Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 14, 2012.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so a quick update for those concerned...really just therapy forme typing "happy" news....

My kids came home from school and said they had a great day. When I asked my 9 year old how her day was, she complained about the"rubber" chicken nuggets at lunch :)

we got an email from my first grader's teacher around 1 oclock saying the kids and she talked about the shootings briefly and then it became a normal day.

we also got an email from the principal saying almost all the familes sent their kids to school today and the children were very happy to see their friends. She said the kids were an inspiration to the faculty and staff and everyone was thrilled tosee the kids smiling and laughing and going about normal routine.

Aaaaaaaand I just got teary-eyed typng this but it is good.....really good

2. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

That's great to hear, Jonny.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

How did little kids ever manage to grow up to be adults before they invented chicken nuggets?

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

truthfully,as much as we like to toot our own horn over here,we have a lot of problems with a lot of things.

5. typeOnegative13NY

man,i am glad to hear that there is something positive for you guys.

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Okay, sure that can happen. But here is an example where a masked man started shooting up a mall in Portland, Oregon. He only stopped (presumably) because a nearby concealed carry permit holder pulled a handgun and pointed it at him.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

#407 VanderbiltJets, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I will preface what I am about to say by stating, I am not passing judgement and We don't know all the facts (Obviously)

BUT

With what is trickling out (Which we should take w/a grain considering the media) about the Mom handling her son. It seems like a major fail on her part.

From a few interviews they say the kid was out of sight when they visited.
    Between that, the kids mental illness and her taking him to a shooting range...
    You really would have to question just wtf she was thinking?

If all this is true it just goes to show you how some parents refuse to accept when their child may have an "illness" mostly because of society's pressure but still, trying to ignore it is not an option.

Again.. Just looking @ it from what is coming out.

9. typeOnegative13NY

so she WAS part of the elemtary school? I thought friends said she had nothijg to do with it? (still not turning on the media coverage)

10. typeOnegative13NY

MAJOR fail. And i know she never would have wanted this,so may she RIP. But i am sorry,but it sounds like she was covering mommys little monster,and hiding him. And i still dont understand or accept any reasoning for the type of weapons she kept ,especially around who this kid is coming out to be.

11. VanderbiltJets

It looks as though she was at most a part-time casual volunteer. If she were a Kindergarten volunteer this year and last year then it would make sense why Lanza targeted those classrooms (students his mother volunteered with this year and last year, which fits the timeline framework)

12. VanderbiltJets

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but White House today signaled support for an assault weapons ban, among other measures:

"Carney also offered some other gun laws Obama would back. “He supports and would support legislation that addresses the problem of the so-called gun show loophole, and there are other elements of gun legislation that he could support … high capacity ammunition clips, for example. That is certainly something he would be interested in looking at,” he said."

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

why the hell are bullets like this even available to the public? and if the answer is to shoot dear, fuck you. if you are so shitty a hunter that you can't use a regular bullet and bring down a dear, don't fucking hunt.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That makes me sick... I'm sure some people will spin it that it's to protect against that tyrant Obama. Shit like this shouldn't even be legal. You are 100% correct. To shoot a 6 year old with something like this. Un fucking real...

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

As they should, there is no purpose whatsoever for any normal citizen to own a fucking assualt rifle.

17. typeOnegative13NY

totally agree,and knowing the producers they are for humans,not deer. deer would just be used as a scapegoat reason. I went to a gun show one time,and thinking back it pretty sick what people can have.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear something positive for you my friend...

19. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Whatever source you are quoting seems to be intentionally misleading its readers to provide a biased slant on things (I know, shocking isn't it?).

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about "frangible" ammunition:

Here is another source:

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. She was the monster here. Read the articles. She was getting 240k, out of hubby's 450k in alimony. Kid was supported serperately, she had a job.

She started taking this disconnected kid shooting, and talking up her affection for the scchool kids, while she was trying to gain conservatorship over his support and trying t commit him, while he's a 3.26 student. And living on his own...l