Tebow will be #2 if healthy.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Organized Chaos, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Clovis

Clovis New Member

Who cares, I don't think that anyoone on this board is sleeping with Woody, Tanny, or Rex. Matter of fact, I doubt anyone on this board has anything to do with those decisions. We are going to get the honest answer as to who Rex feels should be the next man up this week, as Sanchez will probably get lynched if he starts next week.

Point is, the next few days should shed a lot of light on just exactly wtf the organization actually feels about thier QB situation

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I dunno but this is what the NY media is saying:

"Tebow said of the second-quarter possession, “The series started off well. We made some first downs and were hoping to capitalize on that and score some points, but then we got backed up and we tried to make best of the situation to not make some bad plays worse, so I threw that one away.’’

Indeed, there was rich irony to the one pass Tebow threw because he did the smart thing on a third-and-16 and threw the ball away, far out of bounds.

Had Sanchez used the kind of discretion Tebow exercised under duress, the Jets might have won the game and remained alive in the playoff hunt for another week. Tebow’s one incomplete proved to be more resourceful than a number of Sanchez’s 28 passes."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...4gYbABKebw7nI?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Jets

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Like I've said all along, he wants Tebow as his gadget player. I thought it was a terrible mistake not to have McElroy active last night. He didn't have a backup QB to go to.

This whole thread I had some tebot telling me the only reason Rex never pulled Sanchez for Tebow was that he just didn't play bad enough until the Arizona game.

He clearly played worse than the Arizona game, so why didn't Rex pull the trigger?

4. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

Is Sanchez the WORST QB in the NFL now? There is no possible way Tebow could possibly be that bad! If Tebow was starting this year for the same old Jets, they would be playoff bound! Tebow is a winner and always will be!:)

5. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

He looked absolutely stupendous running around like a chicken for a series. Just stellar!

6. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

The Jets would not be playoff bound if Tebow was the starter all year. The AFC East is not the AFC West. Last year 8 and 8 won the AFC West. 8 and 8 would not even make the playoffs in the AFC East. The Jets don't have a great option at QB this year or for next year. It's time to shake this team up and go a different direction!

7. JFjets

JFjets New Member

No doubt.

So if this is all about Tebow and not Sanchez, then why not activate one less WR (I believe they had 6 active WR's last night!) and activate one more QB, that way McElroy could be available to come in if Sanchez crapped the bed again like in Arizona? Why not do that if this is about Tebow not being the QB, instead of Rex having a fatal attraction/connection to Sanchez?

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know why, like I said it was a huge mistake. And Sanchez crapped the bed worse than Arizona so why not go to Tebow? Why was Rex willing to pull Sanchez for McElroy but not for Tebow? There have been several games where Sanchez was terrible and Rex didn't go to Tebow - twice with the playoffs on the line. The ONE GAME McElroy was up, Sanchez got yanked.

Explain it away tebot.

9. catsigater

catsigater New Member

We'll see what happens going forward. I've said all along if they replaced Sanchez with Tebow, they can't go back to Sanchez. They could do that with McElroy.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The "Tebow offense" had 6 plays of which 3 resulted in a first down.

Tebow was the #1 red zone threat in the NFL last year , so no other player was more efficient getting a score inside the red zone (low turnovers, and scores) .

Sanchez had 3 red zone turnovers last night...3.

Last night you were better off with tebow even if you think he is a fullback that can not throw.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

we will never know.

But I can assure you he is better than Sanchez even if you think he is a fullback that can't throw.
    All your defense needed down the stretch was for the offense to score a little and not turn it over 20 million times.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't see why anybody is hesitant to play Tebow. Who cares if he does badly? Other teams try their players out on the field to see what they've got.

Maybe Tebow could, at a minimum, be an interim guy next year. Allow the Jets to survive the salary cap damage of Sanchez, while they look for a new quarterback.

That's how it works -- you don't always move from franchise superstar to next franchise superstar. Sometimes you just give the next guy the job and keep looking, keep developing.

13. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

...and I still haven't seen a good explanation why that is.

What would be the problem with going with Tebow for a game, watching him go three and out 8 times, going 6 for 22 and getting about 80 yards passing, 20 yards rushing... maybe 7-10 points, and then going back to Sanchez the next week?

Broncos played Tebow his rookie year, but weren't afraid to go back to Orton the following year. Sure, a bunch of Tebowners flipped out when Fox came to the team and said "if the season started today, Orton would be the starter." But who cares? Is the coaching staff running the team or the Tebowners?

14. JFjets

JFjets New Member

lol, you're the one with the conspiracy theory, not me. Burden of "proof" falls on you. I've made my case, and you still haven't even offered a remotely logical answer for why Rex hasn't activated McElroy and had him replace Sanchez if this is really about not wanting to start Tebow.

15. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Expect the Jets to make a starting QB change this week vs the Chargers. #nyj

We all know what that means.....McElroy probably.

16. JFjets

JFjets New Member

By the way, if Rex makes a QB change for the San Diego game (and I'm not entirely convinced he will) and goes to McElroy over Tebow, even with Tebow being 2nd string and healthy now, then I will concede your point. If he makes a QB change and goes with Tebow over McElroy, I'll expect you to concede my point.

Agreed?

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow had a win as a starter against the chargers last year and actually played well. I would not understand starting McElroy based on such a small sample but you are right, this will tell us A LOT.

18. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I dunno.

I still find it kind of odd that they pulled Sanchez for stinking it up in Arizona in the week Tebow just so happened to be out...

yet...

Most seem to think Sanchez was even worse last night, and the jets never made the switch. They could have pulled him and NOBODY would have cared.

It really DOES kinda look like they are avoiding Tebow on purpose. Where are people misreading this then?

19. PayDirt

PayDirt New Member

I agree. It really does seem like they're avoiding Tebow. Maybe it's because they don't feel 100% comfortable with him running a Sanchez offense and they aren't creative or good enough of coaches to change around the game-plan in a week like they did in Denver after the Detroit game.

I think it'll be McElroy this week with a ton more Tebow than normal. Maybe 2-4 drives during the game.

I'd love to see what they could do with Tebow. Jeez, it's not that hard. Just copy exactly what Seattle and Washington are doing and see how it shakes out. Instead, they'll run 4-man deep routes with no-one underneath and an all-out blitz coming. Brilliant.

20. vanpelt4prez

vanpelt4prez New Member

The 3 and out crap about Tebow last year is ridiculous. Never threw on 1st down. Ran the ball 3 times on those 3 and outs a lot of the time.

Broncos coaches were not very creative with him. Steve Young said it best last night with Tebow you have to give him easy reads and work with half the field. It shouldnt be hard to run a PA roll out(On 1st down) with Tebow and pick up some yards if you're creative.

Both Gmac and Tebow should get series in the next 2 games.