Braylon Edwards is a Jet, Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Not saying bringing braylon back would all of the sudden turn mark into an all star qb but the two had alot of chemistry in the 2 seasons he was here. To be honest I think having Braylon would allow the offense to open up more due to the fact he has size and has proven to be an asset to Sanchez in the past. Having Braylon would make the lives of Kerley and Hill so much easier, especially Kerley. Plus with only 3 games left maybe he plays well for us assuming we get him and during the offseason will sign for alot less money due to the fact he's been humbled by having no production and being cut from 2 teams in the past year....there is NO downside to this signing if it happens

2. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

It also helps that Braylon knows the fans loved him when he was here and that he wanted to stay with us in New York! So all the production bullshit can be thrown out the door because coming here would give him extra motivation

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

ahhhh yes, I forgot the " warm and fuzzies" factor. My bad.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Hn-enjcgV1o[/YOUTUBE]

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez has also lost every weapon he had over the last 4 years - cotchery, smith, lt, richardson, washington, burress, cotchery, edwards - this year holmes, keller, hill, gates, kerley all have been taken out or slowed by injuries.

Bringing someone back that know how to run a clean route and fight for the ball is a big deal. Better than briniging in an unproven UFA.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I love how we wait till the last minute to do things. Way to go Tanny!

7. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

C'mon Tanny Bring Back Braylon and let's see a reunion with Sanchez and a nice 40 yard bomb in the opening Monday night, just like old times. Make it So!

#207 BleedJetsGreen1981, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He should have never left to begin with.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Great post. And people wonder why Sanchez has struggled the last year and a half.

10. 101GangGreen101

You know it's funny the majority of this board wanted Braylon gone way back when. I remember us taking various polls and such - I don't want to bump those topics.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I was a Braylon fan when he was here, but it seems like he's not the same player now that he was then. It's been two years and a couple of injuries. We can't expect him to be the same.

Frankly I would consider using Cromartie and perhaps a healthy McKnight (if he is healthy, meaning) more in the passing game than bringing in Edwards for the last three games.

12. 101GangGreen101

I think Braylon's effort on the field is contagious though. He works hard on each snap he's given and I liked that about him. I think he still has that passion to play football, and I think that could go a long way putting some more positive energy into this team. He may not be the same exact player, but surely he can be more effective than Clyde Gates or Chaz Schillens

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Don't know if you're a basketball fan, but for those who are, I look at Braylon like I look at Raymond Felton, PG of the Knicks.

Felton was having a career year with the Knicks in 2010-2011 but then they traded him away. He never wanted to leave, he embraced NY and called it home even though he had only played there half a season. Two seasons went by, he got out of shape, he became a problem in the locker room for other teams, he had terrible years... now he's back with the Knicks and having one of the better years of his career again, and the Knicks are soaring.

Sometimes a change of scenery is all a person needs. Mental health means just as much as physical health.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'll concur with that.

They need to find a way to get the ball to Cromartie on offense, even more than ever now. Playaction fly routes, reverses, quick slants, etc, he could be effective.

Cromartie is the ONLY guy on the entire roster that's a threat with the ball in his hands. Even if it meant sacrificing some of his effectiveness on defense, because of being tired or what not, I'd still get him more involved offensively.

I also don't think bringing in Braylon would change much at all and I wouldn't expect him to make much impact. I'm not against the signing because I'm not against the signing of anyone right now to improve the putrid offense, but Im not crossing my fingers either.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I dont want to risk an injury to our best defensive player by using him as a receiver.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Happens all the time a receiver leaves and just does not have chemistry with the new team or QB.

Braylon is most likely not the same player but the psychological effect he has on Sanchez is a factor that cant be explained. Sanchez trusts Braylon and Braylon is the type of receiver a QB like Sanchez (not the most accurate)needs a receiver that will go get the ball on some ill advised throws.

If Sanchez is going to be the starter bring in BE.

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Exactly, if we are going to go with Mark for the time being why not put him in the best position to succeed.

Mark has gone from a receiver core of

2009: Cotchery and Stuckey, Keller which then became Cotchery, Braylon, and Keller
    2010: Cotchery, Edwards, and Keller which then became Holmes, Edwards, and Keller with Cotchery as the 3.
    2011: Holmes, Burress, and Keller with Mason and then Kerley as the 3.
    2012: Holmes, Hill, and Keller with Kerley as the 3 and now some combination of Kerley, Hill, and Schillens.

That's a lot of constant change for a QB. I think it's safe to assume that Mark isn't a franchise QB but it least give the guy a couple of players he is familiar with to throw the ball to. It's not a shock he is better when Keller is on the field, there's a reason for that, he's been the one constant for Mark since he came into the league, even Holmes and Mark have had stretches of good chemistry in the past.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Bingo. This right here is the answer Tanny and company need to realize.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

hell, if anything because he can block, and a least be a decoy on some deep routes...... if it's just through the end of the season, what's the loss?

20. StealthDefense

StealthDefense Active Member

Hello everyone. Was a big fan of Braylon when he was with the team. It would be great to see him back.

Braylon had made a great improvements when he was here, from being a WR who dropped a lot of big passes to at one point have some of the best hands on the team.

He is a big target, it can't hurt Sanchez to have someone to aim at in the redzone. Just wish that they would have brought in receives when people were dropping left and right at the start of the season.

P.S. Looking forward to being able to contribute.