So how much blame should Cavanaugh shoulder for Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Dec 18, 2012.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I can't agree. I don't care what Sanchez defenders say or don't say. They are clearly idiots and if they point to the QB coach being fired let them. It won't make a difference to any sense of reality.

2. Graytness

Graytness Member

That's true, I'm just wondering at what point they just admit that a lot of the blame lands on Sanchez's shoulders.

If they were Raiders fans, perhaps they'd still be defending JaMarcus Russell?

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

At this point I could care less what they admit. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that Sanchez is pure garbage. If they stick to defending him, they will only be met with huge laughs.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

None, the fault lays with the drafting of a college QB who had limited starting experience in College and from a school not known for producing NFL QB's...And then you elect to hand him the job without any real competition.

Lets face it when the most successful QB from a school has been Carson Palmer, and then drops off to Matt Lienart your not exactly talking QBU.

I mean, look at the list of alumni of NFL QBS from USC.
    Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty

But at least Sanchez isn't Todd Marinovich.

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Russell didn't get the Raiders to back-to-back AFC CG's.

Russell also was lazy; he was once given a DVD of defensive plays from an upcoming opponent. He was told to study it over the weekend. Upon returning the DVD, he was asked by his OC if he had gone over it and if it had helped him. He said YES.

The DVD was blank.

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Problem is Sanchez didn't take the Jets to two AFC CG's...the only thing the Jets needed from Sanchez in 09 and 10 was just not to muck it up, don't forget in 2008 the Jets had the same record as 2009 and missed the playoffs. You could argue, I think successfully, with a league average QB in 2009 and 2010 the teams record would have been better than it was.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I will post this until Cavanaugh is GONE!!

[​IMG]

8. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Nobody else to weigh in?

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What young QB's did the Ravens develop while Cavanaugh was there?

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

If a QB that showed promise fails to do fundamental things 4 years in the future you have to blame the people responsible for developing him just as much. How this guy still has a job is a joke. Remember when people wanted him to be the OC instead of Schotty.

Picture is worth a 1000 words and that is a really sad sequence of pictures. Im sure most of us never noticed because we were too busy jumping up and down celebrating.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

This. I don't know how anyone can blame Cavanaugh for Sanchez's lack of everything (lol).
    I'm fairly sure there must have been days where Cavanaugh had to go off to a dark room and beat his head against a wall. If we all saw how bad he was, surely some members of the CS did too

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I've been calling out Cavanaugh for three years now. When you really only have one pupil he should be improving not declining. Kind of like hiring a spanish tutor for your kid and after three years he still can't order lunch at Taco Bell.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

14. gustoonarmy

True. I'd like to see how Cav pans out with a new QB taking over the reins.
    Hey, for all we know Cav may have been woring with McElroy and we're seeing that now.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not absolving Cavanaugh of blame by any means. The coaching on the offensive side is dreadful.

16. gustoonarmy

Absolutely. It seems totally lost. None of the people who matter have been or are leaders, Schottie, Sparano and Sanchez. Team mates of Sanchez have come out and said they do, but what else are they meant to say. Then we had the 'un-named' source expletive which looking back was maybe the catalyst for where we are now.
    Look at Holmes at the end of last season, there has to be more behind that than we know. For me I think Holmes was frustrated that he'd landed on a team that should have been thinking about SB, not which Sanchez was going to turn up, and his lack of progression.
    I lost count of the amount of bad passes that got caught by WR core. Holmes is a SB MVP and knows how things feel on a SB calibre team, thats my guess why he came out and said what he said, frustration. We all know how that feels :rolleyes:

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I heard something today that may explain a bit of the seemingly dumb decisions concerning the way the qb situation was handled by the Jets.

Asked why Tebow wasn't being used more in games, Sparano said that they didn't have enough plays designed for him. Asked why that is, he said that there wasn't enough time in practice after trying to get Sanchez up to speed to face that weeks opponents. Think about that for a minute.

If that's true to any degree, no wonder Rex didn't feel confident with Tebow or McElroy.

People here threw around the idea that the coaches "see these guys every day in practice" so obviously they would know who "gave them the best chance to win". Hmmmm...maybe not.

I won't be surprised if McElroy does just fine in the next two games.

18. gustoonarmy

:rofl: If true that is F'n ridiculous, can't stop laughing.

Yep,Greg has shown that he is an intelligent QB (thus far) and can only get better.
    I really wish him all the luck and hope we have a diamond in the rough here.
    Go Jets! :jets:

19. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I remember this like it was yesterday. It was indeed puzzling that Cav would suck the fun out of an exciting moment like this.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sanchez sucked the fun out of the last two seasons.

He had to learn it somewhere.

Hmmm......maybe he IS coachable.