Braylon Edwards is a Jet, Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

Exactly. I watched some of 2010 hard knocks today, and the way Mark and Braylon interacted was refreshing to see. When Braylon was first traded here, he said he wanted to be Mark's 'Marvin Harrison'. He always helped boost sanchez's ego. That is precisely what mark needs now. If this front office wants to redeem themselves a bit, they have to sign him.

2. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Idiots if we dont at least look .

#182 xmscott, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  3. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Remember the Jets FO logic though...do the complete opposite of what is practical. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they signed some random scrub off the practice squad from the Rams or something.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Bold prediction: If Braylon Edwards comes back, we will win our remaining three games comfortably.

5. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

I'll stand by you on that.

6. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

That is what is scaring me. I'm nervous I'll get a buzz on my phone tomorrow announcing Patrick Turner is back.

7. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

im trying to score a deal on a braylon jersey before he signs and the prices go up

is fansedge legit?

8. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

oh yeah def is. Affiliated with fanatics im pretty sure. I was looking earlier today too haha but I'm not that confident yet haha

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Braylon did apologize, Tanny forgive him and try him out. Doesn't Tebow preach forgiveness?

10. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

this board might need a Braylonmania section.

11. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

I feel like tomorrow is the first day of kindergarten!! haha Im too excited. Probably just gonna be let down by our terrible FO

12. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

why hasnt this happend yet? AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!11

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They just picked up Binns so I don't see them getting in the mix. I see some posts talking about waiting to see if he clears waivers today but he is right around the vet minimum right now so they better put that claim in. New England had put a claim on Binns also so I don't know if they may look at Edwards also if they are looking to get a WR over 6 ft tall.

14. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

To show how dumb our GM and coaching staff are, they wanted to trade for braylon prior to the trade deadline...why give up draft pick/s just like that when this team has so many holes to fill?!!?? It makes no sense....that being said, now that he was cut...SIGN THIS BEAST....I'll never forget the dougie on the pats or the playoff game where he dragged to pats defenders into the end zone with him! He may say/do some dumb shit sometimes but he plays with so much heart! Unlike someone we know (cough cough Holmes)! Hope we grab bray bray!

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

4PM is when everything can happen

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

You guys seriously think Braylon is gonna make Sanchez an NFL QB again? Bwahahhahaa. Seriously, up the meds people.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

What Edwards will bring is someone Mark trusts throwing the ball to. He doesn't have to be a deep threat or game changer. If he can help move the chains on 3rd down it is more than they have now on offense.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Edwards hasnt caught a footballin 2 years. No one wants the guy. Hes been hurt. Sanchez is terrible. To suggest that bringin back his old friend is gonna "snap" Mark out of it is ludicrous. Its exactly the kinda quick fix mentality that our FO has. I know it wont cost us anything to pick him up so Im not against the signing per se. But this isnt a move that should be causing the kind of stir some of you are allowing it to.

19. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i dont necessarily think the team needs braylon, but a veteran receiver that can exploit any mismatches and play good situational football is something that the team is severely lacking. so in that respect, adding a receiver like edwards would be a good move for the offense, and we should expect to see some significant improvements if not only for the reason that other defenses will have to respect braylon as a receiving threat. currently, there are no healthy receivers on the roster that i believe opposing coordinators look at and think, we have to watch out for what that guy is doing. regardless of what the casual fan thinks of braylon edwards, no defensive coach in the league would look past the guy when gameplanning for the jets, if he were here.

just something to consider

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No one is saying all that. Fans just want Braylon back because he was a solid player for us. Plus since the Jets never replaced him with a player of equal or greater value, it's worth a shot to bring him back.