Rex Ryan Wins, Jets Fan's Lose

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetBlue, Dec 18, 2012.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Thanks, Rex, you proved that you have the will not give in to the cries of fans or the media, and will coach as only you see fit, even if it means blowing the season.

you win. we lose. thanks.

2. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I still believe that Rex is not the problem. I still don't believe that Tanny is pulling the puppet strings. You heard in the post game interview, "We, I mean I" made the decisions. Tanny is on the hot seat, and is forcing the players on Ryan. JMO.

3. JetBlue

Rex is a good coach. But this season's failure is squarely on his decision to play Sanchez no matter how incompetent the offense was with him.

even if Sanchez isn't the main problem, and the lack of talent is to blame, you have to see if a change at QB will have different results.

4. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

Problem with that theory is that when all's said and done, it's Rex that's gonna suffer if he does what the GM wants and not what he feels is best for the team. Coaching jobs in the NFL are very hard to get, especially when you talk like Rex does. I can't imagine any organization is gonna be knocking on his door to be their next head coach with all his bull shit bravado, so if he allowed a GM to dictate who he should play rather then the players he felt should play, then he deserves to be fired.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

The thing is, who's going to start over him? Be realistic bro. I to hope that Greg could get the ball and hopefully turn this shit around.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

If Rex is here next season then Sanchez gets 16 more starts. If Rex has two more seasons then Sanchez has 32 more starts. Rex has picked his QB and anybody who disagrees can take a long walk over a short pier.

7. JetBlue

when the starting QB is playing like shit, any other QB is a realistic option. Sanchez hasn't just been marginally bad, he has been absolutely awful. the realistic perspective is any QB can be as bad, so even if McElroy sucks he would only be as bad as Sanchez at worst. but if he is even a slight bit better than Sanchez, that can make a huge difference, especially in a game we lose 14-10. what is not realistic about simply benching Sanchez, regardless of who is on the bench?

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Exactly. If Rex isn't back next year i'll be furious.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Anyone wanting a new coach is lost. First who would you replace him with that is proven ? secondly, if you do bring a new coach in, are you prepared for 2 more seasons of mediocrity (took Shanahan 2 seasons and now in the 3rd they are winning).

If you bring in Gruden, then he will empty the team and we are looking at 2015 or 2016 as the next time we make playoffs.

10. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I'd keep Ryan as coach but at least bring in Norv Turner as the OC when he gets canned by the Chargers.

Next week should be a job interview for him.

11. EL Kabong

EL Kabong Member

I think JetBlue is right! Rex seems unaware that his "give us the best chance to win" decisions are completely wrong.. "I Put Tboner in the third ser" Really REX? The ESPN talking heads sliced the Jets coaching staff and management up on this point and deservedly so..

#11 EL Kabong, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  12. The_Fan

The_Fan New Member

I dont understand why Rex couldnt just replace Sanchez with Tebow or McElroy. Look at what Harbaugh did. Smith is a lot better QB then Sanchez, and he already had 49ers in a playoff contender, and Harbaugh still benched him for Kaepernick because he believed his young QB is a better fit.

But instead Rex decided to stay with Sanchez and keep this nonsense going. Now I understand that McElroy might not be a starting QB material, the guy was more of a game manager than a player that can carry the team on his back in Alabama, but he would be still a better gamble than playing Sanchez. And don't forget Tebow was ready to play.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Harbaughs decision still hasnt been justified. Alex did beat the Saints in a shootout and got to the championship game. If the niners fail to make the Championship game or even super bowl, then harbaughs decision isnt justified and he will look some what bad.

If he gets it right, he will look like a genius,

14. The_Fan

The_Fan New Member

Yea that is very true. However I believe if Rex switched Sanchez for Tebow or McElroy, the outcome couldn't even be any worse than now. I agree for 49ers it maybe a different situation but for Jets it could have definitely be justified

15. Graytness

Graytness Member

If we're pointing fingers here, I'd say:
    1a. Tanny
    1b. Woody
    2. Rex

Listen, I don't agree with a lot of Tanny's decisions over the years, starting with constantly trading away draft picks. This team is in serious need of depth, which is hard to come by when you have 3-4 picks each year. On the other hand, I think Woody is behind a lot of these moves. I think he was behind Favre. I think he was behind Tebow. I also think he is a big reason that Sanchez continually gets the start. He isn't paying Sanchez nearly $9 million to hold a clipboard. I could be wrong, but we know Woody is a businessman, not a football man.

My hope for this offseason: Tanny gone. Sanchez gone. Rex stays. I think Rex is a good coach and he is the reason the Jets made it to back-to-back AFC championship games, not Sanchez.

16. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

The talent around Sanchez deteriorated from beneath him, and he forces his throws when he thinks he needs to carry the team. There is no legitimate backup on the roster. There's plenty of blame to go around, but I don't know how you can point to anybody but Tannenbaum when looking for the root of the problem. Sanchez isn't the QB of the future, but Tannenbaum shouldn't be the GM next year. The weak QB class in the draft makes the QB situation for next year a bit more difficult, but it coincides "well" with a stupid $8 million dollar contract Sanchez has.

Hopefully we'll get a look at what McElroy can do in the next two games, but Sanchez won't be going much farther than the bench this year or next unless there's a team extremely desperate for a QB.

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Rex as a motivator and a defensive mind is enough to keep hm as our coach imo. As for Tanny and Sanchez ? Peace the Fuck out!

18. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Rex is terrible. OP is right, Rex did this. He keeps starting the guy and he will start the guy all next year.

Not only that, Rex is going to draft garbage in the next draft, its guaranteed. He is a loser. He should have benched Sanchez a long time ago, now he needs to be fired or next year is more SANCHEZ,he wouldnt even give McElroy a shot when Sanchez is throwin no tds but 3 int a game............................................ and we will only add more bad players and coaches. Tanny did nothing but say yes to all of the dumbass moves the dumbass Rex wanted.

Rex is no motivator the locker room has fallen apart two years in a row. There is no other team like that.

Woody is lost. He must be mesmerized by the giant horse teeth. And the lies we have heard all year. STRAIGHT UP LIES. "Great team" Best team Defense playing amazing, running game looks good SANCHEZ GIVES US A CHANCE.........

He's either a liar or grossly incompetent, who cares which. Fire Rex

#18 Ryan76, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with you that it's Tanny pulling the strings, but it's still on Rex for covering for him. If Tanny forces him to start Sanchez, in the post game conference he should just be honest and say, "it wasn't my decision to start Mark". Rex is a relatively young guy and definitely knows his defensive x's and o's. If the Jets threw him under the bus and fired him for being honest I'm sure there would be plenty of other teams that would give him a job. However, when he takes ownership for the terrible, inexplicable decision to keep shoveling Sanchez out there week after week, he bears the responsibility.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Our qb decisions are more like the worst team in football chiefs than the niners. start a god awful Brady Quinn loss after loss while a promising qb prospect rides the bench.