Braylon Edwards is a Jet, Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

All we need is J Co, but we know he isn't coming back.:sad:

2. BleednGreen247

these idiots should have never let him walk

he had the most chemistry with mark and you let ur best receiver walk? jets management is unbelievably stupid.

3. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

Im getting giddy like a school girl just thinking about this

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

I don't know if they pick before us, but I see Miami taking a shot.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

As long as Woody owns this team, it will be about the Bottom line and NOT the teams needs.

Ask this, How many quality receivers have the JETS brought in since Holmes went down?

The JETS never seem to "Build" on their success. Instead they pull it back as if to say,"Ok , time to increase the profits. Who can we cut or let go?"

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

we will find out tommorow what we plan on doing, He is expected to clear waivers tommorow or we are expected to claim him when he falls to ,I hear its definite that we are bringing him back

7. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

Cuts deep. But as true as it gets. Still have a good hunch Braylon will be back. Only for the reason that they want to get more out of their Sanchez investment.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

invite T.O too. Jets need as much help as they can get on offense and T.O, assuming hes in shape, will be a huge upgrade over the rest with these remaining games to go.

P.S : I cant believe I just typed that.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If you want to lay blame for that, put it where it belongs. Tanny is bringing I young guys with speed, not older vets. If its due to money, it's more likely to maximize our rollover for next year when we have around 20 players to sign in about 15 to 20 mill.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

My theory on Tanny bringing in all these young guys with speed is because they are bitter about their signings of Plax and Mason, they want to avoid vets at all costs. It's their fault that they picked the wrong vet to sign (Mason). Plax wasn't a bad signing, making him the number 2 receiver was the problem.

11. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

I think it's the Jets obsession with finding their own Victor Cruz, Rex speaks high of him and if I remember correctly the jets had tried to get him.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The JETS will be freeing up capspace with a few players that won't be retained.
    We will be able to sign a majority of players back and the fact that anyone we would have brought in would be a 1 year deal so there would be minimal to nil effect on next years #'s.

That said, It still doesn't excuse the fact that TannyWood has done nothing after the injuries.
    Why not?
    We'll trade for Tebow but when Holmes goes down, Keller & Hill were out for weeks and who did we bring in?

I'm all for the youth movement but you have to at least try and get some vets around because it's obviously obvious
    the Offensive side of the team needs help.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The common demoninator with these kind of break out players is that they had elite/good QB's throwing them the ball. Sanchez can't make anyone better. He needs players to make him better.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Oh I understand how we get under the cap. The problem comes from us being 20mill over with 39 players under contract. Then we need to cut a minimum of Pace, Scott, and Jason Smith to get about 8 mill of space, 13mill using the roll over. So with 36 players under contract we have at most around 13 mill, leaving an average of under 1 mill per signing.

We may make other moves to free up more room, but signing a Dwayne Bowe type to a big contract is not happening. Not wit us need to replace 3/4 of our starting linebacker core and getting two starting safety's under contract.

15. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

I'm pissed that all the scrub WRs we signed this season, Danario Alexander was not one of them. He's been playing pretty well with San Diego.

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

would love to have Braylon back. was always a fan.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Danario Alexander was a scrub until he landed in San Diago. All about the fit.

Also if Braylon comes back, don't expect the 2010 version to come back.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I want Braylon back for 2013. All of a sudden a WR corp of Holmes, Edwards, Kerley and Hill does not look so bad.

19. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

At least bring him in for a workout. Leak a false story, anything.

He is the best fit. Jets need to atleast take a look at him. I almost dont care if he is fully healthy. We need help/.

20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

It just shows how badly the Jets brought along Mark Sanchez. They got rid of the receiver who had the best chemistry with him only to realize their mistake almost 2 seasons later after having multiple chances to bring him back.

Im not saying it's going to make Mark magically become good but this organization should have kept familiar faces around Sanchez, especially ones who liked being here, support Mark, and had good chemistry with him like Keller and Braylon.