Norv Turner Signed as Browns OC

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 101GangGreen101, Dec 1, 2012.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Pretty much, I think we've seen this story with the Jets before not too long ago, but maybe we can make the right decisions this time

2. Combustible Rextible

On one hand, Norv Turner has a good track record from 2007 - 2011 where the Chargers were a top 5 offense by points scored. On the other hand, the Chargers had LT, Gates, and Rivers (before Rivers turned into whoever Rivers is these days), and the AFC West was pretty lean during those years. He also has a lousy record against the Pats so I think that weighs against him. I'm not saying he couldn't do a good job here, but its not a sure shot.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

His track record goes back much further than the Chargers ... check out his wiki.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I know I've mentioned that Rex dissed Norv last year but I should point out that Rex and Sparano used to trade barbs and I always got the idea they didn't care too much for each other and apparently they got over that.

A big chunk of money could make Norv forget. Then again, I doubt Sparano had as many options as Norv will have.

5. 101GangGreen101

Norv helped Alex Smith get back on the right track to save his career as well. He's perfect for this team. Bringing him in would remind me of the Texans / Saints / Packers and how they brought in a coordinator to save their team on that side of the ball. Notice how two have raised the Lombardi Trophy and one may do so at the end of the season.

HC that can get his players to respond, and a coordinator to help fix issues on that side of the ball that the HC cannot do.

6. Combustible Rextible

I know he’s been around for awhile. Looking at his career, it seems that If Turner has talent on offense, he can do something with it. If he doesn’t, he won’t. As OC of the Cowboys in the early 90s, he walked into a team with Emmit Smith, Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin and won so that’s a positive, and he did well with some talented players on the Chargers. The rest of his time with the Redskins, Raiders, Dolphins, and 49ers were not necessarily remarkable, but not sure if anyone could have done well in a couple of those situations.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

No OC with Credibility will come here until Sanchez is gone.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I made this point at Sundays game. Absolutely. The real question is, will the organization that sacrificed Sanchez to Schotty for 3 years, lose Sparano?

9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with your assessment of Sanchez but when you have the opportunity to get a guy like Norv as OC (not HC) you do it. I'm sure the Jets FO has finally figured out Sanchez isn't that answer and next year will be his last here. You get Norv in the fold and have him help evaluate and train up the next QB. They've never had a good OC to take a young QB and get him ready for the NFL. Its about time they do things the right way and have the guy on staff to do so.

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You crowed on and on about how just losing Schotty automatically made Sanchez a top QB.

Now that it is clear that isn't the case, and Sanchez still looks like shit it appears you have modified your opinion to conform to your desired result.

I'm shocked!

11. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I really think Sanchez needs a different type of offense 4 wr sets and more passing. I think norv will fix sanchez! We need a whole new Offensive system! Jets have never been a pass first team!

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Money talks. Woody says he's in it to win and has more than enough to retain Turners services if he so desires.

13. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Sanchez is not good for the Jets anymore. There is no OC that can fix him in this city at this point.

14. 101GangGreen101

I hope when we bring in a new GM that he'll notice how bad this offense has been and that it needs to be reconstructed. This would require Sparano to be let go from the get-go. I think this is the only way this were to happen. If Tanny is back again next season, I think we might keep the same guys here :sad:

We are not bringing in Norv to help fix Sanchez. He can surely try, but Norv should have his hands in the new "franchise" QB bucket. 2014. Teddy Bridgewater. I am on the bandwagon.

Don't fool yourself bro - Sparano is still better than Brian Schotteheimer. This more-so points out the issue is Sanchez though. Having Schottenheimer here wouldn't fix anymore, only make it worse

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Let's be clear, Sparano is an upgrade over Schotty. Not even a rational question.

Name a team with more garbage at the other skill positions, with Holmes gone.

Hills a Rookie, with a pigskin allergy, and Kerley can only do so much, and Keller can't stay on the field.

Marks "3" picks Sunday were mostly the fault of other players....on the first he gets stuck in the chest as he throws the ball, and on the third he hit Schillens in the hands downfield...
    The second, and the almost fourth were clearly his...

But, look at the situation, Clyde Gates....Chaz Schillens? Really..?

And, to finish, the fact that Powell is still not getting the majority of carries tells you all you need to know.

23 has played better of late, but has still been outplayed by Powell.

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You could have just said "I'll never blame Sanchez because then I would have to *gasp* admit I was wrong"

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I say bring Norv in. Let him access the qb situation. If he feels he can fix Sanchez then allow him to do it, if not then go to greg or someone else.

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Norv Is Gonna Get Another Head Coach Job

Carolina, maybe Chicago, Philadelphia, Arizona, Detroit, Kansas City will all be looking for a head coach. Norv is better as offensive coordinator than head coach just like Wade Phillips. All I know Sparano better not come back and Cavanuagh also.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Somebody Said

You can't fix stupid. Sanchez is a moron plain and simple. His throws and decision making process is beyond stupid. I think Eva Longoria sucked his brains instead of something else.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'd rather Reid but I think that's unrealistic. I'm not so crazy about Norv as some of you guys but he'd be a huge improvement over Sparano. unless its a player like cj spiller please do not waste a top draft pick on a RB as someone suggested above, starting caliber backs are abundant compared to other positions.