Tebow will be #2 if healthy.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Organized Chaos, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I tend to avoid the conspiracy theories against Tebow. Life is usually simpler than it seems.

2. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Do you think Rex would have gone to Tebow if he wasn't injured?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why not do the same in the Seattle game with the season on the line? The offense and sanchez were terrible. It was a winnable game and we absolutely needed to win.

Why not go to the backup then?

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I don't think so. If Tebow was active, Sanchez stays in the game.

5. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Because he can go to McElroy and then start Sanchez the next week.

If he starts Tebow, and the Jets win. Sanchez is done.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wait what? First of all that in and of itself makes no sense to me. Secondly, I thought the idea was that Rex would pull the starter if it was to try and win the game regardless of who the backup was?

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I don't think that Rex wants the headache of dealing with a Tebow win. He may be forced to play Tebow in Jax if Sanchez played badly because he already set the precedent of benching Mark last week. If Sanchez doesn't play well, but doesn't get benched, then the question will be asked, "Why?" And if the answer is he doesn't trust Tebow, then the next question is, "Why didn't you make McElroy the backup?"

I'm confused by Rex. We'll see what happens this week though... I think I am as tired of this BS as the Jets fans are as tired of Tebow. I just want Sanchez or McElroy to start for the rest of the season at this point.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Pretty easy when you actually think about it. Tebow offers a lot more than McElroy at other positions on the field. Tebow can hold the clipboard AND punt protect. They can use that third spot for something else.

Unless you think Tebow is actually the second best QB on the team and THAT is why he's number 2. (Or some think he's actually the best one and Rex is just too stubborn to see it.)

9. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I know it makes no sense to you, because you're operating from behind a huge set of blinders.

If Rex puts in Tebow, when there's even the slightest chance that the Jets could land a playoff spot, and the Jets win (like the Broncos did last year), then he knows he'd be pilloried for going back to Sanchez. He could put in McElroy and know the fans would still accept going back to Sanchez, however grudgingly.

Secondly, at some point, winning games becomes secondary, once the season is (mathematically) lost. It's more about seeing what you've got and looking toward next year.

I've said all along that Rex would not make the switch to Tebow unless both 1. The season is mathematically lost, and 2. Sanchez play is a contributing factor to that being the case.

I've also predicted if he does bench Sanchez, then it's likely both Tebow and McElroy get playing time. If one or the other looks to be clearly better at running the offense and moving the team downfield, then he'll get the majority of the snaps.

But regardless, Mark Sanchez is the only QB guaranteed to be on the team next year.

If I had to lay odds I'd say Sanchez has a 90% probability of being on the team, McElroy around 50/50, and Tebow slightly less than 50/50.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So we agree that the real #2 all season has been McElroy. Thanks. Now if I could just get you to agree that Tebow was brought here to be Brad Smith II we'd be pretty much on the same page.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Didn't throw another near INT huh ??

[​IMG]

Defender coming off the edge with no one between him and Sanchez. Ball gets thrown, defender has both arms up and gets both hands on the ball.

Where I come from, that's a "near pick".

As you said though, Rex FINALLY pulled Sanchez, BUT, even after all the crappy play that he has seen from Sanchez, Rex STILL didn't pull him after the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd INT.

If he had pulled him after the 1st one, then maybe, just maybe, you might have a point. But he didn't, did he ?

Nope, McElroy was standing right there on the sideline yet Rex still waited, and waited and waited.

It's rather clear that Rex didn't reach his breaking point with Sanchez until AFTER that 2nd near INT, otherwise, he would have pulled him previously. This invalidates the argument that Rex would have benched Sanchez earlier, but simply didn't because he didn't want to go with Tebow.

12. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Like I said, blinders.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It was a DB blitz and he jumped to bat the ball down. That's not a near pick. That's a batted ball.

Sanchez sucked dick many times this season and Tebow never got the nod. Because Rex doesn't want Tebow at QB. Likely because he knows what everyone else in the world but you tebois know - Tebow is a terrible QB.

14. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

When a defender gets two hands on the ball, that's a near pick. If he had putt one mitt up there, then it would just be a batted ball.

Again though, look at your argument. You are saying that Rex was ready to pull Sanchez previously, but he didn't, simply because Rex doesn't want Tebow.

But again, he could have turned to McElory after the first pick BUT HE DIDN'T.
    He could have turned to McElroy after the second pick, BUT HE DIDN'T.
    He could have turned to McElroy after then third pick, BUT HE DIDN'T.
    He could have turned to McElroy at halftime, BUT HE DIDN'T.
    He could have turned to McElroy after the first near pick, BUT HE DIDN'T.

Now, explain to us all how/why it is that Rex would have benched Sanchez sooner, if not for Tebow, yet when he had PLENTY of reasons and opportunities to bench Sanchez in favor of McElroy, HE DIDN'T DO IT.

No, it wasn't until that 2nd near INT that he finally had seen enough of Sanchez.

What is so hard for you to understand about this ??

That he waited as long as he did in the AZ game PROVES that Rex hadn't reached the point where he was ready to bench Sanchez. It wasn't about who to send in. HE WASN'T FUCKING READY TO BENCH SANCHEZ.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I mean it may have happened at some time, but when was the last time you saw a DB blitz turn into an interception? You see them bat down balls with both hands fairly regularly but they never pick it off. The fact that you believe thats a near INT tells me a lot.

And your other point is stupid because there have been other times where the offense was just as inept and sanchez wasn't pulled.

The difference was that Tebow was the backup and Rex isn't going to pull Sanchez for Tebow.

Why don't you tell me again how Tom Landry and Gil Brandt don't know what they're talking about either.

Tebow is a terrible QB dude. Even worse than Sanchez. You'll never get it.

16. Concerned_Citizen

Wonder if this had anything to do wtih it... As bad as Sanchez is, I can see why Rex would be reluctant to look at Tebow for any answers at QB.

[youtube]vHYsXUXUkpA[/youtube]

Yep... sure is accurate on the long ball.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

There are many videos of him accurately throwing the long ball in the NFL. This is a cherry-picked video, and demonstrably false.

18. Concerned_Citizen

Actually, this is how he normally looks... at least for the first 55 minutes of games. Can look at the Miami game, detroit game, either Kansas City game (the first game would be a short video going 2 or 8.) He was bad for most of the Chicago game. Wasn't that great for most of the Jets game...

I still think the Minnesota game might have been his best performance, particularly in the second half. But that video above is exhibit A on why he is criticized for his inabilities in the passing game, and presumably why he doesn't see much game time. there are far more throws like that than there were those good strikes that were on the money.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think Tebow will be active this week.

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lulz at that screencap being a near pick