Scottenheimer or Sparano?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by I Am The Stig, Dec 18, 2012.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Sparano may be deficient, but at least he doesn't think that his weaknesses are his strengths (the enigma that is Schottenheimer)

2. Ted

Ted Member

One of the issues with the Jets offense is a lack of rythym. How many times over the course of this season have you seen Tebow come in at questionable times or their be confusion getting a play call in? It's ridiculous that an NFL team has trouble even getting guys lined up for the snap yet you see this repeatedly from Sparano and Co.

Schottenheimer is doing fine in St Louis because he has a QB capable of executing his offense. The issue was Sanchez, not Schotty. The current issue is Sanchez and it's made worse because of Sparano.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't think it is fair to evaluate Tony based on the lack of talent on O BUT the way he has used Tebow has been atrocious.

We had a good OC but he was the scapegoat.

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Would I prefer my left ball smashed with a sledgehammer or my right?

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

One had no feel for the game.... his replacement has no feel for his players.

They both suck, but unfortunately Sparano is the WORST :shit:

6. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Normally I'm all for keeping a coach around for a few years to get his system implemented before rushing to judgment, but Sparano has exhibited unbelievable incompetence.

That said, Schottenheimer wasn't going to do much better this year.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Id take Shotty over Sparano at this point, Shotty had more success with our garbage offense then Sparano, Im pretty sure Tony Sparano has never been a OC before coming to the Jets im not sure how he even got this job with a shit resume like he has, Atleast Shotty had some experience and we did win alot of games in 2010 in the 4th qtr in overtime so when you examine the whole body of work between the two Shotty would be the better choice over Sparano.
    Sparano is a losing football coach and always has been this is NY not Miami or Kansas City let him go pull this shit somewhere else

#27 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  8. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree with you more. I think that, over the season, Sporano has gotten a lot better at playcalling, but Sanchez can't make the right reads in the time the defense gives him. While there's an argument to be made that Sporano should have adjusted his calling to Sanchez's limited football IQ, I don't think that the designs themselves were more flawed than Schott's.

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Should make this a poll. Would be interesting to see the vote breakdown.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Are you high?

The jets lost Holmes early, hill is a rookie and has been out, Keller has missed a bevy of games, and they have a RT problem, yet St.Louis, averages 30 yards more per game, with Jackson in the backfield....yeah, Schotty was a scapegoat.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Good? Really?

30 extra yards a game with better, healthier talent?

Interesting take....

12. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I would take Shotty as sad as that is to say, Sparano is god awful, I've never seen a more inept OC in my entire life watching professional football.

13. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Who should the Jets go after in the off season for their new OC??????

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Soprano did a nice job in Miami when he had a no risk QB in Pennington to not screw up and was able to sub him with Ronnie Brown a formidable running back who could actually throw the ball. Pennington with no arm is a million times better then Sanchez when he doesn't have to throw the ball and Brown was a million times better then Tebow running and throwing the ball.

Soprano can't run a pro set with semi-pro talent.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Schottenheimer sucks dude, he sucked as a Jet and he's sucking now as the OC of the Rams. The #s for Bradford don't look that much different except for the completion % and even so that's low for Bradford who is an accurate QB.

After last night, I'm not so sure though ... that said I'm still glad Schottenheimer is gone.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'd Fire Tony Sparano today if I was Woody. He's a fucking joke.

He's severely limited by his QB but still, I've never seen an offense so out of sync, so disjointed, so pathetic - this late in the season. Most teams have more cohesion in the first preseason game let alone week 15. - That falls on the offensive coordinator...

I was traveling so I listened to the game on the radio and Fouts was appalled by the terrible play calling. Rex should punch that fuck just like his daddy did to Gilbride.

17. Ted

Ted Member

He has increased their yards by 49 per game, points by 6 per game and raised their ranking from 31 to 22. Considering it is the first year in his sytem and that Danny Amendola is their #1, and has been injured, that's a pretty decent incease.

On the other hand the Jets have decreased 10 yards and 5 points per game.

St Louis also has played the 4th toughest schedule to the Jets 20th this year.

#37 Ted, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  18. Ted

Ted Member

Actually, the Jets OL is ranked top 5 by PFF. Hard to believe but they have been more then adequate in giving Sanchez time and opening holes in the running game. Also, Stephen Jackson is a shell of what he once was.

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

When Sanchez entered the league he had one of the best OL in the NFL. Now most Jets fans call the o-line a failure unless it's one of the best in the entire league again. Jets O-Line has been good enough to win with but it's something only non-Jets fans can see.

O-Line sucks ass also helps people continue this myth that Mark Sanchez is good enough to win & this franchise doesn't have to go through the drama of finding yet another starting QB.

20. Skagerrak

Skagerrak New Member

Now we know why the Cowboys dumped Sparano as a playcaller after only one year and replaced him with Jason Garrett.

Tony has proven nothing in the NFL, the guy isn't some offensive guru.