queens/Long Island contingent) or got priced out of the stadium. Because as a season ticket holder I can tell you that the stadium is often tomb-like, they have the players make videos trying to get us to make noise, they hired a semi-cheerleader in Fireman Ed to get us to make noise, the PA announcer has to tell us when it's 3rd down and suddenly the crowd cheers - we're horrible.

I walk home with a sore throat every week, and people look at me like they want me to shut up and sit down.

I'll get torched for this, but I know what I know.